Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion
[+][L-A][1x1] Facets. [OPEN-SEARCHING FOR LITERATE PARTNER]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WitchAlchemist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:36 pm
There's a devil with an angel's face...

...And an angel with a devil's wings.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:37 pm
Wherein the Beauty is a Beast

Superstar Ren Vance has it all: the looks, the charm, the talent, at twenty-three years old, he's got a platinum record and several box-office hits under his belt. He's America's charitable golden boy on the surface, but behind the scenes, he's a veritable tyrant. A flirtatious, manipulative, selfish, and temperamental egomaniac. There are only three people genuinely close to him, his manager, his cousin, and his life-long best friend [X]. They met as children and Ren and his cousin were the only ones willing to accept and defend [X], who has a heart condition that leaves him often weak and prone to illness which stunted his growth. When Ren became a superstar, he convinced [X] to come along for the ride and even though [X] had other dreams, his loyalty to Ren won over. Officially, [X] is Ren's 'assistant', but he's not paid to do it even though he takes care of even the menial aspects of Ren's life. [Laundry, cooking, cleaning, scheduling, etc...] [X] tends to see Ren through rose-colored glasses, a phrase which here means that he selflessly puts up with all of Ren's nonsense without actually realizing that he's being taken advantage of. In [X]'s eyes, he's lucky to be friends with a star like Ren when he himself is nothing special.

There's one more stipulation, [X] is actually in love with Ren and in a drunken stupor one night, confessed. Ren turned him down cold, was adamant that he was straight, but that he still 'wanted to be friends'. [X] accepts that, grateful that Ren still wants to be his friend after such a confession, and his life as Ren's 'assistant' continues. Until he comes home early one day and finds Ren in the arms of a man, and to add insult to injury, they're discussing [X]. The man inquires about Ren's relationship with [X], to which he replies that [X] is just 'convenient', and that he keeps him around because 'he feels sorry for him'. His heart broken, [X] flees the apartment [tailed by Ren who'd heard him leave] and accidentally crosses into the path of an oncoming car and winds up dead. But he's not gone.

[X] has attracted the attention of the charismatic Lord of Death himself, and he makes a deal with [X]. If [X] becomes one of his Reapers who collects souls for him, he can remain in the living world. Even better, he helps [X] devise a plan to get revenge on the man who'd used him. Namely by helping [X] trick Ren into being his Reaper's assistant, otherwise known as a familiar.

But when a rogue Reaper with a powerful elemental on his side interferes, the best friends-turned-enemies will have to work together to save their world.

WitchAlchemist

WitchAlchemist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:38 pm
The Devil's in the Details

+Lord Death, far from being skeletal and grim, is attractive, charismatic [if morbid], ruthless, and enamored with [X]. He wants [X], one way or another, and is more than happy to help him gain his revenge. Ren's going to have to earn [X]'s love back, and Lord Death will be seducing [X] in the meanwhile.

+Ren Vance is a stage name, Ren's real name is Radborne McAvery. It's a sore spot of his, and a big secret. So naturally, once X becomes a Reaper and meets Ren again, he should make good use of Ren's real name to irritate him. Although as kids, I'm sure [X] gave Radborne an endearment/nickname, so that'll be cute to use too when you think it's appropriate. : 3 And Ren, when you think it's appropriate. o-o

+I enjoy playing more than one character, if you do too, maybe you'd like to play the cousin/manager romance with me? The manager is tight-fisted, cold-hearted, and cynical, but he's the best at his job and he can keep Ren in line. He's got a soft spot for [X] and the cousin, and a mysterious past. The cousin is essentially treated as Ren's gopher, but recently was promoted to being the manager's assistant. He's like a brother to [X]. If you play the cousin, he might already know the manager is a good man, or he's 'terrified' of him. Either way. Of course, if you want to play neither, I understand. XD

+[X] pre-death has always had his heart condition that left him ill, made him tire easily, and resulted in him being always very small for his age. One of the perks of being a Reaper means that his appearance will be whatever his prime physical form would be. So whichever age you like, he'll look his best as if he'd never had the heart condition. However, as a Reaper, his hair will have become black, and his eyes have become red.

+[X] Reaper powers. Feel free to take liberties here, pre-included powers are: Instant teleportation, being able to phase through solid matter, flying, and 'invisibility'. He can also 'see' when a soul is about to die, and he can see auras or rather, the 'good' and 'evil' of a person. This ability will strengthen overtime, it shouldn't be too strong at first. Sort of like a person learning the alphabet so that they can read. Shapeshifting is another ability, since they generally appear in a form comforting to the person whose soul they are about to reap. Every Reaper has an affinity, or a particular ability unique unto themselves. They also deal with evil spirits and wayward souls.

+When [X] returns to Earth to make Ren his familiar, I'll leave it to you to decide when [X] reveals the truth about himself. At least wait until Ren's his familiar, it's then up to you if he reveals it immediately or leaves Ren thinking he's become a stranger's familiar. Ren's not going to realize it right off because [X] looks completely different in his Reaper form.

+[X] has been used and betrayed by his best friend, the person he most trusted and loved. He gave up his dreams and hung his hopes on Ren only to have them crushed, and he perhaps even blames his untimely death and wasted life on Ren. His eyes were opened to the poor way Ren had begun treating them in the later years of their life. Naturally, he should be very pissed, suffering from the pain of a lost life and broken heart, and not trust Ren a whit. Ren's going to be remorseful at first, but don't let [X] just give in or we're going to lose all the tension and angst before this even kicks off the ground. [X] should want some payback. Please? XD

+Also, this is just a side thing born of my odd likes. If you feel so inclined, a Reaper can have the power to determine his familiar's age [and appearance?] at will. It seems reasonable actually, given that they have to live so long and travel and what not...and if [X] turned the tables on Ren by trapping him in a kid's form or animal form [or Hell, even a female form]...I would pretty much adore you. Or maybe something like that happens whenever Ren pisses off X too much/makes him jealous? I can imagine Ren flirting and suddenly X three-sixties him into a kid all smirking. Or making Ren wear his old form while he parades around in Ren's. Again though, this is my odd quirk, so you don't have to. XD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:39 pm
Rules

No Cybering. None. This is a sex-free zone. Kiss, hug, snuggle, feel up, get down and dirty in a time skip-but keep graphicness away from my beautimous roleplay. XD

You must be literate. Preferably very literate. I'm not a grammar-nazi or anything, but I thoroughly enjoy meaty, coherent posts that allow me to write the same sort back. I will warn you, I have a super-busy schedule, so don't assault me if I don't post back right away and I'll gladly return the courtesy.

No helpless, whiny type ukes. Sissy, crybaby, 'OMG-even-kissing-is-so-embarrassing-BLUSH' types drive me nuts. If you want to be an uke, that's fine, but don't be a pushover or a prima donna, pleeeeaaaase.

Other than that...HAVE FUN! ;D <3~

WitchAlchemist

WitchAlchemist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:40 pm
Profiles

If you're going to play the manager or cousin, please make one for them. Although it doesn't necessarily have to be immediately. Just let me know. XD And please PM the profile, do not post in this forum unless you've sent a profile and I've accepted it. Thank you!

[color=postcolor][size=16][b]Character Name[/b][/size][/color]

[size=11][color=postcolor]

I am twenty-three years of age.

Here's a bit about me...[whatever you'd like known about your charrie's life. Do they have siblings/living parents/rich-poor/any special nuances of your friendships with the other boys/traumatic events/etc... Feel free to take liberties if you like, and if you want me to play any siblings or something [actually...I would adore playing a protective[hot-headed?] big brother for [X] now that I think of it] >//> ]

I look like this...[Physical description or a picture are fine. If he's got any tattoos or certain jewelry or something, feel free to mention it here. Incidentally, X has a break-apart puzzle-piece necklace that Ren has the other half of [although X thinks he lost it] that Ren gave to him when they were kids]

And look who's pulling the strings...[your username]

[The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff