Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Big voice, little whisper

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:14 am
Yesterday my niece was praying and saying "Yeah…uh huh…ok." My sister asked her what she was doing and my niece replied "I'm talking to God." So my sister asked her "What does God sound like?" My niece told her "He has a big voice but He talks in a whisper." This shocked me because out of her mouth was a truth that most adults don't even know.

"The Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.”
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.
Then a voice said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?” 1 Kings 19:11-13

God's voice is so big that it rocks our inner most core. Yet what most people, even Christians, don't comprehend is that most of the time He talks in a whisper. The reason they don't know this is because they are too busy drowning Him out that they don't notice.

“Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalms 46:10

If we aren't still then how can will we ever know what He really sounds like?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:20 am
Wow that is amazing! biggrin (her response i met)
And is true!  

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:58 pm
That is amazing. It's good that she has learned this at a young age. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:51 pm
That warms my heart. ^_^ I'm so glad to hear that about your niece. She sounds like she's very wise for her age. : )

I wonder why gaia still hasn't put out tips for posts in guilds yet, because I really want to tip your post. D :  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:55 pm
Br1ttana
That warms my heart. ^_^ I'm so glad to hear that about your niece. She sounds like she's very wise for her age. : )

I wonder why gaia still hasn't put out tips for posts in guilds yet, because I really want to tip your post. D :

She was only three when this happened. It's an old lesson I wrote. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:58 pm
emorhconom esor
Br1ttana

She was only three when this happened. It's an old lesson I wrote. sweatdrop

Lol, well it's still a very good thing that happened and a fantastic post. I don't care how old it is, silly. ^_^  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers