Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
harvest moon sandbox (recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

if i get this built would you play it?
yes
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
maybe
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

panic_memors rolled 18 6-sided dice: 5, 5, 5, 3, 5, 2, 6, 3, 2, 1, 6, 6, 4, 2, 4, 1, 1, 3 Total: 64 (18-108)

panic_memors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:08 am
Hopefully I get some good numbers....  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:09 am
Xenar1
btw I forgot to mention one or two things;

1. you don't need to put one's 'career' onto the character sheet. I just need to know for starting supplies.

2. since there will be fighting (depending on what you do might be a little or a lot) you can start with weapons and armor equal to 10 standard DnD gold.

Why not just allow the starting supply gold be for weapons and armor as well? I mean unless if combat is the main point of the game, I don't see people spending a lot on it.  

Xun Ira

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:09 am
panic_memors
Hopefully I get some good numbers....

Better than mine,  
panic_memors rolled 3 6-sided dice: 5, 2, 5 Total: 12 (3-18)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:13 am
:O That turned out well, I'll be rerolling the last one

1) 15
2) 10
3) 11
4) 13
5) 10
6) 5
6) 12

and it looks like the last one turned out well :3  

panic_memors

panic_memors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:15 am
Xun Ira
Normally I get abysmal numbers so this turned out wonderfully :3 what kind of character are you making?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:20 am
So I'm going to make a cleric character, do you have specific spells or should I just go with the default for her two domains?(I assumed nature and probably healing for the Harvest Goddess) Sorry to bug you I just didn't want to send you an incomplete form.

Xenar1

panic_memors

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:20 am
panic_memors
Xun Ira
Normally I get abysmal numbers so this turned out wonderfully :3 what kind of character are you making?

I do not know, I was thinking of a bow fisher[a fishermen that catches fish by shooting them with an arrow], but the 10 gold limit is drowning that idea  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:22 am
Hmmm that would be a cool character though... Maybe the bow in question could be part of your starting supplies since you use it to fish?

Xun Ira

panic_memors

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:24 am
thank you for bring that up, I don't use bows so I never once looked at them.... sweatdrop

will adjust accordingly

note: first outfits don't count toward the current 55g limit. they give no stats so no need to handy cap.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:32 am
panic_memors
Hmmm that would be a cool character though... Maybe the bow in question could be part of your starting supplies since you use it to fish?

Xun Ira

Stealing your spoiler alert, it is quite handy  

Xun Ira

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:34 am
gold amount extended..... (55)

why on earth are they so expensive?! xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:39 am
Xenar1
thank you for bring that up, I don't use bows so I never once looked at them.... sweatdrop

will adjust accordingly

note: first outfits don't count toward the current 55g limit. they give no stats so no need to handy cap.

I use them quite often, well them and crossbows. Add a little imagination and a string to an arrow/bolt equals small harpoon projectile. Plus, I seen this way of fishing once.

It was that idea, or one who worked with traps and dove into the water to set and fish with a knife. Though that would would have required something that isn't core.  

Xun Ira

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 am
Harvest goddess;
Water Domain, Sun Domain, Plant Domain, Healing Domain, Good Domain,

Witch princess;
Trickery Domain, Magic Domain, Knowledge Domain, Evil Domain, Chaos Domain,

they both have animal domain
====

I literally don't use bows in any game (unless magic is just too clumsy to use) so it is usually a blank spot in my thinking.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:20 am
Xenar1
gold amount extended..... (55)

why on earth are they so expensive?! xp

I was asking that very question for a very long time.  

Xun Ira

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:29 am
Xun Ira
Xenar1
btw I forgot to mention one or two things;

1. you don't need to put one's 'career' onto the character sheet. I just need to know for starting supplies.

2. since there will be fighting (depending on what you do might be a little or a lot) you can start with weapons and armor equal to 10 standard DnD gold.

Why not just allow the starting supply gold be for weapons and armor as well? I mean unless if combat is the main point of the game, I don't see people spending a lot on it.

combat isn't the main point but I didn't anticipate how... 'bloodthirsty' the audience would be. the first thing people seem to want to do is head out into a dungeon and kill/beat-up monsters for loot. given that it's a DnD guild the response wasn't completely unexpected. harvest moon appeals more to kids and girls than guys. they wanted RF but I have no real knowledge of it and the wiki doesn't provide much data. DnD I can pick up and use with data sheets available. so while RF didn't make it I understood what they wanted; adventuring at the vary least, combat at the most.

the main point is provide a different place to be in. one that focused more on RP than mechanics. it's nice to go adventuring but if your like me every once in a while you'll settle down and do something peaceful or laidback. this sandbox can be that place.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff