Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Restaurant and Lucky bar ~ NPC Owned Business ~ London Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:04 pm
Do I stress you out?
My sweater is on backwards and inside out!
And you say "how appropriate."
I don't want to dissect everything today...
I don't mean to pick you apart you see...
But I can't help it.

User Image
M O R V E N
G R A I N N E
V A S S

FORMER SLYTHERINBLOOD TRAITORWITCH WATCHER

Morven was not really sure why they were going out to lunch- not that she was complaining, because it was a meal, not eaten at work in a lunchroom that made her want to rip her hair out, even if it was a meal they'd probably be splitting the bill for. Honestly, after a summer of getting accustomed to work and moving out of the cottage from hell and into a flat with her best friend, it was nice to have an excuse to dress up and do more than the minimal amount of effort required with hair and makeup and whatnot. Work was... well, it wasn't very boring, not with a bunch of escaped murderers roaming the British Isles, so, you know, it was always lovely to look forward to updates on the last known location of so-and-so and ooh, here's a picture of the latest mutilated corpses- she was exaggerating. A bit.

So yeah, lunch was nice. It wasn't as if either of them could afford some ritzy place to go out to eat at the moment so the Lucky it was. She slipped in the door and blinked, trying to adjust from the bright autumn sunshine outside (imagine that, sunshine, maybe she was hallucinating), to the in contrast far dimmer interior of the pub. Morven still wasn't sure exactly why they were meeting for lunch other than to have a chance to chat when they weren't both exhausted and irritable, and maybe that was just it. Then again Camila was already at the bar so maybe not. The redhead slipped into a seat beside her friend and said nothing for a moment, pale blue eyes flickering from the recently refilled glass to her friend to the bartender. "Mint julep," she ordered sweetly, and then bluntly, "What's happened? Or- what hasn't happened? You look..," she tilted her head slightly to the side. "Jittery's probably not the right word."

OOC:
Essy ze Ninja

There I go jumping before the gunshot has gone off;
Slap me with a splintered ruler!
And it would knock me to the floor if I wasn't there already.
If only I could hunt the hunter...
And all I really want is some patience;
A way to calm the angry voice.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:17 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
____________________________________________________________________________________
sσмє тнιиɢs scяαтcн тнє sυяғαcє ωнιℓє σтнєяs sтяιкє αт чσυя sσυℓ

_______

Half bent over the counter, Camila slurped at the black straw. She propped her chin up on the palm of her hand, her elbow leaning as far down the counter top as she could stretch and watched the time tick by on the clock hanging on the wall. It was a dusty clock; the fact that she even noticed was starting to make her think that she was going mental from the bubble of silence she was trapped in. Looking up to cross her dark chestnut eyes with a shade of arctic blue, Camila exaggerated a long sigh and said, ”Ugghh, finally.” Somehow, whatever tension that evil little voice in the back of her head had caused her was starting to wan now that Morven was here. After ordering a drink, her best friend managed to go an entire pause before calling her out. That had to be like a record, right? Camila sighed again, her head dropped backwards until she was staring up at the ceiling. ”S'that obvious then?” She forced herself upright, if only by promising herself another sip of her drink (which she happily obliged in.)

”Okay, sooo,” she bit her lip and paused, hands hanging in the air preparing for whatever theatrics her tipsy arse was about to throw down. ”Say there's this guy, right? I mean, no, wait, bugger that. Suppose... Ugh..” After flailing her hands for a minute, they slid back to their place wrapped around her glass and all she could do was pretend to not see Morven burning a stare into the side of her head as she slurped the rest of her drink dry. Finally, after another stretch of playing with the fat of her skin along her cheek and chin, she finally blurted out, ”So what do you think about Elijah, anyway? I mean... I know he's quirky but...” She was chewing on her nails now, and she didn't even realize it. As soon as she noticed she was chipping her polish, she stopped and tied her fingers together in her lap. ”I don't know, maybe we'd just be better off as friends...?” And then her little insecure arse can go back to snogging the gits that she meets at work, yea? Because that's always worked out, right?

OOC:// I'm slow; I suck a life. orz]

╔════════════════════╗
Restaurant and Lucky bar
Whiskey in a Teacup
19 yrs5' 6"142lbs
╚════════════════════╝

The Forgotten Weasley

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:54 pm
Do I stress you out?
But I can't help it.

User Image
M O R V E N
G R A I N N E
V A S S

Morven rolled her eyes. "You could have told me the situation was this desperate." She brightened when her drink was placed in front of her, murmured a thanks, and took a sip before continuing, "Not that I'm complaining about getting to drink this early in the day." She legitimately had no idea what any of this was about, but enjoyed pretending that she did, and shifted impatiently as Camila struggled to get to the point, something Morven quite legendarily had little patience for. "This guy," she repeated a bit mockingly, but did cut herself off and listen when the other girl went on. "This is about Eli Pemberton?" she blurted out in a tone of hushed but amused disbelief. "Elijah- we went to school with him for seven years," she rolled her eyes. She was being over dramatic; they had never been good friends with him, but still. It wasn't like it was some mysterious stranger. "Quirky," the redhead said bluntly, "Is an understatement. Mittens with cats on them are quirky. He's completely mad." She paused for effect and took another sip of her julep. "But be that as it may, he's also very fit- and nice-ish. And you could do with a nice-ish bloke." Morven quirked her head to the side. "And you know he used to be friendly with Cathy- I know- but he dropped her like a dishrag, sooooo-," She shrugged. "You'd have to be the one to make the first move, you know he wouldn't. I'd do it." Should she be giving out relationship advice? Her first kiss had been at age sixteen with Seymour bloody Ryans while covered in dirt the morning after a full moon. And she was still with Seymour bloody Ryans, so that said a lot.

OOC:
Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:52 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
____________________________________________________________________________________
sσмє тнιиɢs scяαтcн тнє sυяғαcє ωнιℓє σтнєяs sтяιкє αт чσυя sσυℓ

_______

Camila snorted and rolled her eyes; they both knew there was fat chance of that. Neither one of them were the sort to want to 'talk through their feelings'. Scream and yell and blame and point the finger? Hell bloody yeah! But actually talk? Highly unlikely. (And thank you alcohol for being able to fix almost all of life's problems. Now if only it could fix her romance life then she'd be sitting pretty.) ”I didn't know you were capable of not complaining...” Camila joked, hiding her smirk behind a round black straw. And prepared her arsenal of comebacks just in case Morven decided to be quippy. She would honestly prefer that then the alternative (aka talking about her problems, Merlin forbid.) But she was here on a mission! She couldn't let herself get sidetracked because she's too busy being a proper moist t**t.

Deliberately glancing side ways, Camila didn't openly face Morven until she blabbed out the blokes name for everyone to hear! (Okay not really, but still!) ”Yes Eli.” Camila said defensively. She huffed at her friend's notion and shrugged her shoulder. ”You mean the seven years where we basically avoided everyone like they were mountain trolls.” Camila laughed and shook her head and continued, ”Then yes.” Clearly embarrassed, or perhaps just too tipsy, her cheeks flushed red and she couldn't hold Morven's gaze anymore and instead focused on anything that happened to move.

Occasionally, Camila would smile, laugh, or try to suppress a grin at every reference to Eli. Morven hit the nail right on the head with that one. He really is a nutter, but that was half the charm wasn't it? He could always find a way to cheer her up and make her laugh. ”Uggghh, don't remind me,” Camila rolled her eyes heavily at the mention of Cathy; if anyone was her arch-nemesis, it was her. Not that the blonde even knew—or at least she didn't think so. But who knows? It wasn't like Camila's the type to be 'hush hush' about her opinions. ”But you're right... I could do with a nice-ish bloke...” her voice trailed off as she considered the possibility. It wasn't like she was getting anywhere with the men she met at work. And anyway, why risk the drama? Shagging the wrong bloke could mean her quitting (or getting fired,) and she didn't want to take that chance. ”Hnnng, but what if he doesn't like me?” She was just whinging now and she knew it. But she couldn't help herself. ”Guess I'll just have to feel like a git and lock myself in my room for a few days.... We still have ice cream at the house, yeah?” It's never too early to prepare for a pity party, right?

[OOC:// ]

╔════════════════════╗
Restaurant and Lucky bar
Whiskey in a Teacup
19 yrs5' 6"142lbs
╚════════════════════╝

[quote="The Forgotten Weasley]

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:22 am
Do I stress you out?
But I can't help it.

User Image
M O R V E N
G R A I N N E
V A S S

Morven narrowed her eyes and took a long drag like sip of the drink, then swallowed reflectively before saying, "Hm." This non-answer, she thought a tad indignantly, was just proof of her dedication here. She wasn't letting this devolve into a battle of wits and passive aggressive mockery because she cared too much. Or, she didn't care enough. Either way, she leaned back a little in her seat with an 'oh, pardon me' expression at her friend's defensive answer. "They might as well have been mountain trolls," she scoffed. "We didn't exactly attend school with the creme de la creme, if you hadn't noticed."

Honestly, who had they even graduated with? Kalin and Thane and their epic romance, in which Kalin had never seemed to stop smiling, and Thane had never seemed to be able to wipe that disgusting smirk off his face, Cathy bloody League and her habit of annoying everyone in a five mile radius, Camila's adopted brother, who'd constantly wandered around in a daze with flowers in his hair like they were at a music festival, her stepbrother, who'd been an odious little toad whinging about everything under the sun, Eli the Madman and Danica the Saint, Celaena Snow, whose boyfriend had died, and that was all Morven could remember about her, and poor Gene Windsor, who had ended up trapped in Cathy's manicured talons. Really, it'd been akin to a circus sideshow. Thank the gods she never saw any of them but Cami anymore.

"If he doesn't like you-," she gave the brunette an appraising once over, "He's blind as well as mad. Unless he's more into blondes- he did date Stewart for a year or two, but they were little, I doubt they did more than hold hands and coo at each other." She rolled her eyes dismissively. "Of course we have ice cream- if there's ever not ice cream at the house assume I'm dead. Not that you'll need it." Now she smirked. "You just need the right plan of attack." See, this was going to be fun.

OOC:
Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:17 pm
User Image
                                                  So what if you could see me know
                                                  Would you recognize your son
                                                  Am I disappointing you
                                                  Would you know what I have done

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

S̶̲̅ʟ̶̲̅ʏ̶̲̅ᴛ̶̲̅ʜ̶̲̅ᴇ̶̲̅ʀ̶̲̅ɪ̶̲̅ɴ̶̲̅ ̶̲̅A̶̲̅ʟ̶̲̅ᴜ̶̲̅ᴍ̶̲̅ɴ̶̲̅ɪ || A̶̲̅ʟ̶̲̅ᴛ̶̲̅ᴇ̶̲̅ʀ̶̲̅ E̶̲̅ɢ̶̲̅ᴏ || P̶̲̅ᴜ̶̲̅ʀ̶̲̅ᴇ̶̲̅ʙ̶̲̅ʟ̶̲̅ᴏ̶̲̅ᴏ̶̲̅ᴅ̶̲̅ ̶̲̅V̶̲̅ᴀ̶̲̅ᴍ̶̲̅ᴘ̶̲̅ɪ̶̲̅ʀ̶̲̅ᴇ

════════════════════════

He'd gotten damn lucky to actually be able to snag control before Dante could do anything. That was Virgie's thoughts, and he looked around the bar he was now situated in with a mix of disgust and annoyance. The location was most definitely a muggle establishment, and one that Virgil had obviously frequented during his drinking heyday as when he seated himself at the bar, the bartender had passed him a drink with a question about his hair colour. Virgil and Dante might have been comfortable with being a freak of a halfbreed, but Virgie had standards. Dante had murdered their father in cold blood, and seemed to be quite pleased with himself. Virgie, on the other hand, had been horrified and fought constantly to gain control to fix the mess the other two had put them into.

Such as his attempts tonight. He'd woken long before the others, and had fed. Which made the alter ill to realize that this was what Dante did every night, but the fact remained it was now a necessity. However, he didn't have to stick with their perversions. Supposedly Virgil and the... man... were supposed to meet up and spend time together. However, Virgie had other plans. Virgie was intent on doing his duty as heir, no matter the idea that the b*****d was supposedly the head of the family. The idea made Virgie's nose crinkle, and he took a tiny sip of the drink before him, finding disgust with the drink itself as he could never understand Virgil's obsession with it. Darius as the head, that was unthinkable, and Virgie swore he was going to kill the mutt. His sister and her being the reason for their turning? She avoided Virgil like the plague, no matter how many times Virgil tried to prove that he'd changed. He would never forgive her, not when she had gotten Virgil killed for her actions with a mudblood.

His eyes picked out the inhabitants, wondering how many were wizards and how many were not. Somehow he doubted any were, and Virgie was met with a sudden urge to see if he could find someone, anyone, to talk to. He never spoke or did anything, and it was grating. Therefore he was determined to do something to remedy it. Finally deciding enough was enough, he walked out of the bar. No one said he had to stay in London, and guaranteed he wouldn't find pureboods haunting a muggle place. He knew of other places that would, and after rounding a corner, disapparated from view.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Virgil frequented hellholes like this?
                                                  OOC:

-☣-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

So what if you could kill me now
                                                  What if you could end it here
                                                  What if you could live somehow
                                                  Would you even shed a tear

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Brenden Stanford
Muggle Father
Barista

Location: Restaurant and Lucky bar

Brenden wasn’t sure about this meeting with Tiffany. In fact, he wasn’t even sure how he talked himself into it. Although it was true that they needed to talk about the girls and such, he didn’t know exactly how well it would go. He was still very much the horrible father who was unfit to raise his first born child. In turn that left her abandoned because of stupidity and eventually found in the women’s care. Perhaps it was best for the time but it still didn’t make up for passed mistakes.

The blonde man was pretty sure Tiffany still potentially held that against him in some way. Hell, he still blamed himself for it. Even still it was best the two talked over lunch that way it was less awkward then it already was. On the side, it could hopefully help them in getting to know each other as well. After all it was very clear that a world where both of them weren’t in the girls lives no longer exists.

“So, how have you been? Hear from the girls since they left for school?” Brenden asked her. Chances were if he’d heard from them so had she since the letters he got seemed to be addressed from the both of them. He wasn’t sure if it was Gabby’s idea or Gertie’s but he was happy about it.

With: Tiffany

Wearing: Casual Attire

OOC: Sorry for the wait and I would say yes she has. Nothing but good stuff to say emotion_c8

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sιηgℓє Mσтнєя Rανєηcℓαω Aℓυмηα Ƥσтισηєєя

Tiffany was more than terrified about meeting with Brenden. What if he told her he wanted to claim custody of Gertrude? Could he even do that?! It was only on her daughter's insistence that she was even meeting the man, so he had to be alright, didn't he? They were meeting at a muggle restaurant, and briefly she wondered why, before remembering the man himself was non-magical. She'd left her house early, arriving near the place. A deep sigh escaped her, and she calmly walked to the inside.

The waiter directed her to Brenden's table, where she sat and shuffled nervously. She had to at least try to make friends with the blonde, given that it seemed obvious he'd be intermingled in their lives forever now. He asked how she was, then asked about the girls. Honestly, it surprised her a bit that he chose to ask on her first. "I've been fine. Moshtly working all the time. I need thomething to do with Gertie in thcool, after all." A nervous chuckle left her, but she kept going, now on the topic of the girls. "I've heard from Gertie. The ith very good about writing. It thounds like everything ith fine and dandy. Nothing but good newth." A small smile flicked over her lips, the woman nervously twirling a lock of her hair. "How have you been? I take it you've altho heard from the girlth?"

{{OoC: Not the best post, sorry D: I wanted to at least get something up for you!}}
murruelecreuset

I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ Ɗᴀᴅᴅʏ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴍᴇ: “Ƒᴀɪʀʏᴛᴀʟᴇѕ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴇ. Ƴᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ 'ᴇᴍ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ, ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅѕ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ"
Sᴏ I ᴡᴏʀᴋ ʀᴇᴀʟ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ, ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜɪɴɢѕ ꜰᴏʀ ѕᴜʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ
Jᴜѕᴛ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ᴅᴏ. Lᴏᴏᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ʙᴏʏѕ, I'ᴍ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ!
Ƭʜᴇʀᴇ'ѕ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʀɪᴀʟѕ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀɪʙᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴѕ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴍʏ ѕʜᴀʀᴇ
Ɓᴜᴛ I'ᴠᴇ ᴄʟɪᴍʙᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴ, I'ᴠᴇ ᴄʀᴏѕѕᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪᴠᴇʀ
Aɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴀʟᴍᴏѕᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:42 pm
Brenden Stanford
Muggle Father
Barista

Location: Restaurant and Lucky bar

Brenden sipped away at a glass of water as he waited for Tiffany. When she arrived, he set his glass down and greeted her politely. He was glad to her she’d been doing fine. Ultimately her bring up working made him wonder what she did for a living. After all he wasn’t well acquainted with the wizarding community. Not as much as some. He only knew what he knew because of the girls. Speaking of which it seemed Tiffany heard from Gertie, no surprise there.

“I’m been good. Been working myself now that I have the empty flat. Though I can only work so many shifts at the coffee shop.” Brenden answered, he really didn’t like having an empty flat it was sort of lonely. “Yes, I have. Gertie says she’s enjoying all her new classes and Hogsmeade. And, Gabby made it on the, quidditch… team? Not exactly sure what that is but I assume it’s sports related. She’s certainly happy about it though.” He shared with her. “It’s surprisingly more difficult then I thought it would be. But I’m glad Gabby has someone who can relate to her.” Honestly Gertie was helpful for the younger girl even if she wouldn’t admit it.

With: Tiffany

Wearing: Casual Attire

OOC: Here we are. It's not much but it's up.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:50 am
User Image
                                                Just a young gun with a quick fuse
                                                I was uptight, wanna let loose
                                                I was dreaming of bigger things
                                                And wanna leave my old life behind

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

$lутнёґїп Alцмпї || Hєad Hїт Шїzaяd || HalfЬlооd

════════════════════════

Darius stalked into the bar, annoyed that it had taken this long to track down his brother. He would have hexed Virgil for all of this, but he wasn't sure if it was a good idea. Go figure, Virgil just had to get an upgrade in his danger level by becoming a damned vampire, and Darius had to deal with the fact that it was likely Virgil that murdered their father. Not that Shaw didn't have it coming, but Darius always had figured it'd be him that murdered him, not the perfect son. Then again, Virgil had given away the entire estate to Darius before Shaw's escape, so it was kind of a surprise that he'd never gotten a visit from their father while he was still alive. However, he had another problem to deal with, and his nose crinkled at the idea. His brother had a son, and likely had no idea. How the hell that was possible, Darius had no clue, but considering that Virgil had fallen off the face of the planet, he could hazard a guess.

Spotting someone with white hair, he blinked and did a double-take. He was sure that Jaslyn was the only one in the family with white hair, and yet there was Virgil, sporting it all the same and looking no older than mid-twenties at the latest. He also seemed to be nursing a drink and looking around the bar, which caused Darius's hair to stand on end. If Virgil had the inclination, Darius held no illusions that he would slaughter the entire bar. Crazy arse. However, he made sure his wand was easily accessible as he approached.
                                                "Virgil."

Virgil cocked an eyebrow, and Darius could swear there was a hint of amusement in Virgil's eyes before he took a sip of his drink. "Dante, actually." Darius blinked, looking at Virgil confused before Virgil clarified. "You addressed me as Virgil, but he's asleep right now. I'm Dante. Nice to see the scar I gave you is still there. Must have kept it for that 'dangerous' look, didn't you?"

Darius stared for a moment before shaking himself. "Bloody hell, you weren't kidding when you said you weren't fit to lead the family. Shite." Then his eyes narrowed as he realized what 'Dante' had just said. "You were the one that attacked me in seventh year?"

'Dante' smirked and clapped. "Bravo, mutt. You didn't take long to figure that out. Though, I am surprised you decided to seek me out." 'Dante' scanned the room appraisingly before his eyes settled back on Darius. "Here to take me in for murdering our father? It won't do you much good. I have no intention of going quietly. Besides, that piece of excrement deserved to die. You know why as well as I do."

Darius was sorely tempted to tell 'Dante' that yes, that was exactly why he was here, but refrained. If nothing else, Darius wasn't sure that Dante wouldn't obliterate the bar in an attempt to escape. Not that Dare wasn't capable of taking down known criminals, but he'd never been called in to take down a vampire before. "No, I'm not. I'm here on another matter." He sat down, stretching his long legs in front of him while crossing his arms. "You've got a kid."

Dante narrowed his eyes and snorted. "Impossible. I've never had sex with a woman before. Neither has Virgil. I'd know if I had or not."

"Funny, that's not what Phaedra Fawley told me. She told me that you'd met her and between the two of you, produced a child." Darius leaned forward, resting his arms on the table. "Kind of hard to deny it when she told me the kid was half-vampire."

Dante froze, his mouth drawing into a fine line before he looked about. Gesturing with one hand, he murmured a spell before Darius realized he'd cast Muffliato. "Half-vampire?"

Darius nodded, his gaze never leaving Dante's in case this turned violent. "Well, she called the kid 'vampire spawn', but the effect's still the same. Hunted me down in my office and everything to tell me that bit of news." Leaning back, he speared Dante with a look. "Now, if you've never had sex with a woman before, how the hell do you explain the fact that it's your kid? Not that many people I know that have red eyes."

Dante scowled. "That ******** brat." Darius suddenly found his hand hovering near his wand as it looked like Dante was about to get violent. "That ******** piece of shite got loose! How the hell did that happen?"

Darius frowned, confused. "Um, what brat? The hell are you talking about?"

Dante however waved away Darius's confusion with a hand. "Something that needs to just accept the fact that I'm never letting him out again and he can just die for all I care." When that just caused Darius to continue staring at Dante in confusion, he continued. "Virgil's really ******** up. I'm one of three people in here. Another's Virgil, and then there's the brat. Only reason he exists is because I got tired of listening to Megan Steele."

Darius blinked. "Megan Steele. You mean the crazy arse that keeps cropping up and causing murders? That Megan Steele?"

Dante rolled his eyes. "Do you know of any other psycho bitches? Yes, that crazy arse. Please keep up." Dante then smirked. "Or don't. I don't particularly care. Suffice it to say, I haven't been associated with her in well over a decade. You can stop looking like she's going to walk through the door at any time now. I'd eat her before I dealt with her again."

Darius crossed his arms, frowning. "As enlightening as this conversation is and as tempted as I am to take your arse in for the crime of murdering Shaw Ross, there's still the problem that I'm taking care of your son."

"You raise him." At Darius's incredulous expression, Dante rolled his eyes. "I'm not sane and you know it, and I'm around vampires more often than not. Right now he needs actual parents, not parents that are only there part-time. You're still with that Rich girl, right?"

"Belle, yes." Darius shook his head. "If you're expecting me to raise your hellion, you're even crazier than you realize though."

Dante snorted and shook his head. "Again, you're safer for the kid to be around than I am right now, and don't think for a moment I won't want to raise the boy when he gets older. I just can't right now since he's what? An infant, maybe a year?" Dante levelled a gaze at him, crossing his own arms and studying him. "Besides, you're much better to raise him than Jaslyn is. She hates me and would never let me see my own son."

Darius glared at Dante. "You're assuming I don't hate you enough to deny you that right as well. You're nuts and dangerous."

Dante smiled then, and Darius was convinced there was some sort of conspiracy behind everyone around him smiling. Besides Belle, everyone seemed to smile before screwing him over. His former boss had right before promoting him, and Phaedra had right before announcing Virgil's vampirism to Darius. "You hate me, but you won't decide to use any familial ties to try and manipulate me. You're much too honourable for that shite. Funny, since you're as much of a Slytherin as I am." Dante then stood, waving a hand to dismiss the spell before he cocked an eyebrow at Darius. "What is his name, anyway? You hadn't said. I might as well know what his name is even if I don't remember anything about his conception."

Darius hesitated, but figured Dante couldn't do any harm by knowing. Not as much harm as he could do otherwise, in any case. "Eitan. His name's Eitan. He's also not one yet. He won't turn that until April."

"Eitan Ross. Interesting ring to it. At least Phaedra didn't screw that up." Dante turned then, but not before giving Darius one last look. "Oh, congratulations on your own kids, I guess. Sorry to hear your wife couldn't have any children, but maybe you won't ******** up your kids as much as our father did us."

Dante walked out, leaving Darius alone considering his words. The scary part was, while Dante had called him a mutt, there wasn't nearly as much venom as there usually was behind it. Darius wasn't sure, but he almost swore that Dante had sounded like Virgil always had before the whole mess with the family blew up. Either that, or Darius was going crazy himself and thinking Dante actually sounded sane. Regardless, he quickly ordered a drink. He needed one after that conversation.

════════════════════════

Thinking: That was... different.
                                                OOC:

-❤-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Not a yes-sir, not a follower
                                                Fit the box, fit the mold
                                                Have a seat in the foyer, take a number
                                                I was lightning before the thunder

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:34 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Lucky Restaurant
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Puck
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Date Night
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Why did they close?

Dris felt horrible. All week he'd been hyping up his favorite restaurant to Puck, and after he'd picked her up, they discovered the building was under construction. Apparently there had been a small fire earlier and he simply hadn't known. So now they were walking to another little restaurant, though admittedly one he'd only eaten at a couple odd times. At least he was pretty sure they weren't going to be closed. He looked over at Puck, who looked absolutely charming, then down at his outfit, which admittedly made him feel a little cooler. "So... um... I'm sorry again. I didn't know they were closed. I promise I would have picked somewhere else if I knew." He bit his lip, hoping she didn't think the whole date was ruined and he was a loser or anything.

They arrived at the Lucky Restaurant, which wasn't Dris' ideal, but it would work... probably. He led Puck inside, gingerly leading her over to the restaurant side. He really didn't want either to get intoxicated, though he had to admit a part of that was that he was scared of Puck's parents killing him... or hell, his own. He grinned awkwardly at her as they were seated at a high top. Which he didn't mind, given his feet just about reached the floor completely. "I hope you like this place. I mean... I haven't really eaten here enough to vouch for their quality. So, if they're not good, I'm super sorry." He scratched the back of his neck, a small blush on his cheeks. This wasn't part of his plan, and that meant he was going to be even more awkward around her, which he didn't particularly want. He'd have to be really quick on his feet for this to work.

Yukina101

Aʟʟ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀsᴛ ʟᴀɴᴇ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴ' ꜰʀᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ
Oɴᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ʟᴏɴᴇ ʀᴇᴅ ʀᴏᴠᴇʀ
I'ᴍ ᴀ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴍʏ ᴄᴀʀᴅs ᴄʟᴏsᴇ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡʀᴇᴄᴋ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ
I'ᴍ ᴀ ꜰɪʀsᴛ-ᴄʟᴀss ʟᴇᴛ-ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴀ "sʜᴜᴛ ᴜᴘ, sɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ"
I ᴀᴍ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴄᴀsᴇ, I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀ ᴏꜰ ʙᴏᴏᴍ. Iᴛ's ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀʀʀɪᴠɪɴɢ,
Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇʀᴀ, ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴏɴ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴛᴜɴᴇ
Oʜ, ʜᴏᴡ ᴅɪᴅ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs? Oʜ, ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴀ Pᴏʟᴀʀᴏɪᴅ
Bᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴀɴ ꜰɪʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏɪᴅ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:33 pm
Been traveling in packs that I can't carry anymore
Been waiting for somebody else to carry me
There's nothing else there for me at my door
All the people I know aren't who they used to be

User Image

Sαłeм'š Ałυм ▨ Mυggłeвøяи ▨ Tħeαтeя Aššıšтαит

☯⚝ϟIf asked later, Puck would admit to feeling guilty about the whole restaurant mishap despite how ridiculous it might sound to someone. Over the week of them texting back and forth (and learning Dris had an instagram which she immediately began following) she'd tried very very hard to become excited over this supposed amazing restaurant he was going to take her to. Same said restaurant that when she looked it up on Google mainly showed pictures of hipsters in their natural habitat. It literally gave her hives watching all these people enjoy their admittedly good looking food and drinks all of them looking like rejects from a Doctor Who convention, but she was going to suck it up and go anyway because she liked Dris and enjoyed his company. But she also might've maybe given some negative thoughts over to her stones and done a tarot reading of the happenstance of an indie concert happening across town that all the regulars would go to leaving only normal people behind.

So, with these facts in hand, does she think the restaurant randomly catching on fire and having to close for renovations right before their big date was her fault? A little. Was she ever going to tell Dris? Not tonight that was for damn sure. Still, she felt bad for thinking his flustering was so adorable when he had obviously tried very hard to make this date a good one. "Like I've told you a dozen times before, it's ok! All that matters is that we're going to eat eventually. And I suppose your company isn't too terrible either." Puck replied, her eyes sparkling with amusement. He really had tried, which was allot more than some of her previous boyfriends. Her last one barely took them on dates at all, which was somewhat understandable considering they were in their last year of school and pretty much forced to study every waking minute of the day. But a little thought would've mattered.

When they arrived at the new restaurant she was subtly impressed by how it looked as she was lead in and put at a high top table. Part of her was a bit put out since she sorta wanted a booth to enjoy the cosines with a hint of awkward foot touching, but she was also glad because she always hated the awkward sliding bounce you'd have to do to get into a booth. As she climbed into her seat (thankful she'd gone for a clunkier heel) Puck paid no notice to how certain attributes jiggled as she got into place instead still snickering as her companion continued apologizing. "Ohmygod, ok, new rule for tonight! Every time you say 'I'm sorry' for something that isn't your fault, like the restaurant catching on fire, then you have to tell me something embarrassing about yourself. That should hopefully make you stop, no matter how adorable they may be." s**t, had she said that out loud? Huh, well there was no taking it back so she just sorta internally shrugged and went with it.

Miss Gryffindork

And if I try to change my life one more day
There would be nobody else to save
And I can't change into a person I don't wanna be, so
Oh, it's Saturday night, yeah

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:22 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Why did they close?

Dris flushed when Puck told him it was alright yet again, and he felt a little bad for apologizing. He didn't really know what else to do, though he vaguely wondered if this was why his one and only date with Chrys had ended the way it had. He shook his head to remove those thoughts, knowing the real reason was they were better as friends, which was true. They were great friends. But he hoped with probably way too much hope that this wouldn't be a last date with Puck. He really liked her, and genuinely hope she'd want to keep seeing him. "I know, I know. I'm excited to eat too, though I put my company ahead of location. At least... I do with you." He grinned at her, still glad he'd managed to get her for another visit.

After they were seated and he was in his seat, he looked over just in time to see Puck's.... assets jiggling as she lifted herself into the chair. He tilted his head back, a blush overtaking him. Hopefully she didn't notice, but he figured since he could feel the heat creeping down his neck, it was almost guaranteed she knew he was blushing.... again. After apologizing over the menu, she chuckled at him, then placed a new rule. Apparently every time he apologized she'd have him tell an embarrassing story. "I feel like this is unfairly targeted here. I apologize all the time. I mean, this morning I ran into a door and apologized to it. It just happens. But, I will take you up on your bet. Do I owe you one for the last apology, or am I at zero?" A mischievous smile slipped onto his face, eyes twinkling in excitement. It was rare he had such bets on the line, after all.

Yukina101

Aʟʟ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀsᴛ ʟᴀɴᴇ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴ' ꜰʀᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:57 pm
Been traveling in packs that I can't carry anymore
Been waiting for somebody else to carry me
There's nothing else there for me at my door
All the people I know aren't who they used to be

User Image

Sαłeм'š Ałυм ▨ Mυggłeвøяи ▨ Tħeαтeя Aššıšтαит

☯⚝ϟPuck scoffed a bit at Dris' words over how he put his company ahead of location, but this was more for her trying to hide the small smile they caused than any annoyance she may have felt. She still wasn't accustomed to his random suave moments so she hadn't formulated how to properly get past them without either giggling like a mad hen or blushing bright enough to be considered a solar flare. So instead she settled for hiding behind sarcasm which you know, has been working for half her life so why change? Though from how far he was titling his head backwards, she wasn't the only one that easily succumbed to visual embarrassment. She wanted to question what it was that caused it but given how he was avoiding her general direction, she could pretty much guess and attempted to hide her laughter in the guise of looking through the menu. It was nice short and simple, which was good because she was honestly close to starving at this point, so it didn't take her long to chose what she wanted to order.

Pausing her perusal of the drink menu (she was pretty sure it was as long as the actual menu), Puck laughed outright as Dris lightly protested her new rule before asking if they were starting now or with a clean slate. She made a show of thinking over it before her own smirk took over. "I'll be nice I guess and put you at zero, but I'm pretty sure it won't stay that way for long." she teased before looking back over the drinks. As much fun as it could be to test Dris' alcohol limitations, she figured that was more of a second or third date option rather than a first. "What're you getting? I haven't had a proper BLT in forever so I think I'll go for that. My mom decided to go vegetarian for whatever reason, so my mother is also joining in for moral support leaving me to go hunt and forage in the wilds of Livingston." Puck huffed and faux pouted. It wasn't all bad, she wasn't a huge meat eater so there had been previous times where she might've gone a whole day without meat. But it was the fact that now it was forbidden that she started craving the s**t even more. It was friggen maddening!

Miss Gryffindork

And if I try to change my life one more day
There would be nobody else to save
And I can't change into a person I don't wanna be, so
Oh, it's Saturday night, yeah

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:38 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I can't stop apologizing!

Dris scoured the menu, humming softly as he debated between a few things. Finally, he decided on the small shepherd's pie, since it sounded really good. They debated his apologies, and Puck said she would be nice and settle it on zero. To that, he laughed. "I thank you. Although, it doesn't matter too much, given that I have a list a kilometer long of embarrassing stories. Especially if you ask my parents... or friends... sister... anyone, really." He chuckled, grinning as he did so. He looked around for a waitress, suddenly rather thirsty. Luckily, he knew their raspberry tea was fantastic. At least it was something non-alcoholic, given he didn't know Puck's thoughts on alcohol. Chance, he knew hated it, so he never took chances (haha) on the subject.

When Puck asked about his meal, Dris looked at her. Apparently she was in the mood for a BLT, and he didn't blame her. It did sound good. She explained that her mom went vegetarian, and her mother followed. He furrowed his eyebrows as he pieced it together. Their situations were the similar, but opposite. "We're similar in our immediate families. Except, y'know, opposite. Like, we both have a younger sibling of the opposite gender, two parents of the same gender which is also the same as our genders. Like... I've got two dads and a younger sister, and you've got the opposite! Two mums and a little brother. It's... interesting! And a statistical miracle. I love it!" He grinned brightly, proud of his own astute (albeit very random and late) observation. After a second, he blushed and his smile fell a bit. "I'm... I'm sorry, you knew that already and I'm weird for caring about the numbers." He paused, then sighed softly. "And that was an apology, wasn't it? I'm sorry... damn it." He pinched the bridge of his nose and exhaled heavily, then looked up at Puck. This was going well so far... right? If nothing else, she'd be getting a laugh, though at his expense.

Yukina101

Shopping in the UK

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash