Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Dispe Ding ChHoists ~ NPC Owned Business ~ London Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:05 pm
User Image
                                                  Don't you be afraid
                                                  Of giants in your way
                                                  With God you know that anything's possible

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ || Tᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-Eɪɢʜᴛ || Tᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Jonas was pretty sure that with midterms around the corner, he was pretty much hating having to grade every single paper that graced his desk. Most of it seemed to be work from earlier in the term, and then there was the occasional paper from someone that wanted to get a higher grade with extra credit. He sighed and rubbed his forehead. He was glad that he didn't have to worry about wedding preparations since that had been over for a while, but he wondered briefly if it was possible he could persuade Yvonne to go on a second holiday over the summer to destress from his first official year teaching. He didn't think it was that much of a problem, especially since he felt like he was being as stressed as much as his students were.

Shuffling through one of his piles of paper, he blinked and realized that there was a small kid watching him. Lowering the papers in his hand, he smiled a bit as the kid asked if he was writing a story book. Wouldn't that be a novel idea. However, Jonas wasn't writing a book, and he placed the paper down on the table as he gave the boy a small smile.
                                                  "No, sadly I'm not writing a book. I'm working on homework. Specifically my students' homework." He glanced around, trying to think of if he had seen the kid's parents when he entered, but Jonas had been preoccupied with the work before him. He rose an eyebrow, looking back at the kid again. "So where's your mum or dad? I cna't imagine tehy'd let you wander around unless they were here too."

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, at least this distracts me from grading papers.
                                                  OOC:

-❤-

So step into the fight
                                                  He's right there by your side
                                                  The stones inside your hand might be small
                                                  But watch the giants fall

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:31 am
User Image
                                                  𝒱𝒾𝒸𝓉𝑜𝓇𝒾𝒶 ℛ𝑒𝓃𝒶𝑒 ℳ𝒶𝒸𝒸𝓁𝑒𝓁𝓁𝒶𝓃
                                                  ___╘═══▶ gryffindor alumna
                                                                      fashion designer

______User Image ____ User Image ____ User Image
                                                  __________________________________________

What a busy day. Strutting down the street, Tori had her briefcase in her right hand, sunglasses on, and her umbrella tucked under her left arm. She was ready for business, and had quite the to-do list today. She had a show coming up in about a month, which meant she had to coordinate her models, pair pieces together to make a full look, contact a makeup artist to work the show, among other things. Which is what brought her to London today. She had a meeting with a makeup artist later that evening, but that left the afternoon available for her favorite hobby: shopping!

After hitting the nearby shops and shrinking her purchases, hiding them away in her purse, Tori felt her eyes glazing over, her energy lacking. This called for an emergency coffee. The blonde was decently familiar with the area, having shopped around here before. Since she was in the area, she knew that she had to stop by Dipse Ding ChHoists. The cafe was quaint, with great coffee and delicious treats. It was the perfect place to spend some time before her meeting. The cafe was in sight now, Tori's pace quickening. She opened the door, the little bell chiming to announce her arrival. The blonde removed her sunglasses and perched them on top of her head as she stepped into line. It wasn't too busy today, a few customers sitting at tables, working or spending time with their children, but there was still a short line for the counter. The people in front of her looked like they were in a hurry though, so it shouldn't be too long before it was her turn to order.

OOC: . . .

❝ My smile is beamin'. My skin is gleamin'. The way it shine, I know you've seen it.
                                                  You like my hair? Gee, thanks! Just bought it. I see it, I like it, I want it, I got it. ❞

Diamond Wales

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:27 am
User Image
                                                    Woke up in London yesterday
                                                    Found myself in the city near Piccadilly
                                                    Don't really know how I got here
                                                    I got some pictures on my phone

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Eʟᴅᴇsᴛ Bʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ |♝| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ |♝| Psʏᴄʜᴏʟᴏɢɪsᴛ

════════════════════════

Michael was pretty convinced that half of his colleagues in the psychology field would probably laugh their arses off at him while the other half would consider admitting him to the nearest psych ward. At least, he was pretty sure that was going to be the case when he went to the mental health conference he'd been invited to in the next month. Thankfully, he had the ability to decline talking about any of his patients and citing doctor-patient confidentiality.

However, he knew that there were already people that questioned his work considering that he routinely saw patients, never consulted with other colleagues (well, none with a degree and license in the muggle world), and worked with a man who had no license to practice. He doubted any inquiry would get far, as he himself was fully licensed and he was pretty sure that if push came to shove, the Ministry of Magic would likely come in to obliviate whoever they needed to to preserve the Statute of Secrecy. Which, thankfully, didn't include Michael himself. It would certainly be awkward if he turned up to a family gathering and found himself bombarded by his magical siblings who would then demand that they lift the charm.

Still, it did leave Michael with quite a predicament, and though he'd talked to Niall about bringing back information that he learned to help the wizard's own practice out, it was certainly something that he sometimes wondered at. If he got into trouble with the muggle authorities, would the magical ones even lift a finger to help him out? He figured the answer would quite possibly be no, but that wasn't exactly correct and he suspected the real answer was going to be overly complicated and possibly involve at the very least Jeremy going to jail for whatever happened to come up. It was certainly one of those convoluted problems that Michael wished would have a simpler solution, but never did seem to.

Still, he entered the shop to grab a cup of tea and a snack, knowing that he was currently taking a day off and while yes, he was worrying over the upcoming conference, it wasn't going to be something that made or broke his career. He considered his options for what to get, frowning at each pastry and shaking his head. He was so occupied that he didn't quite see he'd gotten too close to the lady in front of him until he bumped into her by mistake. A blush creeped across his features as he stepped back quickly, assessing the other blonde to see if she was okay.
                                                    "Oh my goodness, I am terribly sorry. Are you all right? I do apologize, I believe I must have spaced out for a moment there." His hands were already up, ready to assist in whatever he needed to.

════════════════════════
                                                    Thinking: I must be thinking on this whole dilemma too hard.
                                                    OOC:

-♡-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

New names and numbers that I don't know
                                                    Address to places like Abbey Road
                                                    Day turns to night, night turns to whatever we want

[quote+"The Shiny Furret"]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:25 am
User Image
                                                  𝒱𝒾𝒸𝓉𝑜𝓇𝒾𝒶 ℛ𝑒𝓃𝒶𝑒 ℳ𝒶𝒸𝒸𝓁𝑒𝓁𝓁𝒶𝓃
                                                  ___╘═══▶ gryffindor alumna
                                                                      fashion designer

______User Image ____ User Image ____ User Image
                                                  __________________________________________

Tori stepped forward in line as it moved slowly, contemplating what she was going to purchase. She usually just got a caramel macchiato with skim milk, extra whipped cream, and an extra shot, something simple. Maybe she would branch out today and get something different. A cappuccino or maybe a frappuccino? And their desserts. They were always delicious, so maybe she could splurge today and get a scone. As she pondered, she heard the bell on the door of the cafe ring, and a few moments later, someone ended up bumping into her. With her small frame, it shook her a little, but it wasn't serious. Tori turned around to face the person, who was rapidly apologizing for running into her. "It's alright. No harm done, really," she replied to the man, her green eyes scanning him up and down. He was blonde, like her, but he had pretty blue eyes. Honestly, she thought he was very attractive, so she decided to continue this random conversation between them. "I'm trying to decide on a snack. Do you have any suggestions? I usually just get a scone, but I feel like mixing it up today," she added, flashing a smile at the man. Perhaps he could help her with her indecisiveness.

OOC: gah this is short, I'm sorry D8

❝ My smile is beamin'. My skin is gleamin'. The way it shine, I know you've seen it.
                                                  You like my hair? Gee, thanks! Just bought it. I see it, I like it, I want it, I got it. ❞

Diamond Wales

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:06 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Alexsander and Jonas
Mood
Tired

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

~~

How could it be? 20 Something
All alone still, not a thing in my name
Ain’t got nothin’, runnin’ from love
Only know fear
That’s me, Ms. 20 Something
Ain’t got nothin’, runnin’ from love.
Wish you were here, oh

list]

Alexsander pouted at the response. He had been wanting to read a new book. At the question, he turned and pointed at his mother who was at the counter ordering their drinks for the two of them."Mama told me to find a table!" He explained, bouncing on the balls of his feet as he nosily looked at the papers that Jonas was grading."Mama is starting me in school this year. She says I am too smart for her to teach me anymore."

Before the young boy could speak again, Kseniya made her way over with a long sigh. "Vhat did I say about bothering strangers?" The woman questioned as she stared her son down. The boy simply smiled at the scowling woman. "Not to do it." though he repeated her previous words, he didn't look like he was going to listen to them anytime soon. So Kseniya rolled her eyes and muttered under her breath in Russian before she turned her attention to the strange man. " 'am sorry, he little to friendly. Hopefully he did not bother you much." Personally, Kseniya didn't care all that much but she knew it was polite and the man had done nothing to irritate her, so might as well be at least a bit polite.

Stuck in them 20 somethings
Good luck on them 20 somethings
God bless these 20 somethings
Hopin’ my 20 somethings won’t end
Hoping’ to keep the rest of my friends
Prayin’ the 20 somethings don’t kill me
don’t kill me

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:37 pm
User Image
                                                  Don't you be afraid
                                                  Of giants in your way
                                                  With God you know that anything's possible

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ || Tᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-Eɪɢʜᴛ || Tᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Jonas rose an eyebrow as the kid said he was supposed to find a table and pointed out his mum to the man. When he explained that he was starting school, he gave the kid a smile. "I bet you are that smart. Sadly I won't see you in school unless you manage to get into the upper years. I teach teenagers, though I bet you might be smarter than they are."

Jonas shrugged, not bothered in the least bit when the mother came over and scolded her son for speaking to him. He just hoped that all kids had parents that watched out for them just as much. "Oh no, it's fine. He's just younger than the regular kids I deal with. Plus, at least he doesn't cause drama in the classroom because someone broke up with him."

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, at least this distracts me from grading papers.
                                                  OOC:

-❤-

So step into the fight
                                                  He's right there by your side
                                                  The stones inside your hand might be small
                                                  But watch the giants fall

Fuzzymelonlord

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
Shopping in the UK

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items