Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Character Profiles
Hollywood profiles

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Torbjourn

Fuzzy Gekko

4,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:18 pm
User Image

Samantha

❛ You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see.
But you cannot close your heart to the things you do not want to feel. ❜

My name is Samantha Lona Simmons
I'm only Nineteen
I don't care if you call me Sam, or Sammie
Obviously I'm a Girl
I am the used to be Nerdy girl.

I stand a whopping five feet, and four inches.
I weigh about 118 lbs.
My hair is a reddish color
My eyes are green.

turtles ★★ I'm quite a reserved person. I really don't like being around a large amount of people. Girls mostly, they tend to hate me for no reason. Guys just make me feel uncomfortable because they all tend to be so perverted. I used to be very shy, and afraid to speak my mind. Now though I tell people how it is. I don't care if they don't like me anymore. They either hate me or they don't. It's their problem not mine. Over the years I've grown to be quite stubborn. I stick up for what I believe in, and I don't care if I'm wrong, I'll never admit it. Unless you're Rebecca. Then I'll admit that I'm wrong. Only because she's my best friend. I'm very book smart, and I remember a lot of things. But I'm also very naive when it comes to boys, if you catch my drift. I've never ... been with a boy. But enough about that. I'm bold, stubborn, and reserved. That's all of it pretty much.

turtles ★★ I've always been very nerdy growing up. My parents pushed me to be the best that I could be. They got mad when I got anything below and A. I was six when I had my first piano lesson. Which I continued until just last year. I was nine when I started playing the Alto and Tenor Sax. I played in the band on my Alto. I started Violin when I was ten, and I still take lessons on occasion. My parents started me on all of these lessons. I love music, and I enjoy playing all of the instruments I do today. But they pushed me really hard. I had lessons every day. If I wasn't playing after school, then I was studying with my private tutors. You could say my parents had a bit of money. My mother was a professional cellist who played in an Orchestra. My father was a successful business man, I never really cared to learn exactly what it was that he did. I was pretty much an only child. My parents sent my big brother to live with my grandparents, they said he didn't live up to their expectations. It always bothered me, and I wished I could have seen him more often. He doesn't hate me, we text a lot and talk on the phone on occasion. I love him more than my parents. It also really bothered me that my mother never cared enough to help me look pretty.

I was a scrawny, nerdy child. The only friend I had in Elementary school was Ryder. And even he left me when we hit middle school. He knew all of my secrets, he was my best friend. Yet he threw it all away just to be popular. It killed me everytime he spoke down to me, or berated me. He humiliated me over and over again, and he didn't even say he was sorry. He didn't show any remorse. I had frizzy red hair that was everywhere. He made fun of that. I had crooked teeth. He made fun of that. I got braces to fix my teeth. He made fun of that. I wore thick rimmed glasses, and didn't know how to dress fashionably. He made fun of that. Everything I was, and everything I did, he found a way to make fun of me. When he moved away, it only seemed to get worse. Everyday I got made fun of by the popular kids. By the end of high school I was a broken shell of a girl, with literally no confidence in myself. I hated Ryder Baker. I hated him so much. During the summer I spent my time indoors, reading my books. Or I spent my time doing lessons or studying. Yeah, I know, pathetic. But I didn't care. But one day my mom forced me to go out. She had me run to the store for her because Lonzo, our chef, needed eggs. I left in what I was wearing, blue sweats and an overly large gray sweatshirt. My hair was frizzy and my glasses were falling down my nose as I walked to the store.

The strangest thing happened when I walked through the door of the local grocery store. This beautiful Latino girl approached me, and instantly introduced herself. I was taken aback by her abruptness. She followed me around the store and even had the nerve to follow me home. Her name was Rebecca and she moved up from Mexico that week. I didn't tell her to go home that day, and that was probably the best decision of my life. She grew on me, her loud voice and her crazy attitude had me laughing. I asked the girl if she'd like to stay the night and she gladly agreed. That summer, we became best friends. She also transformed me. She tamed and cut my wild hair. She got me contacts, and she introduced me into the world of fashion. I loved her to pieces. We went to college together, and shared an apartment. She even got me a kitten for my birthday. That was probably because she was bribing me to go see Ryder Baker with her. I said no at least a million times, but somehow, that crazy girl got me to say yes. Now were going to Hollywood to see the one person on this earth that I hate the most.

turtlesThe better things in life ;;
turtlesturtles☆ Music ☆ Becca ☆ Mittens (my cat) ☆ School

turtlesEw. Just.. ew. ;;
turtlesturtles☠ Ryder. ☠ Ryders Movies. ☠ Ryders Movies. ☠ Ryders face.

bubbles➽ extras →﹙ mittens. he's my baby.

x CatastrophicHeartbreak.turtlesturtlesturtles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:08 am
User Image

Ryan

❛ Let me stand next to your fire. ❜

Ryan "Bones" Geoffrey Baker
twenty-two
Bones
male
the bad boy

six-foot-three
one hundred fifty-seven lbs.
black
blue

turtles ★★ Rebellious. Dark. Angry. Quick-witted. All words that describe Ryan accurately. He is easy to anger, possessing a dangerously short fuse, and as his family will tell you, is thick-skulled, smart-mouthed, and a dangerous person to be around. Effed up. Non-functioning member of society. Whatever, it's all bullshit. Yes, he was more a fighter than a lover, yes, he was prone to engaging in less-than-legal activities, and yes, he had expressed on more than one occasion tha he would love to break ryder's nose, arms, and legs, but he wasn't a psychopath. He was just angry. Angry that he wasn't the poster child his parents wanted. Angry that he, the older brother, was stuck in the ******** bloated shadow cast by Ryder. Angry that he had been sent to God damn Sweden so his parents, the media, and society could pucker up and kiss every last inch of Ryder's a**.

So, angry, pretty much.

turtles ★★ I guess the question on his family's mind was who know?

Who friggin' knew?

Who would have guessed that the former boy scout, little league baseball player, all-around good kid would react badly to his parents putting all their time and effort into his kid brother? Who knew that them giving him no attention, not even a glance at the dinner table would lead to fighting, would lead to suspension, expulsion, jail time. Well, honestly, everyone. The neighbors knew. His teachers had warned them. The shrink they sent him to knew. But oh well, the past is the past. He pretty much cut ties with his parents when he was shipped off to the Swedes. Four years. Four god-damned years. And not even a postcard. The whole time was pretty much a blur of busting his a** to get out of their as early as possible. And then graduation night. Didn't really remember much of it. Although he might have made out with his girlfriend, her sister, and her cat before beating the crap out of a guy he had never even met before. That part's kinda fuzzy.

But that was one night. And that night was over. The plain ride back to the States was long and he spent the whole time contemplating how he would ******** ruin Ryder's face. That's when he noticed the stewardess spewing some bullshit about the in-flight movie. It was starring Ryder Baker. ******** great. That was when the guy next to him started talking. Ryan remembered he was a part of a decent hard rock band back in Sweden. Anyway, the guy, Thomas, was talking about how he thought Ryder Baker was a god damn disease. Ryan already liked this guy. He got to talking about their childhood, and how Ryder was a dickweed since childhood, when the guy mentioned he was supposed to be dating some model now. Ryan scoffed but didn't think about it further.

However, when his plane landed he thought about it more and more. He could beat his s**t in and do a jail stint, or he could ruin him legally. He could do something not against the law that would ******** with Ryder on a deep level. A level only brothers could ******** with each other on. He was gonna steal his girl. It helped that she was freakin' gorgeous.

turtlesturtles☆ Harley Davidson Motorcycles ☆ ESP Electric Guitars, particularily the F-Series. ☆ Good music ☆ Breezy summer nights

turtlesEw. Just.. ew. ;;
turtlesturtles☠ Mouthy girls(he can't just punch 'em in the face) ☠ Seafood ☠ Sweets ☠ Ryder.

bubbles➽ extras →﹙ is a huge fan of the Oakland Raiders

Gunslinger Retroturtlesturtlesturtles

Torbjourn

Fuzzy Gekko

4,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Torbjourn

Fuzzy Gekko

4,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:15 am
User Image

Alani Farrah

❛ If you got it flaunt it honey, and I'm sorry but you simply don't have it. ❜

Alani Leanne Farrah
Eighteen
Lane, Leanne
Female
Model/Ryder's Girlfriend

5' 7"
120 pounds
Dark brown
Light blue

turtles ★★ Sexy, naughty and bitchy. If one was to sum up Alani Farrah in three words, those would be the ones. Alani is very bold and forward with her personality. She's a very "the truth hurts" kind of person. She especially enjoys telling others off. This is very true if she finds the person to be very rude, arrogant, and full of them self. Which is odd because she can be the exact same way. Yes she knows she's hot and the epitome of perfection in the eyes of teen boys and grown men everywhere. Will she shove it in your face? You bet she will. And why not? If you got it flaunt it right? She's not one for faking who she is just to get a job. She's one of the most sought after models in Hollywood right now so why should she even try to pretend to be sweet? Not to mention she's only eighteen but she's got something of a drinking problem and loves to party.

However...she may act tough on the out side but no one has ever seen the sweet, innocent side she hides so well. Alani used to be picked on for her looks so she can still be very self-conscious of her body. When she's with the right person, Alani's laugh will light up the room. Her smile is bright and any little compliment will make her blush like mad. She's also quick to cry and a huge softy when it comes to watching sappy movies or something. The only one who's ever seen this side? Her best friend Parker. Oh she also is a total nerd for Japanese anime and lolita culture. Something that kind of slips out occasionally into her photo shoots that she chooses.

turtles ★★ All of her memories of a child in her household were warm. Friendly. Beautiful and loving. She had two parents who both loved her so much and two older brothers who were fiercely protective of her. She never went without any of the necessities. Warm bed, roof over her head and food in her belly. Too much food actually. It was never really a problem in her elementary school though. It was just a small school with local children she had grown up with who came from similar backgrounds as her. So she never really noticed it. Never really cared. Until her family had to move into a new district that is...and middle school rolled around.

Every little girl around her...was skinny. Thin little twig like girls with mean snickers and hurtful words. She couldn't go a full day without being bombarded with fat jokes or snide comments about the way she looked. It progressed from not just her weight but her hair and her face. The way she walked and the way she talked even though she was no different than the other girls in her school. Every day she spent her walks home from school alone and crying. She never told her parents. She was afraid they would hate her. Her brothers couldn't do anything...they were in high school and she didn't want to bother them with her petty troubles. Her only comfort was food. She began to indulge in it even more and so became even more over weight. It was only fitting then that her parents noticed and became concerned with their daughter's health. She took it the wrong way and felt that her parents' were bullies as well. As would any child at her age anyway. So she rebelled. She would hit sweets in her room and steal money just to buy more of the foods she liked. When she got to high school, her weight was even worse. And so she decided to change that.

She realized her parents were trying to help her. She started dieting. It was hard at first but slowly she grew to love the healthier food choices they put out for her. Her Auntie Laura was a big help in that as well considering her parents didn't know the first thing about healthy eating either. It was beneficial to the whole family (though her brothers were slightly displeased about it, they would do anything to help their baby sister though). Her weight gradually started to decrease and as a reward for her efforts, her family surprised her with a trip to Paris to stay with her Auntie Laura to help her with her big upcoming fashion show. She was so excited she could hardly stand the long plane ride over. Once she got there her Aunt started taking her to the gym. Her personal trainer gladly took the teen girl under her wing and though the workouts hurt like hell...the result was amazing.

When Alani came back from the vacation, her parents could hardly believe that they were looking at their little girl. She was drop dead gorgeous. Curves in all the right places and a new found confidence that radiant in waves off of her. Even though she was still the same sweet girl they knew and loved, in school Alani was anything but that girl. She was a snob. Bitchy. And down right rude to anyone who she deemed unworthy to stand in her presence. It was her time to shine and no one was going to stand in her way.

Then she met him. Parker Davis. The cutest, sweetest guy she had ever met in her life. Of course they immediately became friends. She couldn't help but want to be herself around him and felt comfortable enough to do so. She knew she hurt him though with the way she acted towards others but she just couldn't properly explain her reasons why. It was like a defence mechanism to keep herself from getting hurt again. Soon they moved. Alani's Aunt had connections in Hollywood and had hooked her niece up with some fabulous opportunities in the modelling community there. Of course she had to go and of course she had to bring her best friend. Who she secretly loved along...but always felt she was never going to be good enough for a guy as sweet as Parker. Then she met Ryder and oh god did she fall hard for his looks. She was surprised when he asked her out though but she said yes. However she doesn't know how to completely trust him. His dating history was not one that girls generally went for. But he's good for appearances...and she has him wrapped around her finger.

turtlesturtles☆ Family ☆ Parker ☆ Spicy foods ☆ Japanese anime/lolita culture

turtlesEw. Just.. ew. ;;
turtlesturtles☠ Bitchy, better than you girls ☠ Stick thin, starving girls ☠ Sweets (tooooo tempting) ☠ Slow, boring music usually played at big publicity parties

bubbles➽ extras →﹙ Though she's on a strict diet and workout schedule, Alani loves to party and can usually be found in the hottest clubs working it on the dance floor with a few of her girlfriends. Her drinking is becoming a bit of a problem.

HatterHarleyQuinnturtlesturtlesturtles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:21 pm
User Image

Parker

❛ To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves. ❜

Parker Austin Davis
Twenty-one
Parker
Male
Quiet but cute guy

5'9"
155 lbs
Dark Brown
Hazel

turtles ★★ Parker is a geek. One of those super cliche movie geeks. He's shy, quiet, and mostly secluded. When he lets people in, he's funny and fiercely loyal. In high school he was popular enough, but that's because he's cute and his best friend was the HBIC at their school.

So much of Parker's effort goes into pleasing other people and he usually doesn't succeed. It's lead him to believe he's such a failure to everyone. He has a little bit of a self confidence issue in that respect.

Parker tries his best to smile at everyone and really tries to harbor no hatred. Gandhi and Buddha are his role models. But he really can't let go of his deep anger at Ryder, for swooping in, taking his girl (who really wasn't his to begin with), and even parts in movies from him. The Bakers are just thieves who deserve hate.

turtles ★★ From the very beginning Parker knew he was going to be a failure. Mostly because his brother told him so. Right from the start, Alexander Davis got showered with praise. Even as he grew into a alcoholic p***k, he could do no wrong. Alexander was the oldest and so he was better in every way. Parker was just the accident born ten years after the perfect child, that both his parents forgot about. Parker would get an "A-" in middle school and all he would hear for the next semester was, "Alex got straight A's why can't you?" and "Alex had so many life goals and it seems you have none". It was sickening. But Parker pushed through as his self esteem wore away.

Junior year, Parker's dad got a promotion to CEO of his company. It was big. They moved way out of their way and Parker got a restart. Where people didn't know he was "Alexander's screw up little brother". Of course at this point Parker knew hw was a disappointment to everyone, so he kept to his own stuff. Comic book reading at lunch. That's when he met her, the love of his life. Alani. She was gorgeous and funny and almost as nerdy as he was. They became fast friends. It shot Parker up on the food chain a bit. Alani was the head b***h when at school. He quickly realized that she had two sides. Though he didn't like it, it made him feel a little better to know she only shared the real good side with him. It made him fall deeper in love.

Of course our friend Parker couldn't tell her he was in love. Every time he tried he could hear Alex and his parents. Every insult, every creative way they managed to say he was unimpressive, he could hear it. So he stayed silent through their high school years, then he obediently followed her to Hollywood like a puppy. He even started getting roles in minor films. People saying he was cute and even good enough.

That one faithful day he had actually gotten over the voices in his head and made a resolution to tell Alani, he barely got out the, "I lo-" when she broke out with a grin and spilled she was going out with Ryder Baker. It was like she tore his heart right out of his chest and made him watch as she stomped all over it. But he put on a fake grin and listened to her tell every excruciating detail. Never once finishing his sentence. Like a good puppy. That's why they call it puppy love he supposed.

turtlesturtles☆ Alani ☆ Candy ☆ Musicals/Movies ☆ Comic Books

turtlesEw. Just.. ew. ;;
turtlesturtles☠ Loud, crowded rooms ☠ Parents ☠ Ryder ☠ People being mean

bubbles➽ extras →﹙ Parker read comic books like there is no tomorrow. It's usually how the rare paparazzi photo comes out; with him reading a comic book.

I Speak Booksturtlesturtlesturtles

Torbjourn

Fuzzy Gekko

4,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Torbjourn

Fuzzy Gekko

4,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:15 am
User Image

Rebecca

❛ whenever man does a thoroughly stupid thing, it is always from the noblest of motives ❜

Rebecca Maria Castillo - Alverez
Twenty
Becca, Becky
Female
the Dancing Dreamer

5' 5"
106lbs
Brown
Brown/Hazel

turtles ★★ Becca has always been outspoken, even back home in Mexico. Her brothers were always either bailing her out of trouble, or starting it with her, thanks to her big mouth. See, Becca's got a short fuse, and has never been afraid to give someone, anyone, really, a verbal beating. She had an opinion, and you are going to hear it, even if she has to shout it at you. Never having been fond of being told what to do, the latina has fostered a healthy sense of adventure. She posesses the uncanny ability to just explore, without a care in the world. Even in a new place, or even a new country. Becca is independent, and most of the time, she can figure things out on her own, given enough time. She doesn't like asking for help. However, she can be very protective and doting. When her mother died, she was the woman of the house; taking care of others is something she's gotten quite good at, and even enjoys doing. But she is always quick to trust, always believing the best in everyone. She's easily taken advantage of, yet she tends to throw a fit afterwards, in shock that someone would do that. Becca is honest and loyal, and a decent person, once you get past her fat mouth. And to her, so is the rest of the world, given a chance. It's hard for her to image or believe that a person is truly bad at the center of their being. She's always willing to give someone a second chance. Unless is comes to Sam. You make her cry, and Becca will lay out so fast, you won't even see it coming. Hey, you don't grow up with five older brothers and not learn a thing or two about taking someone out.

turtles ★★ Growing up in poverty was pretty commonplace, especially in Mexico. It wasn't a big deal for her. Hell, she was born into it, so how could she even know the difference as a kid? To her, it was perfectly normal. Becca wasn't ever unhappy with their situation. She knew her father worked hard to bring hoome the bread. She knew her brother worked equally as hard. And, as the only girl in the house, it was up to her to take care of it, and her sickly mother. Everyday after school, she'd run straight home to see her mother. The young girl loved nothing more than endlessly chatting with her; being bedridden, Camilla Castillo - Aleverez never had a chance to hear of any local gossip or daily doings. She drank in her daughters tales from school. When her mother was too ill to speak, Becca would take to the cleaning, and eventually cooking, so that there'd be something to eat when her brothers and father got home.

It wasn't really a shock, her mother's passing. It was more like reality finally sinking in. Becca always knew, somewhere in the back of her mind, that the day would finally come when her mother could no longer hang on. It just felt like the day had come too soon. The twelve-year old Rebecca stayed holed up in her room for three days before coming out and talking to anyone. During that time, she cried hysterically. She'd hardly eaten. The following weeks were hard, as well. Chasing a distraction, Becca took to anything she could; reading, sports, art. But she was good at none of it. The only thing she'd ever really been into was music, but her voice was nothing special. It wasn't until the neighbor lady caught her dancing outside that dancing was suggested to her. Becca had always loved to dance, even when she was a babe. The woman taught her everything she knew, and Becca became quite talented.

After graduating high school, Becca decided to leave for a while. She knew she wasn't going to go anywhere in Mexico, and sticking around her house just filled her with painful memories. Her brothers weren't happy with the idea of her leaving, but Becca was having none of that. She was a strong, independent young woman now. And America was where she was going to live her dream.

Mind made up, she left, to attend college in the US. It was there she met Sam. What a pretty girl! But so bookish. Becca came across her at a grocery store after having spotted her there before. She just looked so... untapped. There was something there, and the girl just wasn't getting to it. So, Becca introduced herself, and basically forced her way into Sam's life. Thankfully, the redhead didn't turn her away. She was just the thing Becca needed to reign in her wild ways and loud opinion. They became close quite quickly. And now, with the help of a kitten, she's even convinced her to go to the Ryder Baker concert with her. Becca had been enamoured by the boy since her arrival in America. Now he looked like a guy who knew how to get stuff done. The latina is super excited to meet him. Maybe he'll have some tips for her on how she can reach her own dream.

turtlesturtles☆ Sammie! ☆ Ryder~ ☆ Shopping ☆ Small Animals

turtlesEw. Just.. ew. ;;
turtlesturtles☠ Cheeseburgers ☠ Ungratefulness ☠ Winter ☠ Cheesy Romance Movies

bubbles➽ extras →﹙ Recently, one of her brothers moved to Arizona. Becca talks to him just about every day. She writes letters to the rest of her family back in Mexico (she's still very much fluent in Spanish), and always includes pictures to make sure they know just how she's doing. Oh, and you'll never find the girl without her iPod or a weekly fashion magazine. Lastly, what Becca really, really wants one day, is a puppy.

Reku1495turtlesturtlesturtles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:41 am
User Image

Ryder

❛ The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want. ❜

Ryder James Baker
Twenty
RJ, sexy, but I prefer Ryder
Male
The Golden Boy!

5'11"
One hundred twenty-six pounds, mainly muscle
Brown
Blue

turtles ★★ [******** off. This just so happens to be Ryder's favorite saying. He tends to not take s**t from anyone and he's learned to not trust a single person. He's very manipulative and his capable of getting anything he wants, especially with the ladies. He's also incredibly charming, aside from his dashing good looks. He knows how to make a girl smile, which explains his track record when it comes to dating. While most may not know this aside from his mother and father, he's very funny and loves to crack jokes only around those he is comfortable with. However, he did have a very short temper and that showed in high school. He got into many fights, breaking peoples noses and such and constantly getting into trouble. He was following in his brother's footsteps and that scared him. He wanted nothing more to be perfect, in his parents eyes, but even that was difficult to do.

turtles ★★ You could say that Ryder has lived a good life so far. And that would be true. But perfect? Not even close. And it never will be. For most of his childhood, he was just a normal kid, playing sports, hanging out with friends and making good grades. Of course that all changed a bit as he grew up. When his parents split up, he began fighting at school, fist fights and all kinds of crazy stuff. He got suspended and was almost threatened to be expelled when they lived in Nevada. That was wake up call for Ryder. He didn't want to end up like his brother, shipped off to god knows where. Ryder knew his brother resented him for something that was completely out of his control. One can't really tell a parent that you should be their favorite. Sure he was an a*****e, but having such animosity for not being the favorite? Really? Ryder could understand being upset about not receiving much attention, especially after being shipped off to a random country. He didn't want his brother to not be cared for by their parents, but it wasn't like he could do much about it. So he just let it happen. And because of his brothers childishness, he grew to dislike him. Anyways, after his little wake up call, Ryder took up singing and found that he was good at it, amazing at it actually. His father was able to get him a deal and they eventually moved to Hollywood and in those few years, he has stared in many films, another talent he has, and has also dated quite a lot[/i of girls. But he has found a girl who he believes his the one. He's getting ready to ask to marry her and he's very thrilled.

turtlesturtles☆ Alani ☆ Partying ☆ Ciagrettes ☆ Singing

turtlesEw. Just.. ew. ;;
turtlesturtles☠ Middle school memories ☠ Being bored ☠ Ryan ☠ Making a mess

bubbles➽ extras →﹙ Ryder has multiple tattoos on his arms and chest

Flawless Fireturtlesturtlesturtles

Torbjourn

Fuzzy Gekko

4,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • The Wolf Within 100