Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ponyfinder - A Very Important Package (Open!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:28 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]
  • 5]
  • 6]
  • 7]

[ Premise/Foreword ]
Alright! I announced the possibility of running this game a while back, so here it is! I'm still piecing things together, so please don't lynch the DM if I mess things up a bit!

[ Setting Information/Background ]
This campaign will take place in Equestria's past, just over one thousand years ago. You all have been called upon by an unknown individual, though the message was marked with the royal seal of the Crystal Empire. An odd factor, considering that King Sombra has taken over the Empire. There are a few other Equine settlements across the land, though none of them are particularly large. The exception to this rule being Canterlot, home to Princess Celestia. Things are tense, as Princess Luna was just recently banished to the Moon and the Frozen North (under Sombra's rule) and Canterlot are at war, and Celestia is even more strained than usual. You're not sure what the remains of the Crystal royalty could want from you, but it must be important...

[ Character Creation ]

Banned Resources: Any non-pony races or feats/traits that apply to them

ECL: 5
Gold: Standard
Races: Provided below
Ability Scores*: 4d6, drop lowest and re-roll 1's
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Max first, roll or half after.
Alignments: Good and Neutral
Pantheon: Standard

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] I will need all of you to PM me about your Cutie Marks, so as to collaborate on what it may be, what it represents, and what it's game effect will be.
2]Two traits, no Flaws.

[ Role Call ]

This is just me quoting people who expressed interest in the original announcement of the game.

Southern Cross Nemesis

hedpefan

Callsigncaboose

BegrudginglyGood

Selph Baelzara

Maiku the Paladin

loth17

Ratchetgirl11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:56 pm
Races

Earth Ponies
+2 to One Ability Score: Earth Ponies get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
Medium: Earth Ponies are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Fast Speed: Earth Ponies have a base speed of 40 feet.
Down to Earth: Due to the difficulty of providing a somatic component for a spell while quadruped, Earth Ponies automatically have an arcane spell failure chance of 15%. This percent is counted as if the Earth Pony were wearing light armor, and can be adjusted as such.
Bond to the Land: Earth Ponies gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC when in a specific terrain type selected from the ranger's list of favored terrains. This choice is made at character creation, and cannot be changed.
Adaptability: Earth Ponies receive Skill Focus as a bonus feat at 1st level.
Non-Dexterous: Earth Ponies only grasp (mouth) one item at a time. They can use two-handed weapons, but suffer a -2 penalty when doing so with melee or unmodified ranged weapons. Earth Ponies also suffer a -10 to all checks needing fingers due to the low dexterity of their hooves.
Languages: Earth Ponies begin play speaking Equine. Earth Ponies with a high Intelligence scores can choose any language they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
Cutie Mark: See GM.

Pegusi

+2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution: Pegusi are quick and charming, but their light frame that's critical to flight is weak in combat.
Medium: Pegusi are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Fast Speed: Pegusi have a base speed of 40 feet.
Flight: Pegusi gain the flight ability by use of their wings at level one. At 1st level Pegusi are clumsy ( -8 ), they are poor ( -4 ) and 3rd level, average ( +0 ) at 7th level, good ( +4 ) at 11th level, and perfect ( +8 ) at 15th level.
Super Speed Strut: Pegusi are able to have a speed of 60 feet by use of wings, but only going in a straight line.
Cloudwalk: Pegusi may treat clouds and fog as solid ground or as vapor.
Non-Dexterous: Pegusi only grasp (mouth) one item at a time. They can use two-handed weapons, but suffer a -2 penalty when doing so with melee or unmodified ranged weapons. Pegusi also suffer a -10 to all checks needing fingers due to the low dexterity of their hooves.
Languages: Pegusi begin play speaking Equine. Pegusi with a high Intelligence scores can choose any language they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).

Unicorns

+2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -2 Strength: Unicorns have great strength of mind, but little strength of body.
Medium: Unicorns are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Fast Speed: Unicorns have a base speed of 40 feet.
Unicorn Magic: Unicorns receive a +2 racial bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance. In addition, Unicorns with an Intelligence score of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities: At will - mage hand, prestidigitation; 1/day - locate object (cutie mark), summon item (cutie mark). Unicorns may only use the at will abilities when relating to their cutie mark. The caster level for these effects is equal to the unicorns level. The DC for these spells is 10 + the spell's level + the Unicorn's Intelligence modifier.
Gore: Unicorns have the natural attack gore when attacking with their horn.
Non-Dexterous: Unicorns only grasp (mouth) one item at a time. They can use two-handed weapons, but suffer a -2 penalty when doing so with melee or unmodified ranged weapons. Unicorns also suffer a -10 to all checks needing fingers due to the low dexterity of their hooves.
Languages: Unicorns begin play speaking Equine. Unicorns with a high Intelligence scores can choose any language they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:35 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:47 pm
Bumping for attention...  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:22 pm
One last bump for attention. Based on the one other post, I'm guessing this was a retarded idea that I shouldn't have bothered with, but here's giving this one last try.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:15 pm
Seems interesting...  

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:52 pm
i'd be down for this....  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:55 pm
Well, that's one (maybe two) takers. smile I'd still like to run this, if people want to play.  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:10 pm
being the brony (i hate the term "pegasister") i am, i'm most definitely intrigued by this...i've got another friend who'd probably be down for it as well, just need to check with them sometime tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:14 pm
Random thought. Cavalier e _ e A pony riding a pony  

Ravanan

8,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Dear Princess Molestia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:35 pm
Kyts friend, I'm interested. I'll get started on a character in a little bit.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:40 pm
what the hell... I need a new game.  

Xun Ira

Xun Ira rolled 20 6-sided dice: 6, 5, 6, 3, 1, 5, 1, 6, 6, 2, 1, 4, 4, 6, 5, 6, 4, 5, 5, 2 Total: 83 (20-120)

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:49 pm
Pony Beat down!!!  
Xun Ira rolled 4 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 4, 2 Total: 12 (4-24)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:51 pm
Xun Ira
Pony Beat down!!!

6, 5, 6, 3 17
1, 5, 1, 6 12
6, 2, 1, 4 12
4, 6, 5, 6 17
4, 5, 5, 2 14
5, 1, 4, 2 11  

Xun Ira

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:52 pm
Aaand nearly done with a char.

Here's my various rolls

And here's Swiftfire, Pegasus Rogue

I still need to get his mundane equipment and fine tune stuff (I'm still debating on his name as well), but numbers-wise he should be good to go.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff