Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Basara Guild

Back to Guilds

To fill your Basara needs. A place to discuss the anime and video game of Sengoku Basara. 

Tags: Sengoku Basara, Samurai, Ninja, Video Game, Anime 

Reply Video Game Discussion
never understood this...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little White Crane
Crew

Shy Gaian

4,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:34 pm
yeah, i know this is a fighting game, but when you're on Hard, why is it that even if you're the clan leader, when the clan's in a meeting you have to fight off the intruders? you know, that one 'bonus' level that occasionally takes place of the normal choices
if you're say, Kotaro or Keiji, yeah, i can understand. but Mitsunari, Ieyasu, Tsuruhime, etc.? the clan leaders? not so much  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:06 pm
If you're talking about Intrusion, it pops up in every difficulty (when I was first learning to play the game, I played it on Easy and Intrusion showed up) and it's a stage that everyone eventually has to fight. Doesn't matter if you're playing a general or not.  

Erix19

Friendly Shapeshifter

10,500 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • ReAnimated 50

Kitalpha Hart
Vice Captain

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:44 pm
Erix19
If you're talking about Intrusion, it pops up in every difficulty (when I was first learning to play the game, I played it on Easy and Intrusion showed up) and it's a stage that everyone eventually has to fight. Doesn't matter if you're playing a general or not.
i've played it on PS3 and Wii, only ever had it show up on Hard. it might have a higher chance of occurring on hard, which might account for it, or if the line you're taking has every path dropped, which is probably more constant on Hard
i still find it funny that if you're playing a general, the generals under you will have a meeting without you X'D  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:11 pm
Kitalpha Hart
Erix19
i've played it on PS3 and Wii, only ever had it show up on Hard. it might have a higher chance of occurring on hard, which might account for it, or if the line you're taking has every path dropped, which is probably more constant on Hard
i still find it funny that if you're playing a general, the generals under you will have a meeting without you X'D

I think it depends on which path you're one and which way you go on that path. It's shown up without fail on every difficulty for me and I have the Wii version.  

Erix19

Friendly Shapeshifter

10,500 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • ReAnimated 50

Kitalpha Hart
Vice Captain

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:18 pm
Erix19
Kitalpha Hart
Erix19

I think it depends on which path you're one and which way you go on that path. It's shown up without fail on every difficulty for me and I have the Wii version.
imma go one GameFAQs and see if they have anything on it
EDIT: nothing on PS3, Wii has someone saying that it first pops up on Kanbe's red path
Don't think that answered the question...ugh  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:34 pm
Kitalpha Hart
Erix19
Kitalpha Hart
Erix19

EDIT: nothing on PS3, Wii has someone saying that it first pops up on Kanbe's red path

Wait! I had it wrong. Intrusion's one of the Sekigahara stages. Invasion is the random raid/protect-the-headquarters thing.  

Erix19

Friendly Shapeshifter

10,500 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • ReAnimated 50

Little White Crane
Crew

Shy Gaian

4,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:44 pm
Erix19
Kitalpha Hart
Erix19
Kitalpha Hart
Erix19

Wait! I had it wrong. Intrusion's one of the Sekigahara stages. Invasion is the random raid/protect-the-headquarters thing.
emotion_facepalm
Epic derp
Will check again later, unless you still get it, no matter the diffculty  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:46 pm
Little White Crane
Erix19
Kitalpha Hart
Erix19
Kitalpha Hart
Erix19

emotion_facepalm
Epic derp

You still get it, no matter the difficulty. Whenever I'm playing through the stories, it's bound to show up somewhere. Sometimes you miss it, sometimes not. I recently played through Masamune's Red Path and it didn't show but that was likely because I didn't challenge a location liable to become Invasion afterward.  

Erix19

Friendly Shapeshifter

10,500 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • ReAnimated 50

Kitalpha Hart
Vice Captain

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:25 pm
Erix19
Little White Crane
Erix19
Kitalpha Hart
Erix19

emotion_facepalm
Epic derp

You still get it, no matter the difficulty. Whenever I'm playing through the stories, it's bound to show up somewhere. Sometimes you miss it, sometimes not. I recently played through Masamune's Red Path and it didn't show but that was likely because I didn't challenge a location liable to become Invasion afterward.
looking again. Nothing for PS3 again. Nothing on the wii, either. I asked the guy who owns it for PS3 and he said that he's only ever gotten it on hard, and he's had to restart cuz he upgraded the hard drive on his PS3
Dunno, maybe some copies are glitched or something?  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:56 pm
Kitalpha Hart
Erix19
Little White Crane
Erix19
Kitalpha Hart
Erix19

emotion_facepalm
Epic derp

looking again. Nothing for PS3 again. Nothing on the wii, either. I asked the guy who owns it for PS3 and he said that he's only ever gotten it on hard, and he's had to restart cuz he upgraded the hard drive on his PS3

Found the actual name. It's call The Last Stand. I found a video of someone playing Motochika on Normal and the vid starts off with The Last Stand. So it's not strictly a Hard difficulty stage nor is it a glitch. If you've never had it on any difficulty except Hard, the only explanation is that you're missing it completely on other difficulties. I can see if I can find a list of trigger locations.  

Erix19

Friendly Shapeshifter

10,500 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • ReAnimated 50

Kitalpha Hart
Vice Captain

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:37 am
Erix19
Kitalpha Hart
Erix19
Little White Crane
Erix19

emotion_facepalm
Epic derp

Found the actual name. It's call The Last Stand. I found a video of someone playing Motochika on Normal and the vid starts off with The Last Stand. So it's not strictly a Hard difficulty stage nor is it a glitch. If you've never had it on any difficulty except Hard, the only explanation is that you're missing it completely on other difficulties. I can see if I can find a list of trigger locations.
still of the opinion that it occurs when the possible stage(s) for that part of the path are gone for one reason or another
Controls for the game sucks on Wiimote and nunchuck  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:38 am
Kitalpha Hart
Erix19
Kitalpha Hart
Erix19
Little White Crane
Erix19

emotion_facepalm
Epic derp

still of the opinion that it occurs when the possible stage(s) for that part of the path are gone for one reason or another

It occurs at random apparently. It replaces the stage you're currently on because it's a base defense type of deal. I like the Wii controls since I find myself moving along with some of the characters during their victory scenes and the Wiimote gives me something to hold to. Less weird that way. That and the Wii is the only system I have that can play the game.  

Erix19

Friendly Shapeshifter

10,500 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • ReAnimated 50

Kitalpha Hart
Vice Captain

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:17 am
Erix19
Kitalpha Hart
Erix19
Kitalpha Hart
Erix19

It occurs at random apparently. It replaces the stage you're currently on because it's a base defense type of deal. I like the Wii controls since I find myself moving along with some of the characters during their victory scenes and the Wiimote gives me something to hold to. Less weird that way. That and the Wii is the only system I have that can play the game.
A+B+Z (or c, but I think it's b) or just R1 (PS3) for the super art? I can't use all the skills on wiimote and nunchuck cuz of that damn combination cat_crying always get a+b, b+z or a+z instead  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:46 am
I should learn that A+B+Z combo. I don't think I've ever tried it. I sometimes discover new combos by accident and I don't remember how I did it. Maybe I instinctively used that combo without realizing it so I could never replicate it. The C Button makes you jump/recover aerial attacks use it.  

Erix19

Friendly Shapeshifter

10,500 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • ReAnimated 50
Video Game Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items