Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
The Magical Menagerie ~ NPC Owned ~ For Sale Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:01 pm
User Image
Siobhan is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Lovely at my Shopspace
CURRENTLY // in mourning // single // crushing // loving spaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Prudencespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, I'm so proud of Jar, getting into his da's house and planning on trying out for Quidditch!' spacespac
'Now says, says I, to a passerby,
Who's the maid with the sun-colored hair?
He smiles at me, and with pride says he...'

═════════════════════════════════

Siobhan nodded and reached a hand out to scratch the pup behind the ears. "Most likely. Having a big, open field to run around in will be much more exhausting than anything he can do upstairs." She pulled out her wand and went to retrieve and elegant little black collar for the newly-named Sam, giving it a little flick so that the name would engrave itself, along with their home address and Faylinn's name, so that if he managed to find his way off the property, he could be returned. She handed the collar to Fay, smiling. "I think you're quite right; Sam does seem to suit the little fellow. And, of course, we can just charm the collar to grow as he does, so we don't have to replace it. Saves money and trouble, I think." She approached the register at the front of the store. She tapped her fingers on the counter, trying to remember the discount she'd applied to herself when buying her own pets. It was a family discount she was intending to apply to the family of all the employees she was hoping to hire soon. What was it... 20%? Somewhere around there... a couple quick calculations and she dropped the price down from 24 Galleons and 14 Sickles to 19 even. She also took a moment to praise the fact that she was the owner and could do that. "It'll be 19 Galleons, even. No need to worry about bedding and such; we've got plenty already at the house in storage." Most of it was Davin's... her late husband's dog Kian had passed away not long after his master. The dog's death had hit Siobhan hard; it'd been like losing Davin all over again to her. She brushed the thought away, unwilling to let it encroach on her good mood. Kian had been one of the key factors holding Siobhan back in regards to buying a new dog... but maybe it was time.

'That's the gem of all Ireland's crown.
                                                          Sweet Rosie McCann, from the banks of the Bann,
                                                          She's the Star of the County Down.'

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:40 pm
User Image

Fay Lowery

User Image

Former Hufflepuff
Single
Magical Menagerie Shop
Hat of the Day

Fay smiled as she watched Siobhan scratch Sam behind the ears. She was glad to hear that the woman thought Sam would wear some of his boundless energy out by romping around in the fields. Her eyes watched as the collar was retrieved and the tag engraved. "That sounds like a good plan to me," She agreed about Siobhan's thoughts on the collar. Fay followed her to the counter with Sam in her arms still. The pup seemed content for the moment to just remain in her arms, although at times he did wiggle. He did so once when she had passed some of the edible supplies in the shop. He must have gotten a whiff of the food. It was good that he had a decent nose, she supposed. Her attention returned to Siobhan when the woman had calculated the cost. Fay smiled and shifted Sam under her left arm as she held him and counted her gallons out from her purse. "Thank you so much for all your help Siobhan. " She shifted Sam back in her arms again as he began to wiggle once more.

Digital Static

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:17 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY WITH // Prudencespacesp
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, I'm so proud of Jar, getting into his da's house and planning on trying out for Quidditch!' spacespac

Siobhan smiled as she took the gold coins from Fay, dropping them in the till and then glancing to the side. "Are you apparating home now, or will you be out with him for a bit? I didn't even think of a leash. Completely slipped my mind." The memory of Gavin's pet had distracted her, she thought. She really needed to stop thinking about it while she was at work. Once she was home... that was another story. She sighed, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Let me get you one..." She went to the aisle with the leashes and things, choosing to grab the items by hand rather than summon them so she had a moment to collect herself. She took a couple deep breathes while she grabbed the black leash that matched the collar, the smile back on her face when she returned and handed it to Fay. "No charge on that, either. Family discount." Siobhan supposed she was being a bit free with the discount and such, but she owned the shop; she had the right to. Besides, it wasn't like she was losing scads of money. The shop was doing pretty well, actually, and with her shop, Ciaran's, and the patent pending on Aedan's brooms, the Lowery family was doing rather well for themselves. Having the majority of the family living all on the estate was proving quite beneficial for them. Whereas before, Siobhan had been afraid of having to sell the old family estate, or give it to Aedan and Ciaran, and move herself and her kids out. But with the boys help, and Fay and Andi's, things were running very swimmingly... perhaps even better than before Gavin had passed away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:15 pm
User Image

Fay Lowery

User Image

Former Hufflepuff
Single
Magical Menagerie Shop
Hat of the Day

Fay was actually planning on heading back home with the pup considering she assumed she needed to get to know the rascal and train some manners before taking him in the wider public sphere. Before she could reply, however, Siobhan had walked back along the aisle to fetch a leash. When she returned with the leash she told her that it was no charge as well. "Are you sure?" It was her shop and she could do what she wanted. Fay was grateful for her generosity, but she hoped Siobhan wasn't being too generous. She could pay for the leash after all and would if asked.

Digital Static

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:54 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I Hope You Dance

Lyre stepped into the small shop, looking around a bit. Her mum and dad had given her a bit of extra money so she could get a pet owl. It was hard to keep in touch using only the school's birds, which all seemed temperamental. The sound of a few coins rattling in her small handbag could be heard, along with quiet footsteps.

"Erm... hello?

{OoC:}

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances but they're worth takin'
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth makin'
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to sellin' out reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:09 am
User Image
CURRENTLY WITH // Lyrespacesp
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'New Summer term... should be plenty of children here for their pets.' spacespac

Siobhan heard the sound of her door opening and came out into the main store, offering a smile to the young lady she found standing in the shop. She'd been doing a bit of inventory in the back room. Things had been slow. But, it was the start of Summer. Soon enough, kids would flocking into the shop for their pets to take away to school... or so she hoped. She approached the young lady, who seemed a bit nervous, and gave a gentle smile. "Hello there, dear. How can I help you today?" The young lady didn't seem quite young enough to be a first year, but then, some kids didn't get pets until they met a certain expectation, or until their parents thought they were old enough to be responsible for them. Maybe that was the case here? Or maybe she simply hadn't wanted one until now? Siobhan hadn't been able to get hers fast enough when she'd started her first year. She smiled fondly at the memory of her first owl, a rather sweet little thing she'd inexplicably named Hoots. She hadn't been a very imaginative child, it seemed.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:34 am
User Image
User Image
User Image

I Hope You Dance

Lyre looked up at the woman who had walked out. She seemed nice enough, a very maternal sort of woman. "Hello, Miss. I-I'm looking for an owl. This will be my fourth year at Hogwarts, and... I've decided my family needs an owl. I have a kitty already, but... I need to be able to keep touch with my Mummy and Dad. D-do you think you could help me with that?" She offered a soft smile, her eyes showing her happiness to be here. She was kind of sad her Loki was at home, but was happy that she was also home. She had missed her family (and part of her school year) due to falling into a mysterious coma. It had certainly been an interesting year, to say the least.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:59 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'New Summer term... should be plenty of children here for their pets.' spacespac

Siobhan offered the young lady a kind smile, noting that, for some reason, she seemed to be quite nervous. She gestured towards one of the shop walls, which was home to a large enclosure for the owls. She walked over to it, and leaned against the intercepting wall. "What sort of owl do you want, dear? Any ideas? We've got all sorts. Snowy owls, Eagle owls... They're all very nice birds." Siobhan noticed one of the owls, a rather friendly little owl, who had flown over to where she was standing, and started hooting at her. She gave a small chuckle and pulled a pouch from her pocket. She dug around in it and handed the owl a small treat, and he hooted happily, nipping her fingers gently before taking the treat from her.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:17 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

I Hope You Dance

Lyre had to think hard when posed with the question of what sort of owl she wanted. She followed the woman to an area with a lot of owls, still pondering. Violet eyes widened when a tiny little owl flew over to get a treat. "Aww! Look at this little guy! Oh, can I have him, please?!" The redhead gave the woman a pleading look, and obvious desire to own the tiny bird. "A-and, I suppose I'll need to buy food and a cage and stuff, but that's okay, so long as I wait a bit longer to get Loki some extra treats. I don't think he'll mind though. Momma always has tuna in the cupboards!" She wagged a finger at the owl, then lightly rubbed his head. Hopefully the woman would agree, and Lyre could own the little darling.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:34 pm
User Image

Siobhan smiled. It seemed like the little owl had gotten smart; as soon as the young lady had walked in the shop, he'd flown for the bars, and was putting on his best cutie act. And, it seemed to have worked; the girl wanted to take him home. "Absolutely, dear. Let me pop in the back to get him for you." The Irishwoman disappeared through a door, and could then be seen stepping into the owl's display area from a door on the side, holding out her hand and calling for the small owl. Others flew towards and and hooted playfully, and she offered a few sweet words and pet the heads of those that drew close, but she shooed them off her when they landed on her shoulders and head and arms, waiting until the small owl her customer wanted was sitting on her hand. She carried him into the backroom, and put together a cage for the dear, working quickly and quietly. She reappeared in the main shop room after a couple of minutes. She walked to the front desk, gesturing for the young lady to join her. "Now, with the cage, and food, it'll be 15 Galleons and 12 Sickles." She set the cage on the counter and pulled out her wand, murmuring a quick summoning spell to grab some food for the young lady.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:51 am
User Image
User Image
User Image

I Hope You Dance

Lyre watched in amusement as the woman walked around to the back, then had to shoo off a flock of birds before she could escape. She walked to the counter, a cage in hand. She used a spell to make food fly over, which freaked the girl out. Somehow it was still weird to see magic, even though she'd spent three years learning it! At the mention of the price, violet eyes went wide. She bit her bottom lip nervously, then looked in her purse. She found a bunch of magical coins among the random pounds and pence. "Lets see... Galleons are gold, Sickles are silver, and I forgot the bronze ones!" She counted out fifteen Galleons, but could only find nine Sickles. "Oh no! I-I'm a bit short.. I am really sorry... I have a few pounds, if you'll accept?" She looked absolutely nervous that she would get in trouble. She had never encountered this problem, except once with her mum, when she offered to pay with her card. Hopefully this nice woman wouldn't be too horribly mad that Lyre was a bit short, and she would have to put something back, but what?! She needed the cage and food for the owl!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:25 am
User Image

Cara Jane League
[Former Slytherin wife of Dr. Sinclair Alfred-Jon League]

Wand: Springy and Decorated Shaft//9 inches//Elm//Fairy Hair
Wearing: Striking as Always, this time in Red and Black

I dare you to speak ill of my family and loved ones.

Cara entered the shop dragging her soon to be first year son, David Sinclair League, with her. "I figured we could pick up some new beds for the Rex Devons," purred Cara, referring to her husband's purebred cats. "Maybe he'll forgive us if we spoil his precious Tristan and Tara a little more."

"Aren't those two spoiled enough?" He said looking up from his book. "Anyways, why is Dad such a cat person anyways? He's always doting on them."

"They dote on him too. I'm almost jealous," she joked. When they entered she noticed a red haired girl asking if they would accept pounds because she was a bit short. The girl looked to be a Hogwarts student and Cara decided it never hurt to win points with older students for her son now. "Don't worry about it," She said approaching the counter. "How much is left? I'll take care of the conversion rate. I bounce around from the Muggle and Wizard World a lot so either currency works for me."

Miss GryffindorK

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:51 pm
User Image

Siobhan offered the girl a gentle, seeing how very flustered she was. While the former Gryffindor had never been the one to be short, coming from a fairly well-off family (her marriage had been sort of arranged, after all), she recalled several occasions where she'd had to cover for friends who were short a sickle or two. It could be very nerve-wracking, and incredibly embarrassing. She was about to tell the young lady not to worry about it when another woman entered with what Siobhan assumed was her son. She gave the woman a small smile and inclined her head, politely. "It's only three sickles, dear," she said, speaking to both but focusing on the young lady. "Don't worry about it. If my math is right, it equals out to less than a pound. Hardly enough to warrant converting coins or anything like that." She glanced at the woman. Honestly, Siobhan didn't see the point in worrying about the sickles. As she'd said, it should equal out to less than a single pound, which was hardly enough for either the girl or this woman to worry about paying. It wasn't as though she really, truly needed the money, after all. At least, not three sickles worth. She had a feeling she was cutting far more deals with customers than most would, but to her, it was just good business. Let them have something free, take a little off a price, something like that, and people remembered you for being kind and reasonable. And besides, Siobhan was hardly the sort to get fussy over a few measly coins.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:52 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

I Hope You Dance

Lyre glanced over as a very formal looking woman and boy walked in. They were talking about a "Devon Rex," which the intelligent young Ravenclaw knew was a very expensive, and rather ugly cat. They were generally hairless and wrinkly. She was quite glad her cat had long, fluffy hair, since she often cuddled the mischievous cat. When the woman came over and said she could help, the girl shied back a bit. Just as she was about to share, the woman who worked here chimed up. When she said it didn't matter, Lyre blinked. It was less than a pound? That was weird! She needed to do a bit more research on wizard money! "Thank you very, very much, Miss! I-I promise I'll try to pay you back next time I come in! A-and I surely will! Loki's going to need more food before summer ends!" A bright smile was on her face, the girl very, very happy she had chosen this shop. Now she just had to wait for her mom to pick her up, so she could go home and get back to studying, so she could make up for her few months in a coma. "If you don't mind, I'm going to look around at all the rest of the animals, since I have to wait for Mommy to come pick me up." She lifted her tiny owl, then set him in the little cage, before carefully closing the little door. She placed the little bag of food in her backpack, then grinned as she lifted the cage and began to walk around and look at all the animals.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:40 pm
User Image

Cara Jane League
[Former Slytherin wife of Dr. Sinclair Alfred-Jon League]

Wand: Springy and Decorated Shaft//9 inches//Elm//Fairy Hair
Wearing: Striking as Always, this time in Red and Black

I dare you to speak ill of my family and loved ones.

"That was very kind of you," said the former Slytherin with a smile as the girl wondered off to look at the rest of the shop. "I thought all shopkeepers believed that every sickle is always due. Or maybe I'm just prejudiced? I do try not to be. Regardless, I would like to pick up some new cat beds for my husband's cats and some basics for my son's owl that he got from his grandparents."

"Also, considering that you are a pet shop owner do you have any suggestions to make so the cats like the owl a bit more? They seem to hate the poor thing. Of course, so does my husband..." She laughed and rolled her eyes. "...cats do tend to think like their true owners, yes?"

Cara MiaKitty

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces