Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 3.5e Blood of the Elements Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Knight Nin

Malevolent Phantom

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:01 pm
This thread is to recruit players for my campaign. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it moved to a sub-forum once we get enough people. If not, I can always just copy-pasta.

Currently we have 5 out of 5 potential players.

To all able-bodied men; I, Captain Oscar, have need of your talents. If you desire coin, or perhaps the chance to save our fair city of Avalon then join me on the eve of our Summer Festival in the Chapel of Pelor. I promise fair pay, and an even share of any treasure we may uncover whilst undertaking this quest.

Be fore-warned, I guarantee no measure of safety, and the task will be fraught with danger. Death will be a very real and ever-present risk.

Further details of our mission, as well as a good faith payment, shall be given when we meet.

I eagerly await all who see fit to join me.

Local politics/description of area

Welcome to the City-State of Avalon, a prosperous coastal city and trade center of the region. In fact, Avalon is situated in the only natural harbor of the entire region. As such, the only way to conduct trade over seas in the area is to move through Avalon.

With the militant Holy Empire of the Divine Emperor Alexander the XIV to the North, the elven forest kingdom of Eraia to the South, the Sea to the West and the untamed wilds to the East, Avalon seems to have much to fear from it's neighbors who undoubtedly covet Avalon's position. However, Avalon enjoys good relations with Eraia, and the two nations share a rather symbiotic relationship. Avalon allows Eraia to use their port without tarriffs, and in exchange Eraia patrols Avalon's eastern border.

Avalon's relationship with the Holy Empire is not so simple. The Holy Empire is the single most powerful military force on the continent, and they know it. On top of that, they are constantly converting smaller kingdom (either through missionaries or overwhelming force) to the worship of their divine emperor. As such, the Holy Empire is constantly at war. Although they covet Avalon for it's strategic and mercantile uses they dare not attack. Such an act would be seen as an act of aggression by Eraia and would provoke an from the Elven kingdom. Between all the smaller wars the empire wages and quelling rebellious factions within, the empire cannot afford a battle with Eraia.

Avalon its self has but a token force of militia, used primarily as a peace keeping force within the city. They handle crimes and public disturbances within the walls, but are rarely deployed outside.

Allowed Material

Any 3.5e Book (provided you can get me a PDF if I don't already own the book)
Any 3.0e Book upon review
Any Dragon Magazine upon review
No Homebrew

Basically, anything printed from 3.5, but if I don't have the book you need to get me the PDF, and if you want something from a 3.0 book or Dragon Magazine you have to run it by me on a case by case basis. For example, I might allow the Necklace of Natural Weapons from Savage Species, but I won't allow the anthropomorphic races.

Character Creation

Character creation will be done with me over a Skype Call, and before individual character creation we will all get together to decide party roles. But, so you have an idea in mind lets get the parameters.

Race
You must be a non-monstrous humanoid capable of speech with no racial hit die. I might be willing to give in to the racial hit die, but you'll have to talk me into it. Also, you need fluff to take a race. As such, unless you give me a damn compelling argument you aren't getting Dragonborn.

Allignment
Any non-Evil. This leaves CG, CN, LG, LN, NG, and True N. In this setting, if you go about being evil dicks to people, the nations might send out a hunting party. That doesn't end well of either the PCs of the DM.

Ability Scores
A simple 40 point buy. I like my PCs to feel strong, be strong, and be on an even footing with each other.

ECL 5
What this means is that you can have a level adjustment up to +4 since you have to start with at least one class level. We will be playing with LA buy off.

Character Wealth
9000gp, as is standard. However, we do have a minor adjustment. For every LA you have you will lose 1/2 of the standard character wealth for that level. I'd explain, but let me just give you a chart.

LA +0 | 9000gp
LA +1 | 7200gp
LA +2 | 5850gp
LA +3 | 4950gp
LA +4 | 4500gp

So, with a LA +1 you lose 1800gp of wealth. This is because the difference between L 5 and L 4 wealth is 3600gp, and half of this is 1800gp. At LA +2 you lose 3150gp. This is because from L 4 to L 3 in wealth is 2700gp, and half of that is 1350. However, this is cumulative with the LA +1 loss.

Hitpoints
You have two options. You can either take the standard progression, or roll for it. However, this must be selected at character creation and cannot be changed later.

Background
If you write a background and want it integrated into the story that'd be really cool. If you don't, then cool also. And, if you write good background I'll grant a bonus. I'm not sure what, and it won't be game breaking but it"ll be cool.

Miscellaneous
For the purpose of Psionics and other odd abilities, I'm going to treat them as spell like abilities in the realm of the game. Psionics are subject to spell resistance, anti-magic field etc...

Playing the Game

This is still up in the air, but one thing is certain. We will be playing over Skype, and it has to be in a group call. I understand how cool text is, but it isn't nearly as good as voice chat.

As for rolls, I'm looking into a few systems for real time responses, and so far Roll20 looks to be the best. Trouble is, I hate the rest of that system. I dunno, I'll figure something out.  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:02 pm
This is where I'll post links to everyone's character sheets. I expect (but don't require) everyone to use this site for the purpose of putting the sheet up. If you have another system or site you prefer, go ahead and use it.

Prospective Players:

Jarethkingofgoblins
The Number Three
kualus457
Blue Viral
V Hohenheim  

Knight Nin

Malevolent Phantom

Knight Nin

Malevolent Phantom

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:03 pm
AnythingelseIthinkoflater  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:04 pm

Knight Nin

Malevolent Phantom

Knight Nin

Malevolent Phantom

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:04 pm
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:14 am
I'm in, just explain a "40 Point Buy" ?  

Kazua Kisake

Partying Genius

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500

Knight Nin

Malevolent Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:35 pm
kualus457
I'm in, just explain a "40 Point Buy" ?

DMG, page 169. Also, here.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:15 pm
ok awesome, count me in then, i'll make my char on Myth-weavers and link you then  

Kazua Kisake

Partying Genius

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500

V Hohenheim

Benevolent Tycoon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:34 pm
If this is still happening I'd love to hop in on it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:42 pm
Kuriso90

Yes, this is still happening. With you, we've got a nice, round set of 5 players.  

Knight Nin

Malevolent Phantom

V Hohenheim

Benevolent Tycoon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:02 pm
Knight Nin
Kuriso90

Yes, this is still happening. With you, we've got a nice, round set of 5 players.
Good Deal. Have people started character creation? If so what's taken and what do we need?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:42 am
Kuriso90
Knight Nin
Kuriso90

Good Deal. Have people started character creation? If so what's taken and what do we need?

Well, so far I know we have an arcane caster, and possibly a Psychic Warrior.  

Knight Nin

Malevolent Phantom

V Hohenheim

Benevolent Tycoon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:23 am
Knight Nin
Kuriso90
Knight Nin
Kuriso90

Great, cool if I rock a cleric?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:04 pm
Kuriso90
Knight Nin
Kuriso90
Knight Nin
Kuriso90

Great, cool if I rock a cleric?

I've no objections, but we still need to get all the players together so we can decide on a play night, and finalize other important details.  

Knight Nin

Malevolent Phantom

V Hohenheim

Benevolent Tycoon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:33 pm
Cool Cool. I'm currently out of a job and not in school so I have all the free time in the world to play.

Note to the other players: I made a cleric heading in the direction of Radiant Servant of Pelor for healing and support.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff