Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Bunyip - A one-shot by Rain Yupa - In Progress! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:43 pm
The players:

1.) Kuro_nee-chan (Red Orange Indigo) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Kuro's inventory:: Bar Hairclip, glasses, soda, medium sized striped blanket
2.) xX_Terei_Xx (Indigo Teal Indigo) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Terei's Inventory: None

3.) Seph Baelzara (Blue Green Red)
4.) KytanaTheThief (Yellow Green Red) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Kyt's Inventory: I don't carry jack s**t on me when I'm at home, so nada lol. Why couldn't you have posted this while I was at work? ;p
5.) Paidi tou Selini (Red Blue Violet) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Lilly's Inventory: Old Asus Notebook Computer /w Power Cable, Small Grey "In-Ear" Headphones, Hand-Made Guatemalan Fleece Blanket
6.) InuVash255 (Red Blue Chartreuse) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Vash's Inventory: Red-colored Towel, Glasses, Black Nintendo 3DS, 3DS Charger (USA Wall Plug), Reversible Black-Brown Leather Belt, Leather Wallet ($8.65 cash, plus ID, and many plastic cards), Cheap pay-as-you-go Flip-phone
7.) Rain Yupa (Yellow Yellow Yellow) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Rain's Inventory: Cell Phone, Car Keys (rental, for story purposes), Watch, Glasses, Fez.

The dice mechanic:

2d6. Easy tasks need a 4+. Medium tasks need a 7+. Difficult tasks need a 10+.

The rules:

You start the game drawing a card. This explains who you are. Everything else besides the Bunyip and the Angel are a lie! Do not trust the card. It will guide you down a false path... that is, if you trust me.

I control the environment and any NPCs.

You have exactly what information I give you as a GM. Do not assume anything else.

Killing each other is a Easy task if you catch someone by surprise, Medium normally, Difficult if they have advantage over you. If you fight each other, it is a contested roll, but must still beat a Medium difficulty - the higher one wins. Instead of killing someone, you can opt to knock them out for a short while. Certain things may modify these difficulties and/or your rolls. I'll say something if that's the case.

Killing the Bunyip is a Difficult task. The Bunyip kills you as an Easy task... if you're lucky. Once the Bunyip is revealed, everyone in combat with it goes first, the Bunyip goes last.

If someone doesn't post for awhile, they may get killed off. This is mainly when something is needed from them.

I might add things here later on. I'll let you know when I do.

Now, draw. I will PM you your result. Cards will be shuffled via random.org. I will take the remaining card.

DO NOT REVEAL WHO YOU ARE, UNLESS YOU DRAW THE ANGEL CARD.

Pick a card, any card:  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:52 pm
I pick card number 3!  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:54 pm
I pick card number 6!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:55 pm
I pick card number 2!  

Einsamwulf

Friendly Lunatic

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:22 am
What is card number 5, Alex?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:45 am
Can't go wrong with #1~  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:27 pm
I draw card #4  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:52 pm
GM POST:

First off, I hate all of you.

I am the Angel.

Next off, I am giving you absolutely no background information about the start of this game. You are you, and no one else. You know everything you know. You do not know the background, so you do not know the background. Got it? I hope so.

--------------------

PLAYER POST:

Rob threw open the door to the rustic looking cabin and, dramatically, he would announce, "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! We have arrived!"

You are all crowded behind a brown haired guy with skin a little too pasty white. Armed with naught but his glasses, pink polo shirt, jeans, sneakers, that fez he's been wearing the entire trip for god knows what reason, and the keys to the rental minivan cooling in the dirt parking lot a short walk away, he looks thoroughly unimpressed with the contents of the cabin.

Whether it be from looters, squatters, or some rather adventurous 'coons, the place looks like it had been ransacked. The rug looks soiled, the couch is gashed and bleeding white fuz, the drapes are tattered, and the few pots and pans hanging off at the far side of the cabin are rusted completely.

Several doors lead to other rooms in the cabin, all of them closed.

One similarly-designed cabin can be seen to your left a quarter mile away, and two more to the right at similar intervals - the last of which's front door is hanging off one hinge.

Behind you is a large lake surrounded by muddy beaches, at least in the immediate vicinity. It seems to be misted over for now, though, making you unable to see across it.

Beyond the cabin is a thick coniferous forest.

It is currently 5 in the afternoon on a warm August day. There is no wind, and it feels about 85° or so. It's a LITTLE on the muggy side out, but not so much that you feel gross just by standing outside.

Beyond clothes, which you can choose what you want to wear, you have whatever possessions you have on your person at the time you read this paragraph - no warning your fellow players. Do tell us what you have.

The first of you lucky enough to be wearing a watch and checks the time will realize two things: On their primary hand, or rather, your primary wrist, you have three dim lights glowing on it, the three chosen at character creation. On your other wrist, you have seven tally marks. This applies to everyone.

You may post.

Rain's Inventory: Cell Phone, Car Keys (rental, for story purposes), Watch, Glasses, Fez.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:58 pm
Terei looked around the current cabin, clearly not happy.
"....Rain? Are you sure this is the right place?"
She poked one of the drapes, only to have it, and its connected pole, clatter to the ground. "....Well then.."

The girl before the group was a bit on the short side, standing at about 5 foot. She had dark hair that draped down to the bottom of her shoulder blades and dark eyes to match.
Her attire was noticeably eclectic and consisted of a T-shirt that was a bit big on her with a large skull face on it, an oversized black jacket that read "Deny Everything" on the shoulder and appeared a bit frayed with use, pinstriped dress pants that were torn at the bottom from not getting hemmed, and dark military boots. On her head was a dark red, plaid newsboy cap that was also a bit frayed on the bill from time.

"Ugh...Does this place at least have air conditioning? It's too hoooooot, Raaaaain....
Is it so much to ask for 30 degree weather instead of the summer heat?"
As much as she was complaining, Terei didn't appear to be all that uncomfortable. Sad maybe, but not uncomfortable.

Terei went over to one of the doors and tried the knob, expecting it to be locked.

Terei's Inventory: None?

[[ Idk. I was in my pajamas when I read this. Normally, I'd have a bunch of stuff //cries
Edit: If I'm allowed to have what I would normally have on me, then I have a Cell Phone, Wallet, Watch (Waterproof/Shockproof), Mechanical Pencil, Eraser, and String ]]  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:56 pm
Vash shook his head to the side, brushing his medium-length brown hair out of his eyes, which were locked on a retro adventure game playing on his handheld. The young man shut the game and slid the console into his pocket to look around. The woodsy surroundings and muggy weather reminded him of home, although not in a good way by any means.

Vash was dressed in a pair of white shorts, a black tee silk-screened with 8-bit avatars of his favorite web series, his trusty reversible black-and-brown leather belt, and a blue and white flannel overshirt. The shorts pockets were overfilled with his thick wallet, two gadgets, and a charger. If it weren't for the belt, they look as if they would at least hang low (if not slip right off).

He pushed up his glasses as he walked into the cabin. As his eyes adjusted to the interior of the cabin, the young man stepped out of the way, then wiped his brow on the red towel over his shoulder.

"Yeah, man, this place is pretty spooky..."

Vash paused, and looked around a bit at the walls of the cabin, "You said there was going to be power out here, right?"

Vash's Inventory: Red-colored Towel, Glasses, Black Nintendo 3DS, 3DS Charger (USA Wall Plug), Reversible Black-Brown Leather Belt, Leather Wallet ($8.65 cash, plus ID, and many plastic cards), Cheap pay-as-you-go Flip-phone  

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:40 pm
Lilly was silent, as always. At an unimposing 5'5" and wearing little more than a thin blue summer slip-on dress complete with buckle sandals, she simply stood to the side and waited for everyone else to enter (she was very good at staying out of the way). Besides, she didn't really need to see the state of the cabin. Everyone else's cries of agony combined with a large crash that must have been something breaking at a gentle touch told her all she needed to know. This was going to suck. Whatever "this" was.

Which really was the most bothering thought of all. As light blue eyes scanned the summer-camp-of-horror area she couldn't help but wrack her mind over thoughts like 'Where are we? And more importantly why are we here?' Out of nervous habit she went to fidget with her long, slightly curly black hair when another thought hit her. Why was she carrying her laptop? No suitcase or change of clothes? Not even her purse? What in heaven's name was going on here?

As she stared down at her laptop something else caught her eye. Lights? She raised her arm for a closer look. It was funny... she could remember a movie like this. Number Four, or something like that. The thought seemed to calm her, at least. Yup. This was definitely a dream.

Lilly's Inventory: Old Asus Notebook Computer /w Power Cable, Small Grey "In-Ear" Headphones, Hand-Made Guatemalan Fleece Blanket  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:33 am
"Seriously. We're going to, like, die in here." Kyt kicked lightly at the couch with a look of disgust. The girl was around 5'5" as well, had a slight hispanic or asian look to her features, and long dark brown hair with a red streak that fell nearly to her waist. She was dressed in faded ripped black jeans, a thin white fitted t-shirt with an abstract tiger displayed across it, blue, black, and purple skate shoes, fingerless leather gloves and a thin bright blue choker/collar. She didn't seem to have much...if anything on her person as she went around poking at more stuff.

Kyt's Inventory: I don't carry jack s**t on me when I'm at home, so nada lol. Why couldn't you have posted this while I was at work? ;p  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Einsamwulf

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:11 am
"It could be worse, Terei. We could be at the beach." Kuro said while getting out of the van.
Pausing outside for a moment so she could readjust herself after the long car trip.

First she tried taming her short crazy hair with her fingertips but had to resort to using a big
imposing industrial hair clip. Then methodically brushed off any crumbs from her Domo shirt and reached into the Van to
van again to retrieve a blanket which she draped around her shoulders like a poncho to keep her arms free if she
needed to. Mostly though it was so then she could grab the half full can of Mountain Dew.
She had nothing else on her since her Basketball shorts had no pockets and her Keds weren't big enough to
slip money into.

Now that she was presentable she walked past the taller silent girl Lilly and slipped in after Vash did.

She casually took a sip of soda then said, "Soooooo, Rob. When are we going to eat?"

Kuro's inventory:: Bar Hairclip, glasses, soda, medium sized striped blanket

(( Man, you got me when I just woke up ))  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:42 pm
GM Post: Very good, Paidi. Keep up that line of logic, you'll probably be the last survivor in the end.

EDIT - No one played this wrong, btw. Paidi's just the first, in-character, to realize there's something really wrong with this scenario, that it shouldn't be, with the limited clues I've left. Everyone's been doing fine, don't worry. I'll say something if I need to.

--------------------

Player Post:

Rob would scratch at the base of the fez, and comment quickly, "Also, sorry about all the MSI on the ride up. I've been on kind of a kick."

He would hear the questions and complaints and turn around, blinking as he looked at the lot of you. "Haha, what? Wait... who are you... oh!" Looking to Kytana, he would light up, looking past the rest of you. "Alley Kyt! Sorry, I think I had a brain fart, how far east are we? The trip was kind of a blur for..."

Then he noticed another, and his eyes went a bit wider. Eyeing Lilly, he brought his right hand over his mouth in surprise - showing any of you watching him a trio of faint yellow lights on his wrist. "Lilly, wait, is that really... wait... what's going on?"

Any of you that consider yourselves empathetic might feel a momentary spark of paranoia-induced terror, but it failed to ignite after the moment passed. Though Rob did something a bit different...

"What are you..." He would (kind of rudely) push through the rest of you gathered at the door to grab Lilly's forearm and... well... kind of wrench it higher for him to see, since he stood 7" taller than the girl. Just a little, not so much that it would hurt, but enough to probably alarm her (or really, any of you).

((Forgive me taking the creative liberty to resolve this, Paidi. My "fighting" instincts are smacking me for "auto-hitting" >_<)).

Whether he got scared at seeing her lights or his own, Rob would suddenly stumble backwards, actually tripping and falling on his behind, de-fezzing him. Dropping the keys and crawling back from the lot of you, he would utter a string of "Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap CRAP CRAP CRAP!"

His back pressed against the ruined couch, he averted his gaze to both his wrists. Rob gritted his teeth and blanched, before muttering further, "Oh crap oh crap why is this happening? I escaped! I survived! This wasn't supposed to happen!" He would fiercely run his fingers through his combed-back hair, gripping it tightly enough to tear it from his scalp, quaking uncontrollably.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:19 am
Vash ran his hands along the wooden walls of the cabin in search of a secret electrical outlet panel, or anything of that regard. As he brought his hand in front of him, though, he noticed an odd light coming from his wrist. There were three lights to be exact: one red, one blue, and one green.

No, he thought, not green, yellower than green... Chartreuse.

The young man stood up and gazed at his wrists. The three lights were on his right hand wrist. On the left, there were tally marks numbering seven. Vash stood up, overcome with a strange feeling of ominousness.

Just as he was about to voice his concerns to their leader in the venture, he noticed something off about Rain. Hand over his mouth, Vash noted that he too had a trio of lights, all yellow. The fezzed one sputtered something in confusion, then made a beeline for Lilly at the door. He grabbed for her wrist and pulled it up for him to see. It was all very rude, unusual, and considering the light, the action was a tad unsettling.

"Dude. What the hell was that all-" Vash's question was cut short by the recipient's sudden tumble backwards, followed by panicked utterings and mutterings that gave Vash goosebumps.

"Yo, Rob, wanna cut the act? You're scaring the girls." Vash chuckled nervously, looking around to make eye contact with Terei, Kyt, Kuro and finally Lilly. He crouched down and grabbed the fez and held it out towards the guy on the ground.

From his remarkably pale state, Vash could tell that Rob was seriously upset. Concerned, he asked, "What's happening? What wasn't supposed to happen? Like, what's going on with you, man?"  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff