Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] Goblins- Step 3 of Char Creation (Game beginning) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:12 pm
Okay, I'm not going to go into the whole introduction/game hook thing for this game like most games got. Why not, you ask?

If you read Goblins, you don't NEED a big wordy explanation of this game!

If you don't read Goblins, and you're in this guild, you have issues. Go read Goblins. Right now.

Goblins.

ANYWHO, the premise will be similar to the comic's first chapter, but beyond that, the storyline will diverge. Any mechanics in Goblins' worldsetting will apply to this game, such as the presence of IMEs and whatnot. You are not playing anyone from the existing comic, nor will you see any characters, good or evil, from said comic. You are from a different tribe, in a different region, with different politics and traditions.

HOWEVER, I do not want you guys making actual "characters" yet. That will come after the first step, which I'll explain shortly.

There is NO PC LIMIT in this game. But I warn you, I'm making a full-fledged PC party of my own to come kill you guys in your warcamp. As such, anyone who does not survive Chapter 1 will be out of the game. I'm inversing the rules some MMOs use - the harder the monsters, the harder the PC party will be! So if there's 50 of you (by Herbert I hope not), the party of adventurers that will come for you will be that much stronger.

Liquidor, rather than having a "reserved" spot, you will have some other sort of reward. I'll think of it later - I have some immediate ideas, but they all depend on how the first step plays out. Part of your reward does include NOT being removed from game if you don't survive - if you don't, we'll work something out.

Anywho, onto the nitty gritty:

THE FIRST STEP

As part of signing up for this game, you must answer me the following question: What makes you stand out or different from any other goblin in your warcamp?

I have the right to either veto your answer if it is too crippling (such as "I'm the only goblin that hasn't had my legs chopped off!") or overpowering (such as "I'm an avatar of Maglubiyet and count as a 30th level Solo monster!"), or to ask for clarification if your answer is almost acceptable but too broad/vague (such as "I'm the only goblin with a defining physical feature!")

Any answer you give must not conflict with the answers of any other players thus far. You can ask for help from your fellow players if you feel stuck.

Once THIS is done, then I can go into more specific nonplayer character generation rules with all of you - which might be defined by the answers you give in the first step!

Goblins!

LIST OF POTENTIAL GOBLINS
  • Liquidor - Laughs Last, the goblin that has excellent teeth! 1 2 3
  • The Number Three - Forgot-to-Duck, a freakishly tall goblin! 1 2 3
  • Southern Cross Nemesis - Bakes-a-Pie, the youngest & smallest goblin warrior! 1 2 3
  • Audio Blur - Calms the Storm, i.e. the fanciest goblin! 1 2 3
  • kualus457 - Big-And-Tough, the biggest goblin! 1 2 3
  • WhimsicalXellos - Fidgets Nervously, the ritalin-deprived goblin! 1 2 3
  • BegrudginglyGood - Keeps Secrets, the darkskinned goblin! 1 2 3
  • xX_Terei_Xx - Tastes Terrible, the curious goblin! 1 2 3
  • Xun Ira - Otzi, the sleepless goblin! 1 2 3

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:49 pm
So we can't post answers until after liquidor?  

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:48 pm
The Number Three
So we can't post answers until after liquidor?

You can, but Liquidor has full right to steal or nullify your answers with her(?) own. If you say "I am chief!" and she goes "No, *I* am the chief!" then you've been fired, my dear boy. Likewise, if you go "I am chief!" and she goes "The chief was killed in the last raid; I was his best friend and I am running things until a new chief is chosen", that likewise cancels out your answer.

If she answers "I'm the only female goblin!" then that doesn't affect yours any.

You can answer, but do you really want to give Liquidor any bright ideas? wink  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:25 am
I am the only goblin in my tribe with a full set of teeth. Most of the tribe is missing more than half their teeth due to carelessness and neglect.  

Liquidor

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:34 am
"I am the tallest goblin in the tribe, standing at 2'11" tall."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:57 am
Liquidor
I am the only goblin in my tribe with a full set of teeth. Most of the tribe is missing more than half their teeth due to carelessness and neglect.

That's too debilitating for everyone else. Goblins in Thuntverse aren't THAT bad off in terms of health - and Thunt HAS done characters with bad teeth. Everyone can be missing at least a tooth, but I'm not comfortable with "everyone" missing "more than half". You can have "everyone missing at least one or two" though. How does that sound?

The Number Three
"I am the tallest goblin in the tribe, standing at 2'11" tall."

Halflings, which are ALSO Small size, average 3'10" - 4'2". Gnomes, 3'4" - 3'8". You are too short by a LOT. I would say 4'2", halfling average max height, should match yours, or maybe you can beat it by a few more inches if you want to be REALLY tall. How does that sound?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:07 am
Ok i follow better, I thought we were setting odd limits, but this is good. Hmmm tallest at 4'4.

Being that he is only one inch shy of being a dwarfs maximum height, 3'9+2d4, would that qualify me to be a medium size creature rather than the traditional small?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:19 am
Rain Yupa
Liquidor

That's too debilitating for everyone else. Goblins in Thuntverse aren't THAT bad off in terms of health - and Thunt HAS done characters with bad teeth. Everyone can be missing at least a tooth, but I'm not comfortable with "everyone" missing "more than half". You can have "everyone missing at least one or two" though. How does that sound?
Your world. Its fine with me.  

Liquidor

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:49 pm
The Number Three
Ok i follow better, I thought we were setting odd limits, but this is good. Hmmm tallest at 4'4.

Being that he is only one inch shy of being a dwarfs maximum height, 3'9+2d4, would that qualify me to be a medium size creature rather than the traditional small?

Dwarves are 4'3" - 4'9". BUT, Dwarves are Medium because they are big in all directions, rather than just vertically.

So no you can't be a medium creature. Taller than 4'4" puts you at "freakishly tall", but I wouldn't go any higher than 4'6".

EDIT: The Monster Manual gives height ranges. Average goblin height is 3'4" to 3'8". So 3'11" is the cap for "Freakishly tall".

And no, I wasn't trying to get you guys to screw all the other Goblin players. I was trying to get you to define yourself from being different from "generic goblin minion". Liquidor's teeth is what sets her apart from other goblins. Yours is height. Nemesis's is youth.

That's why I had veto rights on something that would hurt the other players, rather than just make you unique. Bad dental hygiene would kind of hurt everyone so that's why I spoke up on Liquidor's post. Yours was just a height clarification.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:01 pm
Rain Yupa
The Number Three

Dwarves are 4'3" - 4'9". BUT, Dwarves are Medium because they are big in all directions, rather than just vertically.

So no you can't be a medium creature. Taller than 4'4" puts you at "freakishly tall", but I wouldn't go any higher than 4'6".

EDIT: The Monster Manual gives height ranges. Average goblin height is 3'4" to 3'8". So 3'11" is the cap for "Freakishly tall".

And no, I wasn't trying to get you guys to screw all the other Goblin players. I was trying to get you to define yourself from being different from "generic goblin minion". Liquidor's teeth is what sets her apart from other goblins. Yours is height. Nemesis's is youth.

That's why I had veto rights on something that would hurt the other players, rather than just make you unique. Bad dental hygiene would kind of hurt everyone so that's why I spoke up on Liquidor's post. Yours was just a height clarification.
In that case, final attempt.

"I am the tallest Goblin in the tribe, standing at 3'11, while maintaining a proportionate weight."

EDIT: As there's no PC limit are we only allowed to make one Goblin?  

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:08 pm
Yes, one goblin per.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:19 pm
is "Only goblin trained in divine magic" allowed?  

Kazua Kisake

Partying Genius

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:54 pm
kualus457
is "Only goblin trained in divine magic" allowed?

Depends. You don't have class levels and thus, don't HAVE any divine spell powers to cast.

BUT the one exception to this would be the warcamp's fortune teller, but your spells are less from a class and more because you're a monster with spell-like powers. Or at least ONE spell-like power.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:47 am
"What sets me apart from my counterparts; isn't it obvious? I, unlike this mindless rabble of plebeians I call a warband, know a thing for two about grace and civility." she says, daintily sipping her tea.  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers