Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[FATE Core] Closed: Lack of Interest Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:18 pm
Xenar1

I see...well, I hadn't even been aware they -had- a wiki, so if you got any information at all that's good news.

That being said- there are definitely some changes to how stress and consequences are handled in the present edition, and the rules for actions and combat have been reworked and refined in FATE Core, so you'll probably have some unlearning to do if you're working off of a previous edition, particularly with fragmentary information.

I continue to recommend that you download the FATE Core rulebook from the link I provided, or just Google it yourself to the same result; that's their official website, the .pdf is free, and they have produced a number of commercially available hardcover products. As internet products go, it is the platonic essence of legitimacy.

I'd be considerably more comfortable knowing everyone is on the same page, so to speak, so as to avoid unnecessary confusion.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:31 pm
I hear you and I will deeply consider it (afterall they have paypal payments so they are decent). I am just enjoy some old nostalgic game learning from when I was a kid. smile

PS: the wiki isn't much to look at. and it seems to as much of a melting pot as the city you'll be taking us though.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:38 pm
Xenar1
I hear you and I will deeply consider it (afterall they have paypal payments so they are decent). I am just enjoy some old nostalgic game learning from when I was a kid. smile

PS: the wiki isn't much to look at. and it seems to as much of a melting pot as the city you'll be taking us though.

Well, wikis are like that, I suppose. All those authors...and so very, very few editors. Shuddersome.

Anyways, enjoy your nostalgia- I daresay I learned a thing or two about things that way in my time, as well.
(I found the 'no payments of any kind' rather the appealing point, myself)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:26 pm
I guess it's finished, then?

Name: Fyren the "Blood Crow"

High Concept: Death's Judge of the Fallen
Trouble: Lying is the First Step Down the Path of Thievery

Skills:
+4 [Stealth]
+3 [Athletics] [Fight]
+2 [Contacts] [Notice] [Shoot]
+1 [Empathy] [Investigate] [Will] [Physique]

Stunts:
x The Weight of Reputation - Use Contacts instead of Provoke to create advantages based on fear of reputation.
x Danger Sense - Notice skill is unimpeded by sensory impairments in situations where another intends to harm you.
x Killing Stroke - Once per scene, you may spend a fate point to "upgrade" a consequence you force an opponent to take. Mild to Moderate, Moderate to Severe, and Severe to Severe + 2nd consequence OR be taken out.

Stresses:
Physical - 3
Mental - 3

About:
Fyren is a young adult that's about 5'9" tall. He has dark red hair that comes to his shoulder blades. On his back are a pair of magnificent wings whose color matches that of his hair. Though he has wings, Fyren rarely uses them. In his mind, they're more of a nuisance than anything else. His eyes are a bright yellow and surrounded with black, much like the eyes of a wolf.
Fyren likes to wear tighter clothing with a flowing cloak over it. He rarely wears any color other than black, though he does like to accent his outfits with red.

Fyren was born the son of a noble. He was expected to do this and do that at the whim of his parents. Pretty soon, he grew sick of it and ran away to the streets. And, for a time, everything was fine.
It was the law of the streets that got him kidnapped and used as a guinea pig for some magic experiment. All he knew was that it made him something that was no longer human. He was a "fallen angel". The product of a mad mage obsessed with making man into "something greater than the worlthess pigs they are" or something.
Fyren was in too much pain at the time to really pay attention. When he came to, he had something he never wanted attached firmed to his back. Wings. Dammit.
It was then that Fyren understood. No one had come to save him, because there was no one able to save him. He was on his own, alone. He wondered how many others had suffered like he had. There was no justice in this. There was no way he was going to let this happen to anyone else, even if that meant getting rid of the problems of this city one person at a time.
He picked up a shard of glass from the ground and waited til the mage came by to take his notes.
As he walked out of that place, covered in someone else's blood, he felt the sea breeze......along with something else. Freedom? No. Happiness? Not quite. Fyren realized that he had found his purpose in life. He was the monster hiding under the beds of every being that would hurt another for their own gain.
He was the "Blood Crow".

Other:
Current Issue - Unrest due to a rise in vicious creatures right outside the city.
Impending Issue - A beloved ruler's ailing health with no known heir.

Person - Kalluin the Ambitious Noble: Uses questionable ways to rid himself of unwanted pests. A tall, handsome man with dark hair and eyes. His style of dress is flashy, much like his demeanor.
Place - The Den of the Blooded: Bar and main hangout for the Collection. Only those with a death wish would dare step in this place without a reason. It's a dark, dank place with a severe rat problem. Its main feature is a VIP booth made from the carcasses of some unfortunate wyverns.

Group Aspect - Vigilantes out for Blood

Which Tales games have you played? ouo
Oh, btw, the Dwarven Vow doesn't literally mean becoming a thief. Just making sure you realize that. =v= Some thieves are good guys, like Robin Hood. Hahaha

They collect many things, bodies being one of them. Anything that can be collected and sold.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:43 pm
Yep, you're pretty much good! And it looks like you even cottoned on to the place most likely to house a clandestine magical lab- the warren of the seacliffs.

You might want to consider leaving your tormentor alive for dramatic purposes- so they can chase you, or you can chase them! However, if you want them firmly in the past to make room for new menaces, alrighty then (although they might still have had backers, of course).

All in all, though, looks fine. ^^
We will be creating some more aspects- specifically, three more- when we've got a full party set up, but that'll be collaborative, so no need to worry about it too much yet.

Vesperia and Graces F; I enjoyed them.
And yeah, I gotcha.

Hm, interesting. So they're scavengers and peddlers of a sort, then? I see.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:22 am
(still in progress, also there are guns in this right?)

Name: Rika, the wolf

appearance: 21 years old 5 feet 4 inches tall and 132 pounds. her eyes are gold and her short hair is almost pitch black and runs down most her back like a mane. she has slightly pointed ears and is rather pale, when in the sun light almost has a green tint to her skin. thin and lanky in build with scars across most of her arms and a few others on her chest and legs and one noticeable scar across her face (from above her left eyebrow to just above the right side of her jaw). they are mostly hidden by her clothing. she also has unretractable claws that she keeps filed down as there are easier to live with that way.

she wears a leather vest and bracers on her arms (leaving her upper arms exposed) and linen pants with leather boots that almost go up to her knees. she also wears her latest trophy; a tattered black silk cape with gold embroidered on the edges.

history; She started out in the slums and almost ended in the slums. Due to a less than nurturing family she looked for another and sadly found it. Being one of many street urchins she stole; sometimes because she needed food and other times for sport and fun. Being rather gifted she quickly became known well enough to have work come to her when she was a teenager.

When she got older she was approached by Blacksuns and they hired her full time to help them out. She just never told them she was still accepting work from others. Until that point she had not been involved with the more professional side of crime and the next four years were perhaps the worst years of her life. All her old friends, which she had fallen out of touch with, had by that time also been involved in one of the three rival gangs to some extent.

Innocence was lost over those four years as the turf war seemed to drag on and people started dying. She learned to keep people, even old friends, at an arm length away. It was only because of her strong will that she survived but the cost was closing herself off from the world at large.

When the Blacksun gang was close to winning the long turf was they had a long string of bad luck, which was caused by her for the most part. She had finally had enough, she killed Alonzo’s second in command who ordered her to kill one of her last few friends who was blamed for selling information. In fact it was her that sold the information and she couldn't live with herself if someone else got blamed. so she walked out of the gang leaving a trail of corpses and wearing the second in command’s cloak.

High Concept: the lonely mercenary
Trouble: alone in a crowd.

Skills:
+4 Will
+3 stealth, shoot
+2 Athletics, Notice, Physique
+1 fight, Investigate, Deceive, Burglary

Stunts:
Mind of Steel. +2 to Will when using it to defend against supernatural mental attacks.
Quick Exit. A momentary distraction is all you need to vanish from the scene. Provided you are not in the midst of a conflict, you may roll a quick contest between your Stealth and the highest Notice in the room. If you succeed, the next time someone turns to look at or talk to you, you’re not there.
Personal Arsenal. You own a great number of weapons, and you get new ones all the time. Use your Shoot skill instead of your Resources skill when dealing with weaponry.

Stresses:
Physical - 3
Mental - 4

Other:
Current Issue - turf war spreading fear in more residential areas.
Impending Issue - a crime boss wining the war.

Person - David Alonzo 'blacksun' the crime boss
Place - the Alonzo warehouse (A.K.A blacksun HQ)

Group Aspect - lack of unity (since they are new as a group, both to the city and to each other)  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:45 pm
Okay, let's have a look....well, to answer your initial question, nope, no guns really- might be a few in laboratories somewhere, but they'd be primitive steam blunderbusses or something.
However, you -can- use the Shoot skill for crossbows and other fantasy ranged weapons, so you're still good.

Just as a proofreading note, 'braces' are suspenders, 'bracers' are armor.

High concept is decent, probably doesn't need the definite article unless it's a title other people call her. Questions to consider: is she lonely by choice? Does it bother her? Also seems to tie in pretty closely with the trouble, which is good.
Trouble is a little lengthy: what about I don't need friends or Ice Queen? A little shorter, and a little more open to interpretation (which is good for you).

Skills look fine, no problems there; ditto stunts.
Stress is good with that extra-high will.

Issues look good, obviously one ties into the other, and that's a good approach.

Tell me a little more about your person and place; feel free to try coming up with an aspect for either or both of them.

Group aspect is good.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:42 pm
Joseph Severn
You might want to consider leaving your tormentor alive for dramatic purposes

If that man was still alive, Fyren wouldn't be a very good vigilante of justice, now would he? Hahaha =v=

Joseph Severn
Vesperia and Graces F; I enjoyed them.

I'm currently doing a 100% run of Vesperia.
I can't do the double boss fight on Mt. Temza, though //cries
Two bosses + Secret Mission for both + mandatory Judith = NOT FUN >:/
Also, I feel like the difference in difficulty levels is really dramatic.

But yeah, I really like Vesperia (and its movie).
Graces wasn't bad, though I liked the battle system more than the characters Haha

If you want to play Symphonia, I recommend waiting for the Chronicles redo to come out (next year). They're remaking Symphonia (and Knights of Ratatosk) for the PS3 with "updated" graphics and dual audio~
Oh and Robin is Lloyd Irving in English. Just thought I'd put that out there.
I don't recommend Knights of Ratatosk though, unless you play in Japanese. English Emil and Marta get annoying REALLY quickly.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:27 pm
xX_Terei_Xx

Depends, really. Lots of vigilantes from justice are motivated by 'the one who got away'.

I see; sounds fun! I didn't get alllll that far in either of them, but I shall certainly take that advice under advisement! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:27 pm
Joseph Severn

But not all of those vigilantes are assassins by nature, I assume?

And yeah. Tales is a series you need to put quite a bit of time into....
Vesperia is AT LEAST 60 hours of gamplay, assuming you're just going through for the main story.
I forgot how much Graces f was.... Something like 50?

Symphonia was like 70-80 hours OTL Doubled, if you decided to do sidequests.
It was two Gamecube discs long. Haha.

Vesperia is a game where it might be best to run around on Normal and do bosses on Easy. Some of those bosses are really difficult, though others are laughably easy. The third boss is a surprisingly difficult fight. Poison hurts baaaad.

My friend and I got through Graces f on the highest difficulty (Chaos difficulty) for everything except the epilogue. Haha AMG Never do the epilogue on Chaos. It was the worst decision we ever made.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:56 pm
xX_Terei_Xx

That does sound pretty crazy!
I'm not sure how many it's supposed to be; I think I put about twenty hours into it before getting bored. ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:35 pm
Joseph Severn
Tell me a little more about your person and place; feel free to try coming up with an aspect for either or both of them..
thanks for the spelling, I honestly didn't notice sweatdrop

the person and place will be tied into my character's history. which you will see in the morning. as for aspect I will think of something.

the rest I will also answer in the morning, whether though history or actual answer.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:18 pm
Alrighty then! I look forward to it. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:09 pm
Joseph Severn
Alrighty then! I look forward to it. :3

a little late....

Much of my character ties in to each other much like the issues. And no she isn’t lonely by choice but it’s more of an adaptation to her old lifestyle. Words tend to fail me, so when I came to ‘trouble’ I didn’t know how to say what I wanted to say. Ice queen to me means frozen heart which isn’t quite true. she's more distant than cold hearted.

history; She started out in the slums and almost ended in the slums. Due to a less than nurturing family she looked for another and sadly found it. Being one of many street urchins she stole; sometimes because she needed food and other times for sport and fun. Being rather gifted she quickly became known well enough to have work come to her when she was a teenager.

When she got older she was approached by Blacksuns and they hired her full time to help them out. She just never told them she was still accepting work from others. Until that point she had not been involved with the more professional side of crime and the next four years were perhaps the worst years of her life. All her old friends, which she had fallen out of touch with, had by that time also been involved in one of the three rival gangs to some extent.

Innocence was lost over those four years as the turf war seemed to drag on and people started dying. She learned to keep people, even old friends, at an arm length away. It was only because of her strong will that she survived but the cost was closing herself off from the world at large.

When the Blacksun gang was close to winning the long turf was they had a long string of bad luck, which was caused by her for the most part. She had finally had enough, she killed Alonzo’s second in command who ordered her to kill one of her last few friends who was blamed for selling information. In fact it was her that sold the information and she couldn't live with herself if someone else got blamed. so she walked out of the gang leaving a trail of corpses and wearing the second in command’s cloak.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:31 pm
Sorry, I'm kinda multitasking today.

Hmm, I see....so maybe "An Island Unto Herself" or "Alone in a Crowd"?

History looks interesting, some hooks there and things to bring in for later, all checks out as far as I'm concerned. ^^  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff