Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
The Magical Menagerie ~ NPC Owned ~ For Sale Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:50 pm
Miss GryffindorK

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Yet to start his first year
Wearing: casual clothing

Seriously, Mum?

David sighed as his Mom made her offer, parsimonious as ever but still trying to appear kind, and wandered away from her as she talked to the shopkeeper. His mother in many ways scared him and he figured he probably should apologize to the girl for his mother. He wondered what house she was in. Then he wondered what house he was going to be in. He really hoped not Slytherin like so many of his family.

Walking up to Lyre as she browsed the pets he glanced up from his book on human anatomy and said simply and quietly, "Sorry about my Mum."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:20 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I Hope You Dance

Lyre squeaked rather loudly when the boy walked up behind her and spoke. Why the heck was he apologizing? Particularly on his mother's behalf? "Um... it's fine... I think? She was just trying to be kind. I would do the same, had situations been reversed." She gave a nervous smile, not really sure what else to do or say. He had a book on human anatomy, but the violet eyed girl was unsure if that made him interesting... or creepy. Oh well. She had been taught to be kind to everyone, regardless the circumstances.

mc2

{OoC:}

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances but they're worth takin'
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth makin'
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to sellin' out reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:43 am
Miss GryffindorK

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

Seriously, Mum?

David let out a short laugh, "She always does something for some alliterative motive from what I can tell if it isn't family. She is kind but not for no reason. I mean she probably just wanted to win me points with the upperclassmen or something. She believes in the importance of networking and what not."

He shrugged. "Anyways... what house are you in? This will be my first year."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:38 am
User Image
User Image
User Image

I Hope You Dance

Lyre awkwardly chuckled along, eyes showing her inner curiosity. He explained that the woman simply wanted to "network," which seemed weird. Why associate with her? Lyre was a muggleborn... with almost no connections. Had the woman tried to buy friendship for her son? Because that was really creepy. At David's question of house, Lyre spoke. "Erm... Ravenclaw. I'll be a fourth year this term. Wh-what house are you hoping for?" She blinked, waiting for an answer from the younger, yet taller boy. She really needed to grow a few inches.

mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:16 pm
Miss GryffindorK

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

Seriously, Mum?

David glanced away and laughed, "Well, I am hoping for Ravenclaw too, but most of my family that has gone to Hogwarts has been Slytherin. Mum is hoping I get Slytherin but..." He shrugged as he trailed off. "I think Dad was hoping that I wouldn't be a wizard at all. He just wants to live an ordinary muggle life and forget everything about the wizarding world."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:48 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

I Hope You Dance

Lyre nodded politely as David spoke, not wanting to seem rude. "Ravenclaw is a nice house. We won the House Cup last year, and the... um... sports one too." She gave a light shrug, then blinked when he mentioned that his dad didn't want him to be magical. "At least they know how to deal with magic. My poor Mummy and Dad were so confused! They still are, of course. They have not one, but two magical children. Then again, I'm still not sure what to do with myself about it." She gave a light, almost timid giggle, then bit her lower lip.

mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:34 pm
Miss GryffindorK

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

Seriously, Mum?

"Oh so your Muggleborn, then? Mom actually took muggle studies back when she was in school and I go to muggle school right now. Dad is a squib... from a pureblood family... that went over like a lead balloon," David said with a short sigh. "I actually can't blame him for wanting to forget about the wizarding world."

"Anyways, congratulations to your house for winning the House Cup and the Quidditch Cup, both are considered a big deal," David said with a smile. "Then again I think the House Cup is a much bigger deal."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:17 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

I Hope You Dance

Lyre nodded at David's motion of her being muggleborn. He mentioned his mom taking muggle classes, causing her to sigh. "Those classes are good, yes, but I honestly miss studying maths, science, and reading. They don't teach those at Hogwarts." She blinked at his sigh, a look of slight confusion passing her eyes. Red hair bounced lightly as the girl nodded in agreement. "I agree, the House Cup is won for academic achievement and good behavior. The Quidditch cup is won for a group of... what's it, seven people being able to work together for long enough for one of them to catch the little ball... thing." She shook her head forlornly, slightly annoyed by the exclusive, and seemingly deadly, sport.

mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:00 pm
Miss GryffindorK

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

Ah, someone else who doesn't like that stupid sport!

"Snitch?" David said with a smile. "I actually hate the game myself. It is just asking for injuries. When I am a healer I want to heal people for ailments that aren't afflicted by some idiotic sport."

"Anyways, aren't there a lot of cool classes to chose from though beyond maths, science, and reading at Hogwarts, though? Classes like healing. Mum mentions charms a lot because that was her favorite class. But arthimancy and transfiguration has math in it. And there is a science to magic. And you should have plenty of reading with your classes, right? It is all how you look at it, I think."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:18 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

I Hope You Dance

Lyre nodded and blushed a bit when he called the Snitch by it's name. She really didn't pay the sport much mind, though she went to a few games to watch Xavier. "Yes, yes. There are a lot of topics on a lot of subjects. Now, if you don't mind, I have to be getting off. Mummy should be here soon, and I have to be timely. Good day!" She waved politely, then walked to the door, before stopping to wave at the women. They both seemed nice, so Lyre did the same, in niceties. The girl pushed the door open, then headed off toward the entrance to the Alley.

{Exit}

mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:00 am
Miss GryffindorK
Cara MiaKitty

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

And Mum's affection can still come off a bit scary. Are all Slytherins like this or just her?

David felt bad for making her blush the only reason he probably knew was that his mom was a witch and his grandparents were all witches or wizards-as were his aunts, uncles, and cousins-he was bound to pick it up being around them on the occasional holiday his mother talked his father into taking them to see the rest of the family. He smiled as she left and held up a hand and said, "It was nice talking to you. Hope you find your mum soon."

After she left he walked over to the counter where his mother talked and said, "Can I go to Flourish and Blotts to pick up my school books and maybe a few extra books? We could meet up in like two hours at the ice cream shop or something. It shouldn't be too busy there."

Cara glanced down with a small frown and said, "One hour." She then pulled out of her purse a small bag full of Galleons, Sickles, and a few Knuts that clinked in her son's hand. "One hour exactly, okay? Or I'll think something happened to you and I'll have to hunt them down."

David raised a brow, before letting out a sigh, "Yeah, yeah, that's why I have a watch. See you later Mum."

Smiling she kissed her son on the forehead and returned to the blonde shop owner, Siobhan, and said, "About my husband's cats..."

{David EXIT to Flourish and Blotts}  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:45 pm
User Image
Siobhan is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Lovely at my Shopspace
CURRENTLY // in mourning // single // crushing // loving spaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Lyrespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'New Summer term... should be plenty of children here for their pets.' spacespac
'Now says, says I, to a passerby,
Who's the maid with the sun-colored hair?
He smiles at me, and with pride says he...'

═════════════════════════════════

Siobhan grinned at her rather elegant customer, shaking her head lightly. "Most shopkeepers, I believe, are living purely off the money they make with that shop, so I suppose they would be less inclined to make allowances. But I live with a large family, all of whom are contributing to our household, on top of a fairly substantial family account. I mostly took over the shop so I had something to do." It wasn't entirely true, she'd bought it when she'd not known what else she could do for her family. Honestly, she'd been expecting to have to move into the upstairs flats. But, luckily, Aedan, Ciaran, Fay and Andi had all moved back to the family estate and made it unnecessary. She'd not wanted to uproot her family, and she hadn't had to. Now she kept the shop open so that, yes, she had something to do, but also because she couldn't bear the idea of it sitting empty, with no one to sell pets to all the students. The woman's tone had been somewhat offensive to Siobhan; after all, as she'd said, most people who owned shops in Diagon Alley made their livelihood in that store. They could hardly be blamed for requiring that all dues be paid in full when those dues made the difference between making ends meet and having to choose which bill to let go unpaid.

The Irishwoman was more than happy to drop the subject of money, and thought long and hard about the woman's cat problem. She got a bit distracted by the two students' conversation, but was pulled back when the two left and the boy's mother was left, giving her a somewhat expectant look. Siobhan flushed slightly.
                                                          "Sorry about that. My son seemed a bit put out about his house not winning the Cups this year, seems like it was something of a close call between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw... although I think the young lady is a bit wrong in her assessment of what earned the House Cup for her house. According to Jarlath, the outcome of their last Quidditch game decided both." Siobhan, having been on her own Quidditch team, was aware of the fact that the points earned in the game were added to the total earned towards the House Cup. Perhaps the young lady wasn't... and perhaps that was a good thing, if she thought Quidditch was as awful as she seemed to. Siobhan forced her mind back to the question at hand, her lips pursing thoughtfully. "My experience is generally that it's hard to change a cat's mind about anything. Particularly cats known to be bred for nobility, such as Rex Devons... that is what you said he owned, right? I'm not entirely sure there's much you can do... aside from trying to make them more familiar with one another, which might not make them like one another, but at least would teach them to be a little less hostile. You'll have to monitor them, of course, to ensure that they don't fight... and it might be a lost cause. Some cats just... don't like anyone or anything. My mother's cat was like that, a spiteful old Siamese. She utterly despised my owl, and there was nothing I could do about it." It hadn't been from lack of trying; Siobhan had done everything she could think of to get those two to get along, to no avail. "The cat beds are over towards the back, where the cats are kept. You could look them over to see if there's one you like, or we have a catalog to special order ones that aren't popular enough to go in our shop inventory." Mostly the beds in the catalog were all rather on the expensive side, and she had a feeling that the woman would prefer one of those... if she cared to buy a nice bed for her husband's cats. Siobhan couldn't tell if the woman was fond of them or not, so she had no way of knowing for sure.

'That's the gem of all Ireland's crown.
                                                          Sweet Rosie McCann, from the banks of the Bann,
                                                          She's the Star of the County Down.'

(( OOC: ))
Sorry it took so long to reply, I got busy with Ball stuff and Summer Plots! >.<

mc2

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:18 am
User Image

Cara Jane League
[Former Slytherin wife of Dr. Sinclair Alfred-Jon League]

Wand: Springy and Decorated Shaft//9 inches//Elm//Fairy Hair
Wearing: Striking as Always, this time in Red and Black

"I think it isn't that the cats are necessarily spiteful, though they are used to being the rulers of the home, it is they just think entirely too much like my husband. My husband and those two cats have their own way of communication I think... I mean he always seems to know when I use magic to clean the house," She paused and laughed, "not that I particularly care. My husband just is in denial about the wizarding world. Hard to do but he tries. Got to admire his hardheaded attitude, actually."

"Anyways, my husband doesn't like the owl and neither does the cats so I was hoping to at least warm the cats to the owl and then maybe warm my husband to the idea," sighed Cara. "Guess it is a hopeless cause. Well, at least my son will be bringing the owl with him to Hogwarts next year. I really hope he gets my house... You said your son was a Hufflepuff?" Cara ended with a question. She planned to look at the beds in a minute, but she really was concerned by the cats hatred for her son's owl.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:07 pm
User Image

Caty woke up from her nap, a bit confused as to where the heck she was. After a few minutes of looking around, she figured that she was helping someone at work. The girl peeked out of the office and looked around, spying her aunt talking to a fancy lady. Caty skipped over, then wrapped her arms around Siobhan's leg. "Hi Auntie! Hi Auntie's frwind!" Her bright eyes showed that she was already full of way too much energy. She released her aunt, then looked up at the other lady, pale green eyes wide with curiosity. "Hiya! I'm Caty! I'm hewpin' my auntie!" The toddler didn't notice her lightly messy hair, or that her clothes were a bit rumpled. She just knew she got to help out, and in exchange, play with all the animals!

{Wearing}
{OoC: #00C5CD}

User Image

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:36 pm
User Image
Siobhan is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Lovely at my Shopspace
CURRENTLY // in mourning // single // crushing // loving spaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Lyrespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'New Summer term... should be plenty of children here for their pets.' spacespac
'Now says, says I, to a passerby,
Who's the maid with the sun-colored hair?
He smiles at me, and with pride says he...'

Siobhan pursed her lips, her eyes sympathetic. "That seems like an odd situation. I can't imagine. My husband was the lazy one in our family; he used magic for everything. I can't imagine being married to someone who wanted to act like it didn't exist." Siobhan had to wonder how exactly this particular pair had ended up married, if he were so against magic. But then, perhaps they'd been an arranged marriage, like Siobhan's had been. She seemed like she might come from an older family; her bearing certainly spoke of breeding. Still, to be married to a man who outright ignored magic... that must get frustrating at times.

Siobhan was about to answer her question about Jarlath when Caty, looking a bit disheveled from her nap, toddled into the room. She watched in amusement as her niece greeted the customer. She leaned down, picky Caty up and setting her gently on the counter.
                                                          "How was your nap, iníon dearthár? Feeling energized? Ready to help customers? I bet that you could help this nice lady pick out a bed for her husband's kitties, couldn't you?" She handed Caty the catalog, knowing the girl would immediately start flipping through the book to find one. She watched the child for a second, and then turned back to the woman. "What was the... ah, yes, about Jarlath. He was sorted into Hufflepuff, just like his father, and... well, all of his family, actually. Davin would be so proud of him. It's strange sometimes, being the only lion in a house full of Badgers." Siobhan always wondered if any of her children would end up being sorted into a different house. Jarlath had always wanted to be in Hufflepuff, like his father, but she wondered... would Devin or Prudence follow her into Gryffindor? Or even go to another house? It was strange, sometimes, to realize just how outnumbered she was.

'That's the gem of all Ireland's crown.
                                                          Sweet Rosie McCann, from the banks of the Bann,
                                                          She's the Star of the County Down.'

(( OOC: ))
Sorry it took so long to reply, I got busy with Ball stuff and Summer Plots! >.<

mc2

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces