Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pokémon] Prismatic Chaos [Closed again!] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:37 pm
[ Disclaimer ]
This will be played in relation to the manga series. That means that Pokémon can die and they can be seriously wounded. They can still only learned up to four moves. That doesn't mean they're just limited to using those moves the way they were intended. In the comics, Blue used her Blastoise to fly by using Hydro Pump. The ghost Pokémon can possess people. There will still be the rules of the game, but the rest is limited by your imagination.

This will also have some Nuzlocke elements, as well. A Pokémon can still faint. When their HP falls 10% pf their max HP below 0, they will be considered dead. You will be required to nickname all of your Pokémon, but I'll let you roll for their Nature and IVs first. You will be able to capture the first Pokémon on each route, unless it is a duplicate. Then, you have 2 more chances to get a non-duplicate. If you fail to catch that Pokémon, you're out of luck.

[ Setting Information/Background ]
This RP will be based on the Randomized Nuzlockes that can be run on emulated Pokémon games. Basically, it makes it so that you never know what you'll find in that patch of tall grass.

What I'm going to be doing is a global substitution of all Pokémon from Gen 1 to 5. This means that what used to be a Pidgey might now be something like a Bidoof and a Rattata might end up being a Rayquaza. Even the starters are going to be randomized, to add extra excitement.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
You were walking around your home of Pallet Town when you started to cringe in pain. A piercing screech was echoing across the land. As you looked up, you noticed a large multicolored meteor streaking across the sky. It plummeted to the ground somewhere far away, but the light of the crash could reach all the way to humble Pallet Town.

One such ray of light bathed a large portion of Route 1 in rainbow waves. You went to check it out, wondering just what that beam could have done. Unfortunately, there was an Arcanine blocking your path. Wait....Arcanine? What was such a rare Pokémon doing out here? A Mudkip jumped out of the tall grass nearby and shook itself off. It gave you a look and tilted its head, confused. It ran off as soon as a figure appeared behind you.

"Interesting. Mudkip aren't native to these parts. The Prism Core appears to have been a success."
A man clad in a white lab coat scribbled away on a notepad. When he finished, he held out a hand to you.
"Hello there. My name is Professor Cypress. The late Professor entrusted me with the task of sending new Trainers out on their first Pokémon journey.
Welcome....to the world of Pokémon."

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Serebii.Net / Bulbapedia / Pokecharms

Names: Based on real names
Starting Poké: 3,000 User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Job: Pokémon Trainer
Starter: Random
Stats: [After you've been accepted] Generate 6 numbers between 0 and 31. You can do this by using the number generator for 1 through 32 and subtracting 1.
Then generate a number from 1 to 25.
Background: A few paragraphs about how you came to live in Pallet Town and your basic personality is all I really need.

Fill out this form:
[color=your preferred post color][b]Name:[/b] (Something realistic, please)
[b]Age:[/b] (Any, but you'll need to explain if not 10)
[b]Gender:[/b] (Male or Female)
[b]Favorite Type and Pokémon:[/b] (Self-explanatory)
[b]Least Favorite Type and Pokémon:[/b] (Self-explanatory)
[b]Description:[/b] (Just a few lines to understand what you look like)
[b]Personality:[/b] (1 or more paragraphs)
[b]Background:[/b] (Here is where you would explain inconsistencies, as well as the traditional background information)[/color]

[ Other Things ]

1] I'm looking for people that can think out-of-the-box while staying within a believable context of the Pokémon universe.
2] I hate the anime. Ingenuity is good, but BS is not.
3] I use a lot of non-Photobucket pictures. I recommend that you set your images to "View All" to get the most of your RP experience.
4] I can make Trainer sprites for accepted people, if they'd like me to. I reward people who make their own, however.
5] I'm going to do run this part until June 21st. I will start accepting people at that time.
6] Forgot to mention this earlier: I'm only accepting 3 people. Make it count when filling out your form!

[ Filled Forms ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:04 pm
...Ugh, the call of pokemon....and you did such a good job last time....

My only question before I decide...

How is this going to deal with multiple people? Your rocket setup had the fact we were in groups as a given, and plausible. I would personally like to know what is going to tie everyone together....or is this being run as a bunch of separate "single-player" games?  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:29 pm
KytanaTheThief
...Ugh, the call of pokemon....and you did such a good job last time....

My only question before I decide...

How is this going to deal with multiple people? Your rocket setup had the fact we were in groups as a given, and plausible. I would personally like to know what is going to tie everyone together....or is this being run as a bunch of separate "single-player" games?

D'awww Thanks, Kyt~<3

Basically, I'm only accepting 3 people to account for the fact that there are only 3 starters. And the Professor is the starting point.
Think of it as a joint journey. You will all be able to do as you please, but you do have a common goal. It's your choice whether you stick together or go out on your own.
Though it may be better to stick together, since there's a chance you might run into a legendary fairly early on.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:56 pm
*sigh* this probably isn't a good idea....but what the hell, sign me up. And I'll make the spunky, outgoing type this time instead of the quiet bookworm lol.

Quote:
Name: Danielle "Dani" Taylor

Favorite Type and Pokémon: Electric, and Shinx

Least Favorite Type and Pokémon: Ghost, and Haunter

Description: Skinny brunette with short messy hair. Blue eyes, tan skin, and lots of scrapes and bruises as if she plays outside a lot. Wears jeans and t-shirts

Personality: A complete tomboy, she's never afraid to wrestle or climb or get dirty. Will talk with just about anyone, and isn't afraid to speak her mind. She constantly questions the world and will stubbornly explore/search until she finds what she's looking for.

Background: Dani's life hasn't really been that special. Her parents are loving, but both extremely busy in their jobs (Mom is a traveling journalist, dad is an engineer), so she's often left to wander on her own. Not exactly anything dangerous in Pallet Town, after all, which was why her parents settled there despite their more city-affiliated jobs. Her dad mostly works from home. There isn't much of the town that Dani hasn't explored, and most of the residents are used to seeing her run around, climbing trees, playing in the water, leading the other kids into games and has generally become known as a force of nature.

KytanaTheThief
Crew

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:20 pm
KytanaTheThief
Least Favorite Type and Pokémon: Ghost, and Haunter

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AMG I CAN'T BREATHE
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW, KYT. AMG *coughcoughhackcough*

You just made my day, Kyt. Thank you <3 <3 <3  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:53 pm
Ummm...I'm glad? No idea why; I nearly put that she didn't have a least favorte type but that seemed even worse than making it ghost lol.

edit: oh gods, don't tell me you rolled and the starter is a Haunter.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:07 pm
KytanaTheThief
edit: oh gods, don't tell me you rolled and the starter is a Haunter.

You're a sharp one ;D  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:14 pm
Damn....Well at least I can get good rp'ing out of it.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:00 pm
KytanaTheThief
Damn....Well at least I can get good rp'ing out of it.

Well, to be fair, it's just one of the starters open to everyone. There's always the chance you won't get it.
Besides, you have to get accepted first~ Mwahahaha~

But, yeah.....That's why I thought it was funny. ovo/  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:18 pm
lmao. well, I hope I get accepted. Is it acceptable to edit your form after the fact? Not the "fact" stuff, but like the descriptions? I filled that out in all of 10-15 minutes lol. I feel like the stuff about her parents seems half-assed and not well thought out.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:19 pm
KytanaTheThief
lmao. well, I hope I get accepted. Is it acceptable to edit your form after the fact? Not the "fact" stuff, but like the descriptions? I filled that out in all of 10-15 minutes lol. I feel like the stuff about her parents seems half-assed and not well thought out.

Go ahead. You're allowed to edit anything on it, up til the 21st.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:38 pm
Just a heads up: I will probably not be able to get online Friday and early Saturday this week.

I will be moving out of my dorm and relaxing in a nice hotel~<3  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:46 pm
Name: Connor Ericson

Favorite Type and Pokémon: Ice and Glaceon

Least Favorite Type and Pokémon: Poison and Trubbish

Description: Spikey brown hair, pale blue eyes, and fair skin. Penchant for light blues, blacks, and whites.

Personality: Loves to explore and go off on his own - often times ends up in trouble for winding up in places he shouldn't be. Generally keeps to himself, but isn't truly 'shy', just introverted. He loves spending time with those he conciders friends, however, and cannot wait to get his first Pokémon and start traveling.

Background: Connor has been raised by his single mother, a lab assistant in the lab in Pallet Town. She often works late, but never ever neglects her son, often bringing gifts home for him and spending what time with him that she can. Because of how often she's working, Conner sneaks off into the woods, looking to find something exciting. He once found a small charm in those woods, and now wears it on a neclace. He bragged about it for weeks, though he know's that it's porbably nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:19 pm
RafeRavel

Ahaha I hope his mother isn't making any goo-goo eyes at Prof. Cypress.

I do like how you make your family important in the town with almost nothing there, though!  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:22 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
RafeRavel

Ahaha I hope his mother isn't making any goo-goo eyes at Prof. Cypress.

I do like how you make your family important in the town with almost nothing there, though!

She wouldn't dare! O: And do I detect a tone of sarcasm?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff