Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Shaftesbury Avenue ~ Street ~ London Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:06 pm
Nothing is holding you back now
No one can push you around
What do you wanna do your the master of you and
Isn't the thought enough to lift you off of the ground
Nothing is holding me back now

User Image
User Image

Gʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍ ☀ Cʟᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Dᴇsɪɢɴᴇʀ ☀ Mᴇᴛᴀᴍᴏʀᴘʜᴀɢᴜs

❃❂❁Chanda pouted at the man's response because hey! Batman was still interesting! And all his kids were adorable-even the homicidal ones! Xe wasn't actually the biggest fan of the detective comics, truly only liking them for side characters or their spin offs, most notable being the villains. But they'd always had a soft spot for all the Robin's and various children the eccentric billionaire had collected over the years. Which reminded them to pick up a younger easier to read comic for their niblings. Never too young to start was practically a family mantra at this point. Chanda just hummed in amusement as Will backtracked nervously over using their first name so familiar. "It's alright, going by my last name in school was honestly a chore. Chanda is perfectly fine."

They collected their armful of comics and decided to take a quick peek at figurines before completing xis purchasing all the while still watching and listening to Will. "Completely understand; this is actually my first free day in a uh, long while." xe admitted sheepishly scratching at their cheek fuzz. "I'm working on a line of gender neutral clothing for kids. I mean, anyone can buy it-obviously-but like, my main interest is kids clothing. What about you?" they tried not to but they eyed the other quickly to maybe see if they could find a clue as to what their occupation could be. Xe couldn't remember most of the classes they shared other than the core few so it could arguably be anything. They did remember though that he'd been a dueling member and had even seen a few of his matches. It was possibly he was on the dueling circuit which would've been rather cool.

No one can push me around
What do I wanna be
I'm the master of me
And isn't the thought enough to lift me off of the ground
We could be independent together
Independent together we can fly
User Image
Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:36 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Shaftsbury Ave Comic Shop
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Chanda, probably (and Larry, but he doesn't count)
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Browsing Comics
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? What does one do on a day off?

Will still felt a bit bad for using Chanda's first name, but it seemed they didn't much care, even adding that their surname was a chore. Excellent. Well, at least he only seemed a little shitty. Chanda turned to the collection of figurines as Will grabbed a couple more comics and a cool Marvel mug he'd probably end up using for pens. After mentioning spending a big chunk of his time at work, Chanda agreed, noting the lack of a free day for a long while. Oh good, Will wasn't alone.

Apparently Chanda had taken up work in the fashion industry, something about which Will knew surprisingly little. They worked with kids too, which was neat. "Me? Oh, nothing much. I'm an auror, but I probably spend too much time at work. Just wanna feel... productive, I suppose. I mean, it's a great job that I'm lucky to have." He paused, nervously scratching the back of his neck. "Kids clothes, huh? That sounds interesting. I never really... put much thought into clothes." He shrugged a bit, thinking he never dressed badly (hopefully), though being certain he didn't dress anywhere near fancy.

{{Wearing: Casualwear}}
yukina101

Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴇʀᴀs. Iᴄᴇ ʜᴀs ᴍᴇʟᴛᴇᴅ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʟɪꜰᴇ
Dᴏɴᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ᴍʏ sᴇɴᴛᴇɴᴄᴇ, ᴅʀᴇss ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴇ ᴅɪᴇ
Sʏᴄᴏᴘʜᴀɴᴛs ᴏɴ ᴠᴇʟᴠᴇᴛ sᴏꜰᴀs, ʟᴀᴠɪsʜ ᴍᴀɴsɪᴏɴs, ᴠɪɴᴛᴀɢᴇ ᴡɪɴᴇ
I ᴀᴍ sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʀᴏʏᴀʟ, sɴᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴀɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴄᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs
Iꜰ ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟs ɢᴏᴏᴅ, ᴛᴀsᴛᴇs ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪᴛ ᴍᴜsᴛ ʙᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ
Hᴇʀᴏᴇs ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴇᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀᴇᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʟᴇɢᴇɴᴅs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅɪᴇ
Aɴᴅ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I'ᴍ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏᴡɴ
I'ᴍ ᴀʟʟ ᴅʀᴇssᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴀᴋᴇᴅ I sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ᴍɪɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:48 pm

User Image
User Image

❃❂❁Chanda glossed over the figurines with general interest trying to see if one called out to them. Their sister's birthday was coming closer and they wanted to be prepared. Xe usually made Puck a small piece, generally a patch for her jacket or maybe a simple crop top, but since they had the money this year they also wanted to add something special. Their eyes widened as they swept away from an anime figurine at Will's nonchalant answer of being an auror for a career. "That's amazing! Congratulations! I've heard it's a very difficult job to have and maintain so um, yeah that's pretty cool." Chanda finished rather lamely with small grin. They valiantly stopped the giggle from rising but couldn't stop the snort from erupting from them as his former classmate awkwardly navigated their job details. "It'd be weird if you did really." xe couldn't help pointing out with a wry grin.

"But yeah, it's largely due to the fact that most kid's clothing is wildly and ridiculously gendered. Right down to the 'blue is for boys and pink is for girls' bs or worse, the way they assign gender to simple interests. Like dinosaurs! Dinosaurs are amazing! Every kid, if given the chance, loves learning about dinosaurs and seeing them in museums. But I guarantee that all dino-related clothing are in the boy section and it's all...bad." Chanda wrinkled their nose just thinking of the often bland design choices. "And worse, the absolute worst thing, is when the clothing is friggen sexualized! Like like, putting 'ladies man' on a baby jumper. Or, or making little girl shorts thinner, shorter, and tighter than the boy's of her same age and size. It's disgusting!" their eyes unconsciously flashed orange with irritation before they closed them to calm themselves down. Once they had, they released how tense a hold they had on their magazines and how adamant they'd become over a simple question and pinked (thankfully not literally) in mortification. "So-sorry about that. It's sort of a pet peeve of mine." Chanda bit the inside of their cheek to hopefully stop any more word vomit from errupting.

What do I wanna be
I'm the master of me
User Image
Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:59 pm
User ImageUser Image

Will nodded and shrugged a bit at Chanda's reply about Aurorship. "Getting through the training was literal hell. Only made it easier out of sheer dedication. I've wanted to be an auror since I could walk, honestly." He felt his cheeks warm a bit, shuffling nervously. After noting he never really got into fashion, Chanda said it'd be weird if he had... which, yea, probably. He nodded once, blinking in a bit of surprise when Chanda launched into a tirade about gender norms when it came to kids' clothes.

Parts of it hit home with Will, the blonde nodding a bit. Chanda's eyes turned orange, then flicked back to normal. Will drew in a deep breath, listening as Chanda offered a small apology. "No, no, I get it. When I was a little kid, mum used to dress me in weird... dress-up clothes. Everything had to be... not only gendered, but matching. It was awful. More than just the aggressively gendered clothes, I didn't get my own personality. It was all based on what my sisters liked. So when they were into aquatics, well. There were sailor suits. It was rough. Thankfully dad was a lot more casual when it came to clothes." He sighed softly, a bit... upset by mentioning his sisters. He hadn't seen either in nearly a decade, much less his mom and half-brother. He shuffled nervously, hoping he at least made a slight connection with Chanda's clear fascination with clothes.

yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:13 am

User Image
User Image

❃❂❁Chanda made appreciative noises as Will described how he went about the auror program basically through sheer will (def a happy accident pun) and fortitude. "That's still an incredible achievement. Idunno if I could've done it. The most physical activities I get to in a day is yoga and running to supply stores." they surmised with a huff of laughter. It really was inspiring though hearing about how he'd wanted this since he was a kid, Chanda really had no idea what they wanted to do up until their last few years at school. Growing up with their mothers, they'd instilled in both them and their older sister that it was perfectly ok no having a definitive plan as they were still young and still figuring out their place in the world. It certainly made them feel better about possibly career choices but it'd also made it practically impossible to figure out which electives to take for said career choices. Infinite possibilities was truly a blessing and a curse.

They were very thankful then when Will hadn't offered any annoyance or admonishment at his small soapbox sentiments and even offered his own experiences with different gendered clothing. From the expression on his face and the way he kept sighing, it was obviously a touchy subject which of course made the meta that much more regretful that they'd brought up the subject but it also brought up questions they weren't sure they could ask. Xe was pretty sure they'd never heard of any other Bennett's at school with them so it couldn't have been older siblings; then again they very well could've been much younger and started school when they were just about to leave. Or, plainly, it could just be absolutely none of their business and they should stay out of it. Option number three it was! "My moms were a bit like your dad when it came to clothes. I mean, in the casual sense. They allowed me space to figure out my own style and...I just want to offer that to other kids. Even if they do like Marvel of all things." Chanda quipped, eyes flashing in amusement as they took in the sight of the mug in Will's hand. They briefly toyed with the idea of introducing superheros into their design choices but honestly, they had no interest in the legalities of it all so it'd probably stew on the back back burners for now.

What do I wanna be
I'm the master of me
User Image
Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:07 pm
User ImageUser Image

Will felt a little bubble of pride when Chanda noted that being an auror was an incredible achievement. Honestly, he'd never really considered it any kind of achievement, but that was perhaps because he'd learned from his dad and goddad, he'd always kind of known his path. Even when he was knee-deep in training, Will just knew it was the next step in his path, and eventually he'd be given the next step as it came along. Even though he felt like he didn't know where that next step would fall. "I dunno, running around shops can be good cardio, especially during Boxing Day sales." He shrugged his shoulders a bit, offering a faint half-smile.

After speaking of the clothing issues, Chanda spoke of his moms(?), noting they allowed the space to grow and create their own style. That was cool of them. Chanda then stuck in another dig at Marvel, earning a soft snort from the blonde. "That's cool of them. My dad... I don't know if it was more him wanting to allow me to wear the boyish clothes my mom never liked... or if it was just his style, y'know? But either way, it's not like I dress super special. I don't think I've ever even seen a designer store, though I do have this one sweater... never mind. It's silly." He waved a hand, as if to wave away his train of thought. "But it's cool you get to help kids like that. To develop their own styles and stuff. I mean, who knows how that could help the little ones." A small smile, wondering about how things might have been different if he wasn't forced into different outfits, different roles...

yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:35 pm

User Image
User Image

❃❂❁Chanda gave a soft shudder as Will mentioned that they could get good cardio from boxing day. "I had to do that my first year working, never ever again." They knew that eventually if/when they managed to open a physical shop that Boxing Day would be something they'd have to traverse but it was something they were definitely not looking forward to. They were thankful it wasn't quite as bad as the sales day in America that they'd heard Mum Hera talk about but it was a near thing. Xe kept perusing the different figurines deciding against the anime ones and now looking at the different funko pops displayed against the wall. As they did so, they made sure to nod or hum to show they were listening to Will as he explained his fashion-or supposed lacktherof-and raised a pointed eyebrow at the mention of a special sweater. Xe then blushed lightly as he told him it was cool for them to help kids; it was different hearing it from someone other than their family or close friends. "I..um, thanks? It feels sorta weird saying thanks but it'd feel real egotistical to say 'oh yeah I know I'm the coolest'." they snickered.

Chanda was just about to ask about the Sweater but their eye caught a particular funko pop causing them to audibly gasp. Xe tried to reach up on his tiptoes to reach, not caring that xis shirt was rising up a tad before failing and rocking back on their heels with a huff. "Sorry, sir? Could you please bring down that Toulouse funko pop right on the end there?" They can't believe they lucked out; this one even had a little piano bow tie, it was perfect! They then remembered that were still talking with Will and turned back to him sheepishly.

"I'm so so sorry about that. It's just, my sister really loves that character and her birthday is in a few weeks so I'm trying to get everything together y'know? I'd um, I'd try and do it myself but heights have never really been my thing." Chanda tried to explain lamely with another sheepish expression. They weren't technically wrong; they could make themselves taller and reach it but stretching themself like that made their bones feel weird if they don't stretch or prepare for it. All in all, kinda not worth it for a toy (no offense Puck).

What do I wanna be
I'm the master of me
User Image
Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Don't bring up the backstory, they'll think you're insane

Will laughed when Chanda said they'd never do Boxing Day again. "I don't blame you. I don't even go out that day. Much better to just stay home and avoid the crowds. Though, I try to do that every major shopping holiday." He hated the thought of going shopping enough, much less when it was elbow-to-elbow with every other person. Even summers in Diagon Alley were practical hell. He often went to Hogsmeade over the summer months if he simply had to go shopping. After speaking of his aversion to designer clothes and mentioning how cool it was for Chanda to work on kids' design, Chanda seemed a bit... flustered, perhaps.

Will walked with Chanda over to a shelf of Funko Pop figurines, debating on buying one himself. It was about then he watched Chanda trying to reach one, unable to help the small grin that came to his lips. It wasn't until Chanda called over toward Larry for a hand. "Don't worry about it, Larry. I've got this one. You just keep being a lazy bum." He laughed quietly, reaching up and grabbing the aforementioned pop. Handing it over to Chanda, he listened as they explained that it was a favorite of their sister and her birthday was coming up soon. "I understand that. I always try to birthday shop a while ahead, just so I have a nice collection by the time their birthday rolls around. Usually it's stuff for my dad. We share the most interests." He shrugged, sighing softly. "Um... but... Heights? Are you afraid of them or do you just prefer your feet on the ground?"

yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:53 pm

User Image
User Image

❃❂❁Chanda was confused on why Will stopped the assistant from coming over (and calling him a bum just how close were they??) only for their mouth to pop open as he instead reached over to grab the box for them. Xe then quickly closed it with a soft pop as xe was handed the funko pop and thanked him graciously. "It's easier with my moms; I can generally figure out what they might want or they just come out and tell me. My sister is literally impossible because she insists she doesn't want anything and won't tell me anything!" They huffed in exasperation. "It was maddening when we were kids and it's even worse now that we're adults. I really don't know how her husband deals with it." They figured Dris was probably luckier than them in that all he really had to do was make her a painting or whatever and she'd automatically love it. Lucky b*****d. At the question of heights, Chanda just snickered softly.

"Neither really. I don't have a problem with heights it's just, erm. Y'know how I'm a meta right?" They lowered their voice and paused a second for Will's confirmation then gave a small shrug. "I can change pretty much everything with no issues but for some reason, if I don't like, prepare myself, making myself taller feels like I've overstretched myself. And depending on how much taller I go, my bones even feel a bit weird after. It's probably my fault since I haven't heard many other meta's with this problem; I don't care much about my height so I never really saw a reason to change it constantly." Chanda detailed raising only one shoulder in their nonchalance.

"But hey, that's what tall friends are for I guess! Eh, maybe taller friends." Xe snickered using a hand to go from their head to Will's showcasing their height difference. Which...was a lot more than they'd realized now that Will was right by them. Wow. They could practically feel the tips of their ears turning pick but thankfully even in a small bun, their curly hair hid most of it.

What do I wanna be
I'm the master of me
User Image
Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:06 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Don't bring up the backstory, they'll think you're insane

Will listened as Chanda recanted woes about shopping for their sister. (Was it just all sisters that were an absolute pain to shop for?) They carried on, saying that they weren't sure how their brother-in-law handled it. "I found an excellent way to put a stop to that. My sister was always the same way, and one year, I got fed up with it. Sent her an empty box with a note saying 'you always say you want nothing for our birthday, so here you are'. Now every year I get a nice, concise list with gift ideas from her." He snorted softly, remembering the emotions that flew about that year. Honestly, Belle had thought it hilarious, but Aurora and mum had reamed him out quite thoroughly for his "horrible prank". Either way, it had been one of the few times the twins were able to bond, even a bit.

After asking about heights, Chanda lowered their voice, mentioning their meta ability. They explained that shifting heights were uncomfortable, leading to not want to change. "I could see that, also the fact that we're in a... well, not so safe space for using that particular skill. And, y'know, by virtue of my job I'd simply have to report a breach in the statute." The blonde spoke the last part with a chuckle, hoping it wouldn't be taken seriously. It wouldn't really do to cause an immediate rift, after all. "Tall friends are indeed helpful. Especially when I go to the grocery shop. There's always at least one person that stops me to ask for a can of soup or whatnot from the top shelf." He paused his speech, watching Chanda use their hand to compare their height difference. Was... was he that tall? Usually he slumped a lot, losing a precious few inches from his frame.

yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:26 pm

User Image
User Image

❃❂❁Chanda let out a bark of surprised laughter at Will's suggestion then immediately looked in apology for their abrupt sound. "That's honestly a bit brilliant. But Puck's such a freaking troll she'd probably just say 'thanks I needed a new box!' I'm beginning to think sisters are more problems than they're worth." they sighed faux morosely. This was also, they realized, the second or so time Will had mentioned a sibling that he definitely had and wondered briefly if it'd be out of line to ask about it. "Um, you can ignore me if you want, you mentioned your sister before but I don't really remember another Bennett at school?" they trailed off questioningly mainly to not seem confrontational. They really hoped it wasn't something trauma related, they'd feel absolutely awful for bringing it up.

Chanda decided they'd found enough for their first trip and decided to go check out with their treasures, chuckling all the while as Will joked about having to report him. "Oh noo~ Don't report me~ I'll do anythinngg~" Chanda laughed at their own joking not thinking of how their words could be conveyed. Xe placed xis comics and funko pop on the counter waiting for Larry(?) to ring everything up, grin widening as Will described being used for his height at grocery stores. "I can see that. It's like your toll of being tall when you could've been average with the rest of us." they teased him.

What do I wanna be
I'm the master of me
User Image
Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:51 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Chanda (and Larry, but he doesn't count)
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? What am I doing?

Will laughed along with Chanda, who noted it was brilliant (see, Will wasn't the only one who thought that!) but that their sister would play along with the joke. "Sisters are most definitely more trouble than needed. Then again, brothers are little shits too, so." He chortled, thinking of little Ray (who he'd always had a healthy grudge against), just trying to do his best. It was around then that Chanda realized that Will had mentioned siblings, then questioned not seeing any other Bennetts at school. "Very smart. I was the only one. My sisters moved with my mum to the states when we were little, then my stepbrother kept his surname when our parents got married. I also have a half-brother, but I've only met him like... twice." Will shrugged, not minding talking about them as much now as he did when he was a kid.

After jokingly noting his authority to note the statute of secrecy, Chanda very sarcastically mentioned doing anything to avoid reporting. Will's cheeks turned a bit red at the implication, which he nervously laughed off. As Chanda walked to the counter, Will stayed back a step, drawing in a deep breath to calm his heart rate. "Hey Larry, split my points with Chanda, here, eh?" The blonde gestured over at Chanda, and the shopkeep nodded. "I should give 'im all your points for being a d**k." Will snorted, watching Larry ring up Chanda's order. Once they were done, Will set down his pile of things. "Isn't your brother-in-law that like... seven-foot tall dude with the art shop? Go preach to him about normal heights." He laughed, grabbing back his purchases and stepping aside. "Oh hey, um... you wanna grab lunch or something? As a rare-day-off treat..."

yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:33 pm

User Image
User Image

❃❂❁Chanda's smile widened as they noticed they'd gotten Will to laugh-an actual real laugh!-and then just snickered as he verbally agreed about their sisters then tacked on for brothers as well. "I wouldn't actually know, I'm pretty much the youngest of the bunch bar a younger in-law. Fortunately or unfortunately for the others." they shrugged with a slight giggle. If prompted, Puck would probably wax prose about how annoying she'd found them growing up but mostly in the sense that all younger siblings were they guessed. That and it definitely didn't help that they'd had the habit of occasionally "borrow" some of her clothes without her knowledge. It wasn't like they never gave them back, they even washed them! To Chanda's immense relief they hadn't accidentally stepped on a trigger and Will even gave them a roundabout compliment for pointing it out. Their eyes unconsciously widened as Will spoke about his siblings whereabouts and came to a stark realization that they truly knew very little about their yearmate despite (somewhat) sharing a space for several years. And now several years later they were basically learning it all during a random run in at a geek supply; the universe sure worked in weird ways.

At the counter, Chanda was startled as Will spoke up behind them saying for Larry the cashier to use his points for purchase. "Points? There's a point system?" they piped up a bit too eagerly. Maybe they could squirrel enough away to afford that gundam set they'd seen without selling a kidney. As everything was being totaled, they snorted as Will decided to bring Dris into their "argument" on the price of being tall. "Dris is an outlier; not only is his height ridiculously out the norm but he eats enough to balance out any good he ends up doing." Chanda snarked paying for their things and grabbing their bags with a grin. They stepped to the side as Will paid not knowing exactly if they should go or if he'd even want them to stick around but their questions were answered soon enough. Their eyes flashed pink before they could even process and stop it and they coughed slightly to try and hide it in case anyone-especially Will-might've noticed. "That sounds good-nice? Nice. Um, was there any place you had in mind?"

What do I wanna be
I'm the master of me
User Image
Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:22 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Chanda (and Larry, but he doesn't count)
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? What am I doing?

Will nodded when Chanda noted they were the youngest, save one in-law. Apparently this could either be interpreted as great fortune or terrible misfortune. "I'm the exact middle. Two older sisters, two younger brothers... well, legally two. I only claim one of them, though. He paused, letting his thought play out further. "Well, actually, I only really claim one of my sisters too, but I kinda have to. My oldest, well, we haven't talked in years." He sighed softly, missing the days when they would all just hang out. His mom ruined it, though. Luckily his dad was cool. After speaking, Will noticed Chanda's eyes go wide, the blonde immediately wondering if he'd said too much. He was known to put his foot in his mouth on occasion... though luckily Chanda didn't punch him (unlike some people).

As they walked to the counter, Chanda questioned the points system. "Yes, yes there is. And this bozo is in here enough to keep getting free stuff. Putting poor me in the red~" Will rolled his eyes at the shopkeep's dramatics. "Larry, do you not remember how much money was put in to earn those points? Yea? Then hush and do your job, you goblin. I'll bring snacks next time." That did the trick, earning a laugh from the portly man. "Alright, and with points... an 8£ discount. Enjoy, and please do come back. I'm only ever mean to Will, but he deserves it, see?" Will snorted at that, hurrying quickly (or as quickly as Larry could ever go) through the checkout. After they were done, Will invited Chanda to coffee, only half thinking it would work. The blonde was genuinely surprised when it did. "Oh, um... Well, there's this place I go to in... uh... London proper. Really good, cheesy name. But very good. We can move our talk there?" He stepped forward, holding open the door as blue eyes watched Chanda for cues.

yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:58 pm

User Image
User Image

❃❂❁Chanda snickered quietly to themselves as Will and Larry bickered wondering just how close the two really were to get like this. "Thank you Larry, I may not reach Will status but you'll definitely be seeing me more." Xe grinned not even remotely attempting to fluff him up. The store was amazing and the prices decent. And it had a point system! Which meant savings which equaled a very happy meta. When Will was finished with his purchase and mentioned that he knew a place for coffee, the designer found themselves getting excited at the prospect of getting to know their new(ish?) friend. As well as maybe getting a croissant. With chocolate. They grinned brightly as their companion held the door for them to exit and looked around eagerly as if signs for this coffee shop were going to pop from the ground. "I like cheesy. I also like coffee so it's a double hit for me. Lead the way!" Chanda smiled up at Will his hair brightening slightly to a reddish hue in the sun. Or that's what they'd say if asked.

What do I wanna be
I'm the master of me
User Image
Cinnabun Gryffie

Shopping in the UK

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff