Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Shop Owner Basics and Information (Must Read) (DA) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:37 am
Hello, my name is Acacia Persephone Ryans but I generally go by Cacia to my patrons and Casey to my family

I would like to purchase Flourish and Blotts

How did I come to get this shop? Well... when I moved back to London from my stay in Paraguay with my husband and son, I knew it would be unlikely that I would be able to hold a job within the ministry considering that my family had disowned me for marrying a halfblood. I decided that to keep myself busy it would be nice to own a shop. Expenses in Paraguay were considerably cheaper so I was able to have some savings myself and the rest I was able to take as a loan from my cousin who's family income come purely from her work and her husbands work.

The things I love about this shop are
-learning about the curriculum current Hogwarts students are pursuing
-being surrounded by books
-the smell of both the new and old books
-seeing first years buy their Hogwarts books for the first time
-discussing literature with my patrons

The things I despise about this shop are
-people who bring food or drinks into the store
-whenever things go missing in the store
-accounting errors
-rude or impatient customers
-overly rowdy customers

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I am willing to tutor students in Spanish, Arithmacy, History of Magic, or World Studies.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:09 pm
mc2
Hello, my name is Acacia Persephone Ryans but I generally go by Cacia to my patrons and Casey to my family

I would like to purchase Flourish and Blotts

How did I come to get this shop? Well... when I moved back to London from my stay in Paraguay with my husband and son, I knew it would be unlikely that I would be able to hold a job within the ministry considering that my family had disowned me for marrying a halfblood. I decided that to keep myself busy it would be nice to own a shop. Expenses in Paraguay were considerably cheaper so I was able to have some savings myself and the rest I was able to take as a loan from my cousin who's family income come purely from her work and her husbands work.

-learning about the curriculum current Hogwarts students are pursuing
-being surrounded by books
-the smell of both the new and old books
-seeing first years buy their Hogwarts books for the first time
-discussing literature with my patrons

-people who bring food or drinks into the store
-whenever things go missing in the store
-accounting errors
-rude or impatient customers
-overly rowdy customers

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I am willing to tutor students in Spanish, Arithmacy, History of Magic, or World Studies.

Accepted!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:30 pm
Hello, my name is Gardenia Lincoln)

I would like to purchase Obscurus Books

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I always wanted to own a book shop, my dad was a writer and my mom was a publisher. It seemed only logical to open a store. I always had my eye on Obscurus, even as a child, but it never seemed to be for sale. Finally one day it was and I jumped on the chance. I can;t wait to add my touch to it.

The things I love about this shop are being surrounded by books, helping people find books they would enjoy, meeting people, the quiet times I get, and old book smell.

The things I despise about this shop are when people cause trouble, when there is a mess, people who don't love books in the store, if it gets too noisy, if it gets too crowded.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:38 pm
Maiya Kajuji
Hello, my name is Gardenia Lincoln)

I would like to purchase Obscurus Books

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I always wanted to own a book shop, my dad was a writer and my mom was a publisher. It seemed only logical to open a store. I always had my eye on Obscurus, even as a child, but it never seemed to be for sale. Finally one day it was and I jumped on the chance. I can;t wait to add my touch to it.

The things I love about this shop are being surrounded by books, helping people find books they would enjoy, meeting people, the quiet times I get, and old book smell.

The things I despise about this shop are when people cause trouble, when there is a mess, people who don't love books in the store, if it gets too noisy, if it gets too crowded.

Accepted!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:34 pm
Hello, my name is Luke Bennett

I would like to purchase La Petite Fantaisie. It will be a sort of fancy restaurant, classy and unique with all sort of varity of foods. It was also serve a traditional high tea in the afternoons.

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I was walking through the Alley one day and it occurred to me that there were no real restaurants. At least not ones I could appreciate in my tastes. There was a lovely little open place a wandered upon and suddenly ideas started to fill my head. So here I am, living my dream.

The things I love about this shop are getting to meet new people, getting people to enjoy food, bringing people together, making new food, the atmosphere of the place.

The things I despise about this shop are huge crowds, when it gets too busy, when people annoy other customers, when people complain about the food, the business side of it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:39 pm
Maiya Kajuji
Hello, my name is Luke Bennett

I would like to purchase La Petite Fantaisie. It will be a sort of fancy restaurant, classy and unique with all sort of varity of foods. It was also serve a traditional high tea in the afternoons.

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I was walking through the Alley one day and it occurred to me that there were no real restaurants. At least not ones I could appreciate in my tastes. There was a lovely little open place a wandered upon and suddenly ideas started to fill my head. So here I am, living my dream.

The things I love about this shop are getting to meet new people, getting people to enjoy food, bringing people together, making new food, the atmosphere of the place.

The things I despise about this shop are huge crowds, when it gets too busy, when people annoy other customers, when people complain about the food, the business side of it.

Accepted!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:16 pm
Hello, my name is Wyatt Abrams

I would like to purchase Quidditch Quality Supplies

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I've recently made the big jump across the pond and need a job. Working muggle jobs hold no interest and working for your Ministry seems....weird. So, walking down Diagon one day I saw this empty shop and heard it used to be a Quidditch shop until Gringotts foreclosed upon it. I've always loved Quidditch and everything to do with flying and thought that if I couldn't do, I could at least either teach or sell to those who can.

+I'm around Quidditch supplies all day
+I get to try out the newest brooms
+I'm never really bored unless I have to do paperwork
+I always have business
+Call me a mush but I like making people happy

-I'm always on my feet, and with my bum knee this can get very bad very fast
-Paperwork, all the damn paperwork
-Having kids with sticky hands come in and touch everything
-Having parents with sticky grins come in and do the same
-Having to tell someone they can't afford something

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Due to a Quidditch accident back in my sixth form I have a permanently twisted knee that can sometimes cause irrational pain. If for some reason this pain persists I will close shop for about half a day.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:42 pm
Hello, my name is Chantale Ellis

I would like to work at Magical Menagerie

+The Animals!
+Being around animals all day
+Caring for animals
+Helping people find the perfect companion or familiar
+The-...oo I mentioned that already. Then I really love it when new babies come in!

-The smells that sometimes occur
-Cleaning up after some unfortunate messes
-Unpacking the heavier boxes
-Seeing people not being able to afford the things they want
-Not people able to take some of them home

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Due to the fact that I'm still a student I can only work during holidays  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:47 pm
Yukina101
Hello, my name is Chantale Ellis

I would like to work at Magical Menagerie

+The Animals!
+Being around animals all day
+Caring for animals
+Helping people find the perfect companion or familiar
+The-...oo I mentioned that already. Then I really love it when new babies come in!

-The smells that sometimes occur
-Cleaning up after some unfortunate messes
-Unpacking the heavier boxes
-Seeing people not being able to afford the things they want
-Not people able to take some of them home

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Due to the fact that I'm still a student I can only work during holidays

Hired!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:13 pm
Yukina101
Hello, my name is Wyatt Abrams

I would like to purchase Quidditch Quality Supplies

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I've recently made the big jump across the pond and need a job. Working muggle jobs hold no interest and working for your Ministry seems....weird. So, walking down Diagon one day I saw this empty shop and heard it used to be a Quidditch shop until Gringotts foreclosed upon it. I've always loved Quidditch and everything to do with flying and thought that if I couldn't do, I could at least either teach or sell to those who can.

+I'm around Quidditch supplies all day
+I get to try out the newest brooms
+I'm never really bored unless I have to do paperwork
+I always have business
+Call me a mush but I like making people happy

-I'm always on my feet, and with my bum knee this can get very bad very fast
-Paperwork, all the damn paperwork
-Having kids with sticky hands come in and touch everything
-Having parents with sticky grins come in and do the same
-Having to tell someone they can't afford something

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Due to a Quidditch accident back in my sixth form I have a permanently twisted knee that can sometimes cause irrational pain. If for some reason this pain persists I will close shop for about half a day.

Accepted

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:20 pm
Note: this is for after Sunny graduates, but just putting art shop request out there so I claim it 0 3 0

Hello, my name isSun Henrick

I would like to purchase Art of This World

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I knew I wanted to do something related to art, because it's my passion. In Diagon Alley, where all of the shopping occurs, it was surprising to find none that sold art supplies, paintings, etc. So, I purchased an empty store, which I promptly redesigned and made into an arts supplies store.

- Being so close to my passion
- Further my art career through commissions
- Making children smile with my on-the-spot doodle requests
- I am my own boss
- I can draw all day

- Doing inventory is tiring
- I can't do more complicated paintings, since I don't have the time
- Children spilling food and beverage items onto art supplies
- Seeing people's disappointed looks when I decline commissions of portraits, because I only paint landscape and animals
- Telling people to not open boxes or cans  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:43 am
Hello, my name is London Castles- - - and Seong Han.

We would like to purchase The All or Nothing

How did I come to get this shop? Well...

L: I knew the original owner, Quynn, actually. It was actually a sort of hand-me-down, due to a series of unfortunate events, most of everyone just upped and left due to personal issues. I was a close friend, they handed it over to me, which was cool, so I said yes. I roped Seong into it too. <3 I need someone else to look after the store when I have to go for shoots. I think I'm qualified enough for most things to be asked for, I apprenticed for a decent while and I know my way around the place. Certified and all.

S: I was convinced to be a co-owner. There wasn't really much I could do, and it seemed like an interesting venture. It's right up my alley, so I took the opportunity.

L:
+ There's a skate park in the shop.
+ It's a rad place, the way it's designed is really nice.
+ It's a tattoo and piercing shop. It feeds my sadistic tendencies.
+ Gives me a chance to do something that I can actually work for.
+ It's an awesome place in general.

S:
+ I like the location, food's just around the corner.
+ It gives me something to do with my life.
+ I'm going to art on people's skin and plunge needles into them. What's not to like?
+ It's a source of income.
+ The skatepark makes a nice getaway.

L:
- Dude, we need to get some paint on these walls.
- Also, it needs a huge revamp. It feels clogged up.
- More glass, natural light is a good thing.
- Irresponsible brats
- LOITERERS.

S:
- People who take their time picking out a tat. I know it's permanent, but it'd be nice if you could pick sometime this week.
- There are broken teeth in the skate park. Not very pleasant to clean up.
- There needs to be a new cash register.
- The ambience sucks- - - gloom and doom is not conducive to creativity. Or motivation to actually do things right.
- Fools in general.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! So, both of us actually do a little experimenting based on a few things we came up with before. Tattooing runes is something we're working on and hopefully make available- - - it's a reasonably good thing, being able to stick on what is essentially protection on your body. Still kinking it out, though!  

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:02 am
Lady Pomegranates
Hello, my name is London Castles- - - and Seong Han.

We would like to purchase The All or Nothing

How did I come to get this shop? Well...

L: I knew the original owner, Quynn, actually. It was actually a sort of hand-me-down, due to a series of unfortunate events, most of everyone just upped and left due to personal issues. I was a close friend, they handed it over to me, which was cool, so I said yes. I roped Seong into it too. <3 I need someone else to look after the store when I have to go for shoots. I think I'm qualified enough for most things to be asked for, I apprenticed for a decent while and I know my way around the place. Certified and all.

S: I was convinced to be a co-owner. There wasn't really much I could do, and it seemed like an interesting venture. It's right up my alley, so I took the opportunity.

L:
+ There's a skate park in the shop.
+ It's a rad place, the way it's designed is really nice.
+ It's a tattoo and piercing shop. It feeds my sadistic tendencies.
+ Gives me a chance to do something that I can actually work for.
+ It's an awesome place in general.

S:
+ I like the location, food's just around the corner.
+ It gives me something to do with my life.
+ I'm going to art on people's skin and plunge needles into them. What's not to like?
+ It's a source of income.
+ The skatepark makes a nice getaway.

L:
- Dude, we need to get some paint on these walls.
- Also, it needs a huge revamp. It feels clogged up.
- More glass, natural light is a good thing.
- Irresponsible brats
- LOITERERS.

S:
- People who take their time picking out a tat. I know it's permanent, but it'd be nice if you could pick sometime this week.
- There are broken teeth in the skate park. Not very pleasant to clean up.
- There needs to be a new cash register.
- The ambience sucks- - - gloom and doom is not conducive to creativity. Or motivation to actually do things right.
- Fools in general.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! So, both of us actually do a little experimenting based on a few things we came up with before. Tattooing runes is something we're working on and hopefully make available- - - it's a reasonably good thing, being able to stick on what is essentially protection on your body. Still kinking it out, though!

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:00 pm
Hello, my name is Charlize Wynters

I would like to purchase GalloLoans

How did I come to get this shop? Well... The company was founded by my dear, departed husband's family. He was the only male child born to his family, so naturally when his parents died, sole ownership was transferred to him. He made me a partner, an agreement we had set while he was courting me, and named me to be the sole beneficiary of his will to prevent his two older sisters from seizing control, assuming that if it remained in my hands, our son Alec would inherit when he came of age. Of course, that won't be the case now... but I digress.

The things I love about this shop are working with money, being able to help those less fortunate, having something to do with my time, having a steady income and getting to meet all sorts of people.

The things I despise about this shop are having to be hard on clients who don't keep up payments, being unable to change the interest rate (it's in the contract, unfortunately), not having much time to spend with my children, dealing with the legal work when things go sour and not being able to help more when someone is in a bad spot.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Actually that's all a lie, I love taking money from people, I love it when they can't pay and I get to take everything they have, and I despise dealing with poor people. But, ah, well. At least I get to lord my power over them.  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers