Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Argh!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Setsunasa

Inquisitive Ally

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:29 pm

Warning: I'm ranting! >
I remember why I've stopped making comissioned art - somehow I don't end up paid for it! Argh!
And the first time in months I decide to make something for someone, with their thread title being "Unlimited Funds" they say at the end when the art is done that their funds are "limited" and don't have much emotion_sweatdrop

Be that true or not, I'm a huge pushover sometimes, ahaha, so I was like, "Hey, it's my first drawing in a while so it's on the house."

This is why I can't have nice things!
/shakes fist at the air/

Hehe gaia_kittenstar

OH WELLS. At least it was nice to draw somethings again.
Though shading is really hard for me!
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:53 pm
Oh wow, that blows. I'm really sorry to hear that. So very rude.. I hope they come around and at least give you a very nice tip.

I'd be livid myself, and probably not near as nice about it as you were. Kudos heart  

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:55 pm
Oh yeah, and I meant to compliment your art - it's really lovely. I really like the shading.. the face and eyes look very pretty. May I suggest a little more attention like in the wing area? It's the only thing really detracting from the picture. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:59 pm
x Tragic Rabbit x
Oh yeah, and I meant to compliment your art - it's really lovely. I really like the shading.. the face and eyes look very pretty. May I suggest a little more attention like in the wing area? It's the only thing really detracting from the picture. smile

Ooo, thank you thank you! Sometimes a pat on the head makes everything alright :3

Definitely agree, I had a hard time with the wings, hehe!
I was like...what DO! I'll have to practice wings :3

Setsunasa

Inquisitive Ally

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:06 pm
Setsunasa
x Tragic Rabbit x

Ooo, thank you thank you! Sometimes a pat on the head makes everything alright :3

Definitely agree, I had a hard time with the wings, hehe!
I was like...what DO! I'll have to practice wings :3

So glad to be of help heart

I've not done much drawing in many, many years but I would imagine wings to be a pain.. I've heard many a artist on here complaining about em. Practice does make perfect though. ^__^  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:50 am
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Oooh pretty art.

That sucks that you didn't get paid for it, you must have spent so much time on it sad
Shhh! The voices in my head are arguing againUser Image

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100

Tera Windstar

Ruthless Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:29 pm
Wow That's great Art!!! Sorry that you got stuffed.

How much were you charging for it?

gaia_nitemareleft cat_scream gaia_nitemareright

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:43 am
ancantsia
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Oooh pretty art.

That sucks that you didn't get paid for it, you must have spent so much time on it sad
Shhh! The voices in my head are arguing againUser Image

Thank you! x3
And ya, I did spend a bit of time on it hehe! I think I may pick up drawing consistently again :3

Setsunasa

Inquisitive Ally

Setsunasa

Inquisitive Ally

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:45 am
Tera Windstar

Since the title of the thread included "Unlimited Funds" I told her I'd draw her something and in good faith she'd pay me however much she thought it was worth, and she agreed. I don't know what the art market is like now, though I was expecting around 150-200k for it ><

I have poor business skills, ahaha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:54 am
Setsunasa
Tera Windstar

Since the title of the thread included "Unlimited Funds" I told her I'd draw her something and in good faith she'd pay me however much she thought it was worth, and she agreed. I don't know what the art market is like now, though I was expecting around 150-200k for it ><

I have poor business skills, ahaha

Will maybe next time get a deposit. At lest you will get something. Well when I get enough Gold I'll keep you in mind for art. I really liked what you did!!

Tera Windstar

Ruthless Hunter

Vampira Alien

Invisible Smoker

8,625 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:18 pm
very nice art! sorry about how your deal went sour. its the opposite for me tehehe for years i'll search & find cheap art rich quality types & never get the art. i expect for most to want gold first, so i send & never have received not one piece here evil  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:47 pm
That's beautiful drawing, Setsunasa. The person who scammed you have no morality value towards others who show kindness to her. She is a selfish sluggard. mad

We learn and improve, Setsunasa. Instead of drawing to strangers you don't even know, Maybe draw for great friends and yourself when you have free time. You are talented, you used it and put them in your signature - promote your own art shop thread, only draw people who are willing to offer your offer. You pick them, not they pick you smile  

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items