Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Great Merge (3.5, Recruiting) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mikashi Bartonsier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:47 pm
Please send PMs to me if you are interested, I will respond to you before posting your character here.

[ Character Sheets ]

• 1] Rena (Xenar1)
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]
  • 5]
  • 6]
  • 7]
  • 8]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

The year is 202X, the world has entered a state of lasting peace, hatred and discrimination is left to a handful of deserted groups, the governments of the world are among themselves, taking care of their neighbors just as they do their own countries, and science has progress into the acts once thought to be science fiction. Now the world is seeing a turn it has not before, creatures and beings not of the world we know are being brought into our world, only our best scientists know why, and the military forces of the world are hard pressed to resist these strange attacks. Will you try to survive, or fight back?

[ Setting Information/Background ]

The setting will be primarily modern, in an Earth-like world, Terra, A world run by a collection of countries and their leaders, for the good of all the people of the world, separated into three continents of three Primary climates, Tundra, Temperate, and Desert, named Kila, Tilita, and Croni, respectively.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

As the Premise suggests, the world is seeing and being attacked by creatures that have never been in our world before, no one seems to know why and 'You' are caught between a rock and a hardplace when the creatures suddenly appear. The story begins right at what will be known as Arrival Day. Each character will begin in their own way, and must decide if they are going to try and survive this horror, or fight back. Though I am hoping everyone will fight back. sweatdrop As your travels move forward, you will see that your once peaceful lives are now in ruin as more monsters appear every day, and each day is a fight for survival. Eventually you learn the cause of these attacks, and maybe, take the fight to them instead.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Core 3.5 books, if you wish to use a class or feats not in the core books, please send me a PDF with the class/feats you wish to use.
Banned Resources: Psionics and Truename unless you give me pure 24 Carrot gold as to why you should have it.

ECL: 1
Gold: Starting gold, but no equipment outside of whatever you would normally carry on you, such as money, loose tidbits, maybe a knife, MAYBE a handgun.
Races: Human, sorry, but for the start of this adventure all characters need to be human, this may change later in the story and after a character dies
Ability Scores: 4d6 use best 3
xxxxxxxxxx
Hit Points: Max at first level, standard after that.
Alignments: All, because I can see evil people trying to survive like everyone else.
Pantheon: There are 3 gods that are worshiped in this word, Mira, Goddess of Justice, Domains of Law, Protection, and Strength. Coi, God of Trade, Domains of Chaos, Luck, and Knowledge, and Bruti, God-king of Terra, Domains of Air, Animal, Earth, Plant, Fire, and Water, and one does not pray to Mira or Coi without acknowledging Bruti.
Backgrounds: Preferred/Recommended. If you want your character to have better starting items or a particular class, I need a really good background to give them reason to have it, as well as particular skill-sets, so get creative or prepare to be a meatshield.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] Death will be at -10 rather than -Con.
2] Triple Critical will be considered Instant-Kill, not that I expect it to happen, it's faster than trying to roll that many dice.

Shoutout to Reevinja for this format.

Xenar1 rolled 4 6-sided dice: 3, 1, 6, 5 Total: 15 (4-24)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:23 am
now before I send some silly character made with typical fantasy 'setup' i know this will be modern with guns and all. meaning that there might not be many spell casters among the original players?

well, what i mean to say do the humans know magic?

sorry if it sounds like a stupid question sweatdrop  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Mikashi Bartonsier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:00 pm
Valid question, I'm allowing Spellcasting but only to a point. This is near-future setting, so yes there will be guns, but also some advanced technology that will allow for a magic system to work. My only restriction is that whatever your character's profession was before this began would determine his magical abilities. Like say a Doctor would be a Cleric obviously enough. But a Magician could be a sorcerer that only starts with spells in the Illusion School, or a Chemist knows spells from the transmutation school, or a Gypsy would know Diviniation, An engineer, Enchantment. So an and so forth. "Magic" Is in place and as you proceed through the game characters will learn true magic in time. Until then they have to work with the resources they have, which will account for most low-level spells of their respective schools. And yes, once you start learning true magic, you will not be required to continue in that school.  
Xenar1 rolled 4 6-sided dice: 3, 5, 4, 3 Total: 15 (4-24)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:49 pm
well....

another question that came to mind (but is not necessary to answer) is this; is this an invasion or are the invaders going to be as surprised as we will be?

profile and background will be mailed in a few minuets.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Mikashi Bartonsier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:32 pm
Invasion.  
Xenar1 rolled 4 6-sided dice: 4, 2, 4, 5 Total: 15 (4-24)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:22 pm
lovely smile

here's what Rena looks like;

User Image  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Mikashi Bartonsier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:52 pm
*twiddles thumbs*  
Xenar1 rolled 4 6-sided dice: 1, 5, 2, 5 Total: 13 (4-24)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:48 am
don't worry it'll start someday smile

may I ask who's invading? it is goblins? a large horde of those little guys are always intimidating smile  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Xenar1 rolled 4 6-sided dice: 2, 6, 5, 3 Total: 16 (4-24)

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:56 am
*sigh* xd

I've been sweating bullets on that roll, I didn't want my skill points to be reduced. well, i'm smart but lets see if i'm wise  
Xenar1 rolled 4 6-sided dice: 6, 1, 3, 2 Total: 12 (4-24)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:58 am
um... guys

why do most of you favor 4d6? I know it will make strong rolls but it seems unfair to our enemies, don't you think?  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:11 pm
Xenar1
um... guys

why do most of you favor 4d6? I know it will make strong rolls but it seems unfair to our enemies, don't you think?

4d6 is common, as it is one of the styles that is spoke of in the player's handbook. And you know the old saying, "old habits are quickly killed"... or something like that... lol. It and point buy are the two most used, you might get a dm to use arrays or an other method.

As for unfair to enemies, I don't think it is unfair, I mean 3 is just as possible to roll as an 18. As a bell curve would show, it is easier to get somewhere between 10-14  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:12 pm
Xenar1
don't worry it'll start someday smile

may I ask who's invading? it is goblins? a large horde of those little guys are always intimidating smile
Various creatures, haven't decided on a main breed yet. But expect goblins for certain.  

Mikashi Bartonsier

Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 4 6-sided dice: 3, 3, 3, 1 Total: 10 (4-24)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:09 pm
Being this game looks a lot like my own...

If still active... Question: it is modern age, yet the Core books have only up to a revolver. Why not use the D20 modern?  
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 4 6-sided dice: 6, 5, 3, 3 Total: 17 (4-24)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:10 pm
Also can we have rerolls?  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 4 6-sided dice: 4, 1, 3, 6 Total: 14 (4-24)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:11 pm
Just because I like posting questions here, and I have don't have a question

How are you?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items