Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Muggle World (Chatterbox)
I'm Tired of This

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:00 pm
I'm tired of hearing about tragedy after tragedy. Aurora, Sandy Hook, Boston, and several others I probably don't even know about. Do you guys know that I was six when 9/11 happened? My memories really start there. I can't remember much from before, which means I can't remember a time where I didn't know that evil was real. And that sickens me. It makes me feel as though I were robbed.

The problem lies not in laws, but in the way people think. And so, with my school, I'd like to inspire peace in other people. I'm not saying let's all gather 'round the campfire and let bygones be bygones, but rather, let's try to be kind to each other.

If you'd like to help spread this message and have a Twitter (or know people who do) please try to get #iCareToSpreadPeace trending. Use the hashtag in coordination with posting a quote about peace, or a picture where people are being kind to each other.

I know it seems idealistic, but it's worth a shot!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:24 pm
I posted this to my twitter last night, but it's something that I have written all over... well, everything, and I think it's a good prayer/motto/thought for such things...

"I pray, not for the peace of forgetting, but for the strength to remember with happiness and not the pain of loss."

We spend so much time focusing on the awful things that happen, on the negative, that we don't ever put any effort into trying to remember the good. But we should. Instead of focusing on the horrible tragedy of the day, we could think about all the good things that happened, things that were overshadowed by that event. It doesn't matter if there wasn't anything huge that happened; it could be small. But it happened, just the same as the bad things.

Scientists managed to cure a group of people living with HIV, including an infant. That's amazing, and yet I barely heard anything about it. But there's a bombing and two/three people die (I've heard different information), and everyone acts like the world is this dark, horrible place. Like there's no light. But if there wasn't, we would never even notice the dark, because it would be all there is.

Just a few thoughts.  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Sincerely Moii

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:31 pm
I'm really sickened about this. I feel like I'm not safe at home anymore, like any minute a bomb could smash through my window and kill me or a murderer runs into my house.

Our school is so cautious that they are locking the doors. People including me think this is the end of the world. Not a meteor or a flood, this.

There's no longer any safe place in the world, I'm not sure what to think anymore. I do believe this might be the end of the World :  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:56 pm
Today one of my teachers played "Let There Be Peace on Earth" for us during class. The song was really touching, especially considering recent events. I truly believe that every little good thing someone does for another person sends as much love out into the world as terrorist attacks and stuff like that sends hate. In the words of a very wise wizard:
"Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check,but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay... small acts of kindness and love." - Gandalf the Grey, from The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien  

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:22 pm
I was talking with someone I know about the whole situation. Basically the whole gist of the conversation was that with all of these extremists going around doing evil, it paints a bad light for those individuals who just want to live in the region or their adopted/original countries in peace. I'm not saying that all of the countries happen to be good, if for no other reason than they're run by idiots, but not all of the people in the Middle East or of Arabic descent happen to be arsehats. Most of them want to raise their kids and live their lives in safety, and those that try and stereotype are making it harder to realize that not everyone is out to spread evil.  
Muggle World (Chatterbox)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games