Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Help Please - Thought Life

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

N o r m a R o s e

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:40 am
I am going to try to explain this as best as possible. A trend with my thought life happens when I am close to God that bad thoughts, that I never would think or take pleasure in thinking, keeps popping in my head.

And these are horrible awful thoughts that by the way, I would never think up on my own. And I do my best to battle those thoughts be replacing a start of a bad thought popping up with something good and positive but every once in awhile, those stray bad thoughts pop up that I would NEVER want in my mind.

So not knowing if these are my own thoughts (Good grief I hope not) or the thoughts of the enemy, I pray for some forgiveness every time. And I hear one voice that's chastening, and one voice that says don't worry about it, it's not your fault.

So are these awful thoughts coming from me or the enemy? And how can I combat this better?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:56 am
Do you take any type of medicine? I used to have that happen to me a lot and it turned out it was my medicine. I would lie in bed and randomly have a very morbid thought pop up in my head, like more then normal morbid thought. I changed meds and stopped studying history before bed.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

N o r m a R o s e

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:24 am
The only thing I'm using for medicine right now is a medicated mouthwash.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:31 am
N o r m a R o s e
I am going to try to explain this as best as possible. A trend with my thought life happens when I am close to God that bad thoughts, that I never would think or take pleasure in thinking, keeps popping in my head.

And these are horrible awful thoughts that by the way, I would never think up on my own. And I do my best to battle those thoughts be replacing a start of a bad thought popping up with something good and positive but every once in awhile, those stray bad thoughts pop up that I would NEVER want in my mind.

So not knowing if these are my own thoughts (Good grief I hope not) or the thoughts of the enemy, I pray for some forgiveness every time. And I hear one voice that's chastening, and one voice that says don't worry about it, it's not your fault.

So are these awful thoughts coming from me or the enemy? And how can I combat this better?

Considering you don't normally think up these messed-up thoughts on your own, I would say the devil is using these impulsive thoughts to try and take you down. That means you aren't responsible for those thoughts. You're responsible for controlling and exhibiting mastery over them, but you aren't the cause.

I don't have any ethos when it comes to medication affecting thought life, but I will say that I doubt there's a cure. Satan has found this method affects you the most, so he'll keep attacking you mentally. And he will keep barraging you with more and more suffering when he exploits another area which hurts you more. But just because he's found a different place to afflict you doesn't mean prayer and constant vigilance in God won't work. You will be winning if you keep doing what you're doing--resisting whatever he's throwing at you and seeking God.  

manticore has left

CheyenneServant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:50 pm
Ikatsui-Karite Manticore
N o r m a R o s e

Considering you don't normally think up these messed-up thoughts on your own, I would say the devil is using these impulsive thoughts to try and take you down. That means you aren't responsible for those thoughts. You're responsible for controlling and exhibiting mastery over them, but you aren't the cause.

I don't have any ethos when it comes to medication affecting thought life, but I will say that I doubt there's a cure. Satan has found this method affects you the most, so he'll keep attacking you mentally. And he will keep barraging you with more and more suffering when he exploits another area which hurts you more. But just because he's found a different place to afflict you doesn't mean prayer and constant vigilance in God won't work. You will be winning if you keep doing what you're doing--resisting whatever he's throwing at you and seeking God.

The exact same thing happened to me. It says in the bible "resist the devil and He will flee you"
You must keep praying and trying to be closer to God. It's the devil trying to mess with you, pull you away.
I got those things out of my head but just putting effort in my relationship with God. Also cut out any sin that you're doing because sin opens a door for demons to come in and try to destroy you. If you watch tv that's had bad things in it sex, drugs, ect, STOP watching, if you listen to music about bad things like sex and partying, STOP
If there's a sin keeping you from being close to God, Give it up. When you sin you open the door for demons and it pulls you from God.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:41 am
Thank you guys for your advice. That's what I thought that it was a trap from Satan.

I can only go up from here. I love God very much and we have grown very close in the last week.

N o r m a R o s e

Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff