Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
The Magical Menagerie ~ NPC Owned ~ For Sale Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:39 pm
xxxxH E L L OxxxA N DxxxW E L C O M ExxxT O . . .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

The Magical Menagerie is a shop in North Side, Diagon Alley. It is very cramped and noisy with every inch of wall covered by cages. It sells all kinds of animals - poisonous orange snails, a giant jewel-encrusted tortoise, sleek black rats that are very intelligent, owls, ravens, cats of every colour, Puffskeins, a Transforming rabbit and much more.

The current owner, Siobhan Edgeworth, is looking to sell the shop and retire. Her only condition is that any prospective new owners allow her nephew Kenneth and his girlfriend to rent the flat upstairs from them, as she wouldn't want them to be forced out unexpectedly.

To become the owner of this shop, fill out an application here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:35 pm
xxxxA NI M A L SxxxA N DxxxP E TxxxS U P P L I E Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxA N I M A L SxxxF O RxxxP U R C H A S Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              xxxxx
                  COMMON PETS
                      ■ Owl: 8 Galleons
                      ■ Cat (Mixed Breed): 24 Galleons, 14 Sickles
                      ■ Cat (Purebred): 35 Galleons, 12 Sickles
                      ■ Cat (Pedigree): 53 Galleons, 9 Sickles
                      ■ Toad: 2 Galleons, 6 sickles
                      ■ Frog: 1 Galleon, 7 Sickles
                      ■ Half-Kneazle: 9 Galleons
                      ■ Mouse: 1 Galleon
                      ■ Rabbit: 4 Galleons
                      ■ Pygmy Puff: 3 Galleons, 7 Sickles
                      ■ Rat: 1 Galleon, 5 Sickles
                      ■ Goldfish: 5 Sickles, 1 Knut

MODERATE PETS
                      ■ Chipmunks: 4 Galleons, 15 Sickles
                      ■ Crow: 5 Galleons, 13 Sickles
                      ■ Dog (Mixed Breed)*: 24 Galleons, 14 Sickles
                      ■ Dog (Purebred)*: 35 Galleons, 12 Sickles
                      ■ Dog (Pedigree)*: 53 Galleons, 9 Sickles
                      ■ Ferret: 3 Galleons, 3 Sickles
                      ■ Finch: 4 Galleons, 11 Sickles
                      ■ Flying Squirrel: 7 Galleons, 16 Sickles
                      ■ Iguana: 7 Galleons, 11 Sickles
                      ■ Parrot: 7 Galleons
                      ■ Raven: 6 Galleons
                      ■ Robin: 5 Galleons, 2 Sickles
                      ■ Small Turtle: 4 Galleons, 8 Sickles
                      ■ Sparrow: 4 Galleons
                      ■ Squirrel: 4 Galleons, 13 Sickles

UNCOMMON PETS
                      ■ Bat: 4 Galleons
                      ■ Fox: 8 Galleons, 14 Sickles
                      ■ Dog (Mixed Breed)*: 24 Galleons, 14 Sickles
                      ■ Dog (Purebred)*: 35 Galleons, 12 Sickles
                      ■ Dog (Pedigree)*: 53 Galleons, 9 Sickles
                      ■ Snake (small): 8 Galleons, 15 Sickles
                      ■ Snake (large): 20 Galleons, 14 Sickles
                      ■ Spider: 2 Galleons, 13 Sickles

xxxS U P P L I E SxxxA N DxxxF O O Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              xxxxx
                  SUPPLIES
                      ■ Collars (SM - XXL): 2 Galleons, 5 Sickles
                      ■ Leashes (Short - Long): 2 Galleons, 13 Sickles
                      ■ Feeding Dishes (SM - L): 3 Galleons
                      ■ Cages (XS - XXL): 3 Galleons, 12 Sickles
                      ■ Beds (SM - L): 4 Galleons, 4 Sickles

FOOD
                      ■ Food (Small): 4 Galleons
                      ■ Food (Medium): 3 Galleons, 15 Sickles
                      ■ Food (Large): 3 Galleons
                      ■ Rodent Tonic: 4 Galleons
                      ■ Bird Tonic: 5 Galleons
                      ■ Reptile Tonic: 4 Galleons, 8 Sickles
                      ■ General Tonic: 3 Galleons, 7 Sickles
                      ■ Sleep Elixir: 2 Galleons, 16 Sickles

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:22 pm
xxxxC U R R E N TxxxS T A F Fxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NPC Owner Siobhan Edgeworth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:46 pm
User ImageUser Image

Prudence loved helping her mommy out in the store. She also loved most of the animals she was a bit afrade of the dogs. She could not really tell the differences between dogs and werewolves. "Mommy I can bring a pet to Hogwarts right?" She asked wanting to bring her baby piglet to the school.

{OoC:}

Xistund

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:50 pm
User Image
Siobhan is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Lovely at my Shopspace
CURRENTLY // in mourning // single // crushing // loving spaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Prudencespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, I'm so proud of Jar, getting into his da's house and planning on trying out for Quidditch!' spacespac
'Now says, says I, to a passerby,
Who's the maid with the sun-colored hair?
He smiles at me, and with pride says he...'

═════════════════════════════════

Siobhan smiled as she walked through the front door of her shop and turned the sign around showing that they were open. She took a deep breath, smiling. It sort of smelled odd in the shop, of course, given that it was home to countless animals and such, but it still felt so nice to be standing there. She owned this shop; it was hers. This shop, in addition to Ciarans, would provide the income for her family. She glanced down at her daughter, sweet little Prudence. At the girl's question, she frowned. She didn't know if the Piglet would be allowed to go to school, at least not Pru's first year. She was almost certain that there were restrictions on first year students. "You can take a pet; but I think that Dragon will have to stay home with Mommy first year. We'll see, though. And if he does have to stay, you can take one of Mommy's pets to keep you company." Not that Pru needed to worry about it; she'd surely make plenty of friends. She wouldn't really need Dragon to keep her company. Still, having a pet always made a person feel at home, Siobhan thought.

'That's the gem of all Ireland's crown.
                                                          Sweet Rosie McCann, from the banks of the Bann,
                                                          She's the Star of the County Down.'

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:42 pm
User ImageUser Image

Prudence nodded a little thinking of what pet she'd bring. She was a bit worried about being alone at Hogwarts and she fidgeted with her long hair. What if she did not get into the same house as her brother? What if no one liked her?.She had a bit of a worried look on her face.

Xistund

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:56 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, I'm so proud of Jar, getting into his da's house and planning on trying out for Quidditch!' spacespac

Siobhan saw the look on her daughter's face, and gave her a reassuring smile and patted her on the head. She was sure that Pru was worrying about school. About making friends and fitting in. It was what all kids worried about. It was totally normal. She gestured towards the animals. "You could always pick out a new one. Although I'd wait until you were about to go to school instead of getting one now." She hoped that Pru picked out a kitten, or an owl. Siobhan firmly believed that you could never have enough cats. And if Pru picked an owl, they could train it to be more of a companion, and then her daughter could send her letters without having to borrow one of the school owls, and her brother could use it as well, since he'd chosen a cat.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:43 pm
User ImageUser Image

Prudence smiled "Ok I'll try to think of what I want then." She said and then quickly asked "Can I help you feed the animals?" she asked looking at the Pygmy Puff wanting to pet the pink and purple puff balls

Xistund

Digital Static

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:50 am
User Image

Fay Lowery

User Image

Former Hufflepuff
Single
Magical Menagerie Shop
Hat of the Day

A red headed witch pushed open the door to the shop, releasing the sounds of various birds and other animals to the streets before the door closed shut once more. Faylinn looked around the shop with her brown eyes at the animals inside. She didn't see anyone else in the shop yet and so she decided to look at the animals inside. The owls were always intriguing, capable of transporting messages to other witch's and wizards. Fay had never had one of her own, but had used her father's on occasion when she was little. When she went to school she had a rat, herself, which of course did not live as long as some of the other animals. However, she felt she wanted to get a dog this time. Not a typical animal for a witch to choose, but she wanted to train it to chase garden gnomes and other beasts out of the gardens.

As she slowly walked along the rows and aisle of animals and the various accessories Fay wondered if the Magical Menagerie shop had dogs. She had never asked Siobhan or any of her cousins before. She simply figured where else better to go? Perhaps if she didn't have any available she would know where to get one and which would be best for her.The more she thought about it the more she got excited. She didn't know what she would call it or what it would look like.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:02 pm
User Image

Siobhan smiled when she heard someone enter the shop, the expression brightening further when she saw that it was Faylinn. She stepped out from behind the counter, approaching the younger woman with a smile. "Afternoon, Fay, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Thus far, since opening her shop, Siobhan had yet to see any of her family come in, with the obvious exception of Prudence, who came with her. She leaned against the counter, curious. Was this a social visit, or was Fay looking to adopt a furry friend? Or feathery, of course. Siobhan was firmly of the belief that one could never have enough pets; it was part of why she loved running the shop. There were problems with keeping everything cleaned up, but really, it was a small price to pay.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Digital Static

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:13 pm
User Image

Fay Lowery

User Image

Former Hufflepuff
Single
Magical Menagerie Shop
Hat of the Day

Spotting Siobhan come out behind the counter Fay smiled and walked towards her. "Good afternoon Siobhan. Well, I was actually wondering if you had any puppies" she side stepped a basket of fluff balls before stopping. Fay was glad that Siobhan seemed happy, or at least she was putting a good show for the store. "By the way, have you heard anything from Jar? Is he enjoying school?" She asked as a side note. As Fay recalled, she hadn't heard how Jar got off after he left for school. She remembered her school days. It was an exciting time for any witch and wizard. Siobhan must be proud of him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:31 pm
User Image

Siobhan smiled widely. Puppies? What a wonderful thought. She nodded happily and gestured towards the back of the store, where there were various puppies on display. "They're all back there, poor dears. Since I don't use the apartment above the shop I've got it set up for them to stay in when the shop's closed, but when we're open, well," she tsked. She hated having to put them all in cages, but they had to be displayed for the prospective owners. "Go ahead and look them over, if you want to play with any of them there's a small area in the back for it." Siobhan followed the younger woman, a smile on her face. "Jarlath's doing quite well, he was sorted into Hufflepuff, of course, just like his father. And he tried out for Quidditch, and was put on the team as a reserve Keeper. We're hoping that next year he makes the team outright so he can put the broom Aedan's making him to good use." Siobhan was very proud of her son, o course, and thrilled that he was liking school. She felt rather odd with him not being home. And, without him to keep his sister occupied, little Pru was constantly clinging to her mother, which was sweet, but time consuming. Siobhan was rather looking forward to her uncles bringing their new little ones home so that the girl would have someone to play with.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Digital Static

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:52 pm
User Image

Fay Lowery

User Image

Former Hufflepuff
Single
Magical Menagerie Shop
Hat of the Day

Fay walked with Siobhan to the cages where the puppies were. As they got closer the noise level seemed to raise. No doubt to the fact that the puppies spotted them approaching. Fay understood how Siobhan felt about the puppies confinement. It was like keeping a Screechsnap in a pot forever. They needed room to grow. "Well one lucky pup is going to have a lot of space to run around in back home." She smiled as she cooed at one of the puppies who was trying to lick her fingers through the bars. She looked back at Siobhan when she gave the update about Jar. "Oh that's wonderful! I'm sure with all the practice he'll get in during his vacation time back home he'll definitely make the team next year and he's lucky to have an uncle who's a broom maker."She, herself, had never been good at flying well enough to play Quidditch. In fact, if she were to grade her performance on a broom it was a down right embarrassing thing to witness. What with the majority of the rest of the family being very adept at the task. Fay smiled at the puppy that had previously licked at her fingers and was now stretching its little paw out at her as if trying to pull her hand back. She wasn't sure if it was a certain breed or not or if it was a mix with its brownish red and white speckled body. "What do you think of this little one? Do you think he's up to the task of helping me with the garden pests?" She reached in to pick the puppy up and cradle him in her arms as his tail beat against her side and his tongue licked at her chin. Fay chuckled, which some how seemed to only intensify the dog's need to lick at her face.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:28 pm
User Image

Siobhan grinned at Fay's comment on bringing one of the dogs home to their estate. It was certainly spacious; she would admit, she'd considered on more than one occasion simply taking the lot of them home each night... if it wouldn't be such a bother, she would. But, the upstairs flat had been cleared of its clutter and was a perfectly nice home now. The dogs had a bit of space to roam and play in. Certainly more than they would have otherwise. The cats got to hang out up in the attic; a careful spell placed on the door so they didn't find themselves downstairs with the dogs. "I'm sure any one of them would love it; it's not like we don't have enough of them running about. But, a few more never hurt. I've been thinking about bringing one of them home myself." Siobhan stood, a hip out, her hand on it. She watched Fay look over the pups, wondering which would would catch the woman's eye. "I think he'll do rather well. A bit surprised he wanted to be a Keeper, with Aedan having been a Chaser. That's where he got the bug from, I think. But, then, I played Quidditch as well, so maybe I'm not giving myself enough credit." Siobhan smiled when Fay made her selection. The pup she'd picked out was a lively little thing, a sweetheart. He'd be a wonderful garden dog... if she could get him to control his excessive energy. But then, perhaps he'd calm down a bit as he got older. You never knew. "I think he will do marvelously. He's a sweet little pup, a bit energetic, but you could train him easily enough. He's a mutt, they tend to live longer and can be easier to manage at times, though I've no idea why. Care to pick out a collar and tag and get it engraved as well? No charge." Siobhan had started giving the tags and engravings free with purchases to convince those who would rather not bother to go ahead and get them made. She hated to see some poor pup wandering around lost with no way of finding its way home.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Digital Static

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:12 pm
User Image

Fay Lowery

User Image

Former Hufflepuff
Single
Magical Menagerie Shop
Hat of the Day

Fay found it interesting that Jar had been influenced by Aedan when it came to the position on the team he tried out for. She smiled when Siobhan remarked about not giving herself enough credit when it came to Jar's Quidditch abilities also. "Well it's true that children take after their parents." She offered with a smile. She had only ever seen Siobhan on the family field playing with the others and from what she had seen she was good. Fay smiled again as Siobhan expressed how she felt about the puppy she held in her arms. "Energetic, huh? Well hopefully he'll calm down a bit after he runs some of that off?" She knew she wasn't as good with animals as Siobhan, but she figured training a pup wasn't necessarily beyond her, especially with Siobhan to tell her when she's fouling it up. "Oh, are you sure?" She held the puppy out a little to have a look at him. "He looks like a Sam to me. Don't you think?" The puppy gave a yip before she pulled him close to her again so he wasn't dangling. "And dashing in a black collar." So it seemed her decision was made. She hoped the other animals back at the house weren't too mean to him. Or maybe it was Sam she should be worried about being too much for the other animals. The only critters she wanted him to be trouble to were the pesky ones eating and disturbing the gardens. He had a lot to learn, but then again, she supposed he also had a thing or two to teach her too.

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff