Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Ex-roommate still manages to get under my skin.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:46 pm
A while back, I left my family to live with my uncle in North Dakota (I'm from Washington). But living with him proved to be awful. So when my internet friend offered me a job and a place to live, I almost jumped at the chance. First, I tried to tell her all my flaws (a bit lazy, have ADD, have a panic disorder, on and on). She said none of my flaws bothered her, and that she would even help me to become a better person. So I decided to go.

It was a mistake I'm sill paying for.

At first, everything was awesome. We had so much fun watching anime, drinking beer or wine, and just talking and laughing. Work even started out good. But the next day of work went terrible... my boss is a huge christian and when he asked me if I had brought my Bible so we can pray ( eek ), I had to explain I wasn't Christian. I'm agnostic. From that point forward he treated me like dirt. Yeah. Very Christian of him. And then things got worse with my roommate. She didn't warn me about things about herself, like I had done. She has Aspergers. ... You would think you would tell someone about that! She would make offhanded comments and then not give a crap that she hurt mine or someone else's feelings. I realize she can't help it, but it was hard to deal with. I tried so hard to do everything the way she liked. One day she would like something THIS way. But the next it was wrong, and she likes it THIS way. I was so out of my mind trying to make her happy! On top of that, she constantly makes mountains out of molehills. A harmless comment can be the biggest insult she's ever heard in her entire life!

Well, things came to a head, and I had to leave. I've been living in a closet for the past seven months. She still contacts me and lectures me about god, and how I should live my life. And I just LET her. Why!? Why can't I tell her to go **** herself? I guess I wish we could go back to before. Life would have been so much better had I never moved in with her. Now I can't talk to her without seeing her livid face screaming at me to get the **** out. I can't stand hearing anyone talk about Christianity without hearing her say the devil likes to talk through me (or her mother saying I need to get right with god). I can't... but I don't know how to stop being her friend. I realized I can't get over it. The more time goes on, the more I find myself hating her.

What happened? I got a call from the apartment complex. They said they have an apartment available for me, and I turned them down. She found out and is now yelling at me for it via FaceBook. She's insulting my family, too. I'm about to snap cry  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:50 pm
((Block her on Facebook, and get your family to, as well. Pay the fee to get her number blocked for if she contacts by phone. If she keeps it up, see about getting a restraining order.))  

Fumahiko

Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Cognitohazard

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:29 pm

She should not be able to treat you like that, especially when she uses God as an excuse for her bad behavor. I'm sure God would be ashamed to see the way she is treating you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:56 pm
stare that person is not worth to have your attention, nor your frustration. Miss Yennon, I personally have a great suggestion from my experience - if you don't think about the situation, these crisis will slowly depart from your life. When we live no worry; no caring; no annoyed feeling on things we cared so much. Those rotten feelings we have been carrying will move away from our lives.

I had a friend in real life, this friend whom I kind of like (but also with a little dislike) to be with. We know each other kind of too well for years. Slowly our opinions and differentiation drove us apart. It's part of life, we move on, don't contact each other ever since 9 years ago... Don't think about this person that gets on our nerves. I say leave no thoughts on these negative things happened because of this person.

I love what Fumahiko had suggested. I also agree with what Kez Mani has said.  

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:22 pm
Fumahiko
((Block her on Facebook, and get your family to, as well. Pay the fee to get her number blocked for if she contacts by phone. If she keeps it up, see about getting a restraining order.))
I really hope she doesn't get to be that extreme, but I did tell her about ten minutes ago our friendship was over, and blocked her. She does have my cell number, so we'll see what happens xp  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:24 pm
Kez Mani

She should not be able to treat you like that, especially when she uses God as an excuse for her bad behavor. I'm sure God would be ashamed to see the way she is treating you.
I agree with you! I guess that's why I get so hostile these days when the subject of god comes up. I don't want to hate 'God'. But it feels like I'm being forced to.

Well, I've told her we're through. So maybe this pent up hate will fade away now.  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:27 pm
Some people thrive on kindness (like you and me) and some thrive on conflict. It doesn't matter if she's the way she is because of a disease or personality, she just is that way. And while you can love her, you can't let her hurt you. She may not show it, or even be aware of it, but hurting you does hurt her soul, so you aren't doing her (or you) any favors by letting her continue to hurt you.

Distance yourself from her if you can't hear her scream without cringing (a perfectly reasonable response). Protect yourself from contact as you're doing, and find joy elsewhere. Maybe some day she can find joy for herself, but you are not obligated to be the one she destroys in trying.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:30 pm
Kecitich
stare that person is not worth to have your attention, nor your frustration. Miss Yennon, I personally have a great suggestion from my experience - if you don't think about the situation, these crisis will slowly depart from your life. When we live no worry; no caring; no annoyed feeling on things we cared so much. Those rotten feelings we have been carrying will move away from our lives.

I had a friend in real life, this friend whom I kind of like (but also with a little dislike) to be with. We know each other kind of too well for years. Slowly our opinions and differentiation drove us apart. It's part of life, we move on, don't contact each other ever since 9 years ago... Don't think about this person that gets on our nerves. I say leave no thoughts on these negative things happened because of this person.

I love what Fumahiko had suggested. I also agree with what Kez Mani has said.
Thank you heart I'm so tired of having this pent up anger over it. I used to be worry free before I met her. She actually hated that about me sweatdrop she would sit and stress well into the night, and I just wouldn't think of it. I feel that looking too far into the future is sometimes a scary thought. It can even be stressful to sit and just, worry, worry, worry. And to top it off, it causes premature aging gonk carefree is the way to go!

I just started college yesterday, but I hope I maintain my carefreeness, haha ^^;

Anyway, thanks again for the kind words smile I told her off, so I hope everything will be sunnier and happier from here on out.  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:42 pm
awesome, too awesome xd I wish you well with college and meet lots of cool people and befriend with those positive thinking individuals emotion_hug Power are for those who think positively, luck are for those who think they are full of fortune, happiness are for those who carefree heart Wealth are for those who demand little but knowing they are wealthy no matter how much/little they have.

I love what JoyRose has said too, I agree completely.

On internet, I had another friend whom I cared about, we contact each other for years, almost at least every month. She is so full of worries, so negatives. When I removed her from my contact list, and tell her I am moving on because our relationship as friend has never did us any good (because the way she see things). She got so angry and told me she is upset I thought of that, it's my mistake and excuse. Guess what, MissYennon? I added her back after a year.

I tell you this, worst mistake ever! Needless to say I refuse to make direct contact to her again. LOL

Don't look back, really, just don't. Miserable people will always be miserable, they either change their attitude once they realised somehow or being miserable forever.

You have tried your best to do what's best for her, she didn't get it. It's okay, totally her own fault...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:43 pm
I'm sorry hun, that really sucks. Congrats on cutting ties though.. it's best to just do it abruptly, like ripping off a band-aid. If you continue to respond to her after that, even in anger, it might just make matters worse. She should be ignored completely - try to put her out of your mind so you're free to focus on college without worry.

(If you're anything like me it's sooooo hard to cut ties with friends. I have always had 1 or 2 friends tops.. or none at all, at any point in my life. Breaking up with em was crazy hard for that very reason alone. sad )

& Best of luck with school! heart  

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:31 pm
User Image
Sounds like a friend that you just dont need hunny. If shes stressing you out and making you feel like crap then she is not a friend that you need in your life. I totally agree with what everyone else is saying - cut her out of your life and move on! College will be a great place to meet some new people and gain some fun memories with them along the way. Truest me hun if I was closer to you and I had a spare room I would let you live there in a heartbeat. I dont preach about god ( Sorry but I dont believe in that stuff ) and I would have loved to have one of my gaia friends live with me.

So yeah cut her outta the picture and move on - you dont need stress in your life and hun she sounds like a bug huge ball of it - she needs to chill out and maybe see a psychiatrist or something: maybe send her a padded jacket in the mail along her her ( what sounds like ) psycho mother who seems to be pushing all this crap onto her about the devil talking through you ( personally think thats kinda creepy but hey its there life ) You will always have friends on gaia ( like me! ) and my inbox is always open to de-stress and rant about things for all my friends. So good luck in college ( what are you doing at college anyway? ) and hope you make some fantastic new friends and many happy memories! heart
Shhh! The voices in my head are arguing againUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:50 am
x Tragic Rabbit x
I'm sorry hun, that really sucks. Congrats on cutting ties though.. it's best to just do it abruptly, like ripping off a band-aid. If you continue to respond to her after that, even in anger, it might just make matters worse. She should be ignored completely - try to put her out of your mind so you're free to focus on college without worry.

(If you're anything like me it's sooooo hard to cut ties with friends. I have always had 1 or 2 friends tops.. or none at all, at any point in my life. Breaking up with em was crazy hard for that very reason alone. sad )

& Best of luck with school! heart
I am a bit like you! I have so few friends, so I try to desperately cling to the ones I have sad Even now, I keep thinking about all the good times we had before I lived with her, and even the first few weeks living with her. We had such good times... but it's completely overshadowed by my anger towards her now.

She hasn't tried to contact me, as far as I know. She could still get to me through my phone, and she hasn't. So I think she really is going to leave me alone... which is awesome sweatdrop I was worried she would call and start a screaming match. Or try to! I'll hang up rolleyes  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:59 am
ancantsia
User Image
Sounds like a friend that you just dont need hunny. If shes stressing you out and making you feel like crap then she is not a friend that you need in your life. I totally agree with what everyone else is saying - cut her out of your life and move on! College will be a great place to meet some new people and gain some fun memories with them along the way. Truest me hun if I was closer to you and I had a spare room I would let you live there in a heartbeat. I dont preach about god ( Sorry but I dont believe in that stuff ) and I would have loved to have one of my gaia friends live with me.

So yeah cut her outta the picture and move on - you dont need stress in your life and hun she sounds like a bug huge ball of it - she needs to chill out and maybe see a psychiatrist or something: maybe send her a padded jacket in the mail along her her ( what sounds like ) psycho mother who seems to be pushing all this crap onto her about the devil talking through you ( personally think thats kinda creepy but hey its there life ) You will always have friends on gaia ( like me! ) and my inbox is always open to de-stress and rant about things for all my friends. So good luck in college ( what are you doing at college anyway? ) and hope you make some fantastic new friends and many happy memories! heart
Aw, thanks Kitty heart She hasn't been bothering me, so I think this is really over. I keep telling myself to stop thinking about contacting her JUST to give her a piece of my mind. I wrote a long dA blog post about the situation. Here it is. I wish I'd get more comments sweatdrop people have abandoned me because of my break from writing fanfiction.

I'm going for an English Major! Or something like that... I don't want to be an english teacher or anything. I want to be a writer or an editor. Or both. My placement put me in an college level english class, too! Most people start out in Highschool english. Sooo proud of myself for that ^.^ I'm also taking Pacific Northwest History, and an Introduction to Outlook class. Both of these classes are proving to be more difficult than they sound sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:10 am
User Image
MissYennon

History usually is rather difficult but I'm glad that your getting on in life and not dwelling on stupid people like your ex-roomate. At least you know that we wont abandon you sweety heart heart

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers