Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 3.5 Testing the Waters

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Knight Nin

Malevolent Phantom

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:08 am
Alright, I'm looking for interest in a 3.5 game. Now, I have an entire module that runs all the way into epic that I built from the ground up but...

I dunno, this guild seems fairly dead.

For just some base information, let me lay it out. You can use any 3.5 book, provided you can get me a PDF (if I don't already have it, I probably do). Characters will start at either ECL 4 or 5, I have yet to really decide but you have to be a non-monstrous humanoid race. Also, your level adjustment will affect your starting character gold. Gold won't be based on class level, but for every ECL that isn't a class level you lose 1/2 of the gold for the highest unaffected level at character creation in relation to starting gold.

Say you have a +2 adjustment, but your character is made at ECL 4. Normally, you'd have 5,400 gp to work with. But, in this case, you'd only get 3,150. This number is derived from taking half away from the difference between the expected character wealth of a level 4 and level 3 character, and then a level 3 and a level 4 character. (ECL 4 characters normally should have 5,400 gp, ECL 3 is 2,700 and ECL 2 is 900. As such, the function goes like 5,400 - (5,400 - 2,700)/2 - (2,700 - 900)/2 = 3,150) Or, without the numbers:

ECLW x - {(ECLW x - ECLW (x-1))/2}>Level Adjusment = Character Wealth

This is done so that not having a level adjustment is more favorable, but still a viable option if you really want to play something with it.

Stats will probably be a 40 point buy, but that is subject to change. Alignment must be non-evil (evil campaigns in reasonable worlds normally end on a party of high level paladin's swords).

Now, the tricky part. It is built as a sea or ship module but can be easily converted into a standard land campaign. As a ship based campaign, it adds in multiple levels of annoyances and costs, like maintaining and paying a crew.

Lastly, the game will start with everyone as a mercenary hired by an unknown benefactor (or, in the case of altruistic characters, asked to help with a quest).

Oh, and you need Skype to play. I understand the benefits of playing the game over Gaia, with the text based RP and stuff, but I prefer voice chat for D&D. Expect lots of RP.

Here is a sample blurb for those that fail the fort-save from an early event,

As you come to, you are greeted by an intense ringing in your ears, and a painful headache. The room is much darker than it was before, and signs of struggle are all about you. As your head clears, you notice a patch of the ceiling is missing. The sky is grey, and bits of it are falling like snow.

Suddenly, the grey bits of sky come to life, dancing and swirling in a ring roughly 2 feet in height. The ringing in your ears intensifies as the swirling sky turns bright red, like coals in a fire. Then, in a burst or energy, it steps through.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:34 pm
Well, I gave it a few weeks, but to no avail. Ah well, and here I was hoping that this guild had an ember still...  

Knight Nin

Malevolent Phantom

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:31 pm
Knight Nin
Well, I gave it a few weeks, but to no avail. Ah well, and here I was hoping that this guild had an ember still...
For what it's worth, now that I've seen this I am very interested. If you find a group on gaia, or even another forum website, let me know and I would love to be a part of that game.

If you'd like to add me, my Skype name is Kadikobear  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:06 pm
The Number Three
Knight Nin
For what it's worth, now that I've seen this I am very interested. If you find a group on gaia, or even another forum website, let me know and I would love to be a part of that game.

If you'd like to add me, my Skype name is Kadikobear

I'll let you know if I get a group together. So far, including you, I've got 2 prospective players. I'd like 5, but I can run with 4.  

Knight Nin

Malevolent Phantom

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces