Submit

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:58 pm
Retro elitists bug me. You know who else always says the old ways were better? Racists, anti-LGBT people, and old men who wish women stayed in the kitchen and didn't wear pants.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:22 pm
I wouldn't consider myself an elitist, but I do miss when games had bonus content in the form of bonus content, not DLC. Hopefully with all this talk about the time it taking to make a game being cut back to the PS1 days we can get back to the good old days of easter eggs being more than just that. (that everyone knows about because of the trophy/achievement)  

DocileCard

Si-Shen

Hallowed Knight

8,700 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:38 pm
You walk a very dangerous path with this, depending on your POV an elitist might not really be all that elite, just pointing out they simply thought a style was better or something previous was better.

Personally I like the more traditional RPG games, many of the modern ones have been done poorly and lack a true feel when it comes to control.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:25 am
Si-Shen
You walk a very dangerous path with this, depending on your POV an elitist might not really be all that elite, just pointing out they simply thought a style was better or something previous was better.

Personally I like the more traditional RPG games, many of the modern ones have been done poorly and lack a true feel when it comes to control.

It might be noted that gaming has changed from the 80's to now, however.. I wouldn't say it's gotten better nor would I say it's gotten worse. You're always going to have games that focus on gameplay over graphics, and story. and you're always going to have vice versa. I feel the people who say gaming sucks these days are just to blind to look for anything they like. Not everything revolves around Call of duty - so to speak.  

DocileCard

Si-Shen

Hallowed Knight

8,700 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:48 pm
DocileCard
Si-Shen

It might be noted that gaming has changed from the 80's to now, however.. I wouldn't say it's gotten better nor would I say it's gotten worse. You're always going to have games that focus on gameplay over graphics, and story. and you're always going to have vice versa. I feel the people who say gaming sucks these days are just to blind to look for anything they like. Not everything revolves around Call of duty - so to speak.
I personally don't play the CoD games at all, not a huge shooter fan.
I personally miss the good old menu-based RPGs.

One thing I notice now is that stories tend to be more complicated and less basic, although it can vary; as you said, sometimes you have great mechanics and horrid controls/story and sometimes its the other way.  
PlayStation 3 Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games