Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Shop Owner Basics and Information (Must Read) (DA) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:00 pm
Yukina101
Employee Application

Hello, my name is: Louise Ellis-Hall

I would like to apply as a Barista at I Like You A Latte

The things I love about this shop are: playing around with different flavors, doing latte foam art, complementary drinks, I can do small performances when its slow, I don't really have a "uniform" which is awesome.

The things I hate about this shop are: snobby customers, when an order is needlessly complicated, I find coffee beans in the weirdest of places, I'm on my feet literally ALL day, no matter how many times I wash them my hands always end up being sticky.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: Sometimes I could possibly bring my kalimba or guitar for work and can play for the cafe, maybe?

MJ Spooks

Hired!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:04 pm
addaellis
Owner Application

Hello, my name is Scytharia Blackwood

I would like to purchase Terror Tours

How did I come to get this shop? Well... After graduation, I came to the U.K. to travel and visit my cousin, but wanted to pick up some work while I was around. So I applied as a trip guide and planner for the Terror Tours and worked with the previous owner and their spouse (NPCs), learning about the area and the various existing tour packages. I loved the work and it gave me great opportunities to travel and have fun adventures, so I ended up staying longer. Just over a year after I started, the owners announced their plan to retire at the end of the year and offering to turn the business over to me. I’m honored of course, and it’s my dream job. But it’s a lot of responsibility and a lot to wrap up in three months!

The things I love about this shop are
-scouting for new adventures
-planning people’s vacations or expeditions
-going with customers as a tour guide and finding out about them on the journey.
-learning more about places
-eeking out free time on a trip to do one more spontaneous thing

The things I despise about this shop are
-customers who keep changing their minds
-haggling with shops and locations for better prices
-customers who are woefully unprepared or overburdened for an adventure or too shy
-thinking of quippy things for guide presentations
-there is always too much to do! We need more staff!

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Would have applied last year (Summer 2052) as a trip guide and planner.
MJ Spooks

Accepted!  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:32 pm
Employee Application

Hello, my name is: Nasim Findlay-Abrams

I would like to apply as a Clerk at Sugarplums Sweet's Shop

The things I love about this shop are: The smells, the bright colors, arranging the different candies and confections, my boss is really flexible about hours, sweets discounts

The things I hate about this shop are: When kids try to lick products without paying for it, when kids put their sticky fingers on e v e r y t h i n g, when parents don't control their kid having a tantrum about sweets, everything makes you hungry even if you don't want sweets, when friends try to ask you for discounts.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:14 pm
Name: Finley Archer
Which instruments can you play?: Trumpet (regular B♭, piccolo C#, and fluegelhorn), Xylophone, Drums
Any previous experience?: Successfully running Hogwarts' Music Club for 5 years, lots of shop experience, both with customers and behind the tills
Why should you be hired here?: I believe I can do a great job in teaching people about the music I love. I'm also great at working with people and am good at maths, which comes in handy for the tills.
Anything else I should know?: I'd really like to be a music instructor, but am also willing to put in hours anywhere in the shop.
yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:42 pm
Cinnabun Gryffie
Name: Finley Archer
Which instruments can you play?: Trumpet (regular B♭, piccolo C#, and fluegelhorn), Xylophone, Drums
Any previous experience?: Successfully running Hogwarts' Music Club for 5 years, lots of shop experience, both with customers and behind the tills
Why should you be hired here?: I believe I can do a great job in teaching people about the music I love. I'm also great at working with people and am good at maths, which comes in handy for the tills.
Anything else I should know?: I'd really like to be a music instructor, but am also willing to put in hours anywhere in the shop.
yukina101

Hired!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:24 pm
Employee Application

Hello, my name is: Eion Delacroix

I would like to apply as a piercer at All or Nothing.

The things I love about this shop are: seeing other body art/mods, the laid-back yet professional atmosphere, owners not letting customers be total jerks, good pricing on everything, stabbing people doing cool piercings

The things I hate about this shop are: weird customers, pained screaming (if you can't handle it, go away), indecisive customers, people who don't want to pay for their work/metal, and people that don't follow care instructions then get an infection and come back to yell

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: Despite only having one eye, I've gotten pretty good with piercings. I also studied a few healing spells that come in handy, plus I'm pretty good at providing care instructions to prevent damage or infections.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:45 pm
Cinnabun Gryffie
Employee Application

Hello, my name is: Eion Delacroix

I would like to apply as a piercer at All or Nothing.

The things I love about this shop are: seeing other body art/mods, the laid-back yet professional atmosphere, owners not letting customers be total jerks, good pricing on everything, stabbing people doing cool piercings

The things I hate about this shop are: weird customers, pained screaming (if you can't handle it, go away), indecisive customers, people who don't want to pay for their work/metal, and people that don't follow care instructions then get an infection and come back to yell

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: Despite only having one eye, I've gotten pretty good with piercings. I also studied a few healing spells that come in handy, plus I'm pretty good at providing care instructions to prevent damage or infections.

Yukina101

Hired!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:14 am
Employee Application

Hello, my name is: Fiana Arlin Byrnes

I would like to apply as a Shop Assistant at Synister Studios

The things I love about this shop are:
- I'm learning a lot about art and techniques used in art!
- I'm learning a lot about how instruments are constructed as well!
- There's usually time to study and practice my own drawing
- Finding ways to organize the paintings and instruments in the shop has been really fun.
- Diagon Alley is a great place to learn more about the magical world and Dris has always been happy to explain things I don't understand
- The kids! Occasionally getting to take care of Lewis and Rosa is a bunch of fun

The things I hate about this shop are:
- I'm always a mess after work and have to change-- even when I'm just working at the desk
- Cleaning up after lessons-- paint just gets everywhere!
- Washing brushes and palettes. Leftover paint is very sad.
- Magical money is weird.
- People sometimes have the strangest requests and insist they know better than the painter how to get it done. It's off-putting.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: This should have been in around October 2054.

Cinnabun Gryffie

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:36 pm
addaellis
Employee Application

Hello, my name is: Fiana Arlin Byrnes

I would like to apply as a Shop Assistant at Synister Studios

The things I love about this shop are:
- I'm learning a lot about art and techniques used in art!
- I'm learning a lot about how instruments are constructed as well!
- There's usually time to study and practice my own drawing
- Finding ways to organize the paintings and instruments in the shop has been really fun.
- Diagon Alley is a great place to learn more about the magical world and Dris has always been happy to explain things I don't understand
- The kids! Occasionally getting to take care of Lewis and Rosa is a bunch of fun

The things I hate about this shop are:
- I'm always a mess after work and have to change-- even when I'm just working at the desk
- Cleaning up after lessons-- paint just gets everywhere!
- Washing brushes and palettes. Leftover paint is very sad.
- Magical money is weird.
- People sometimes have the strangest requests and insist they know better than the painter how to get it done. It's off-putting.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: This should have been in around October 2054.

Cinnabun Gryffie

Hired!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:45 pm
Owner Application

Hello, my name is Yvonne Spencer

I would like to purchase Madam Primpernelle's Beautifying Potions

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I purchased it.

The things I love about this shop are the satisfaction that comes with removing acne, learning about advancements in skincare, helping others feel confident, working with beauty products, and the shop's aesthetic.

The things I despise about this shop are clients that try a potion once and claim it doesn't help, dealing with side effects from potions, defective products, clients that joke about inappropriate "facials", and clients that don't listen to my recommendations.

MJ Spooks

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 10:09 pm
Employee Application

Hello, my name is: Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

I would like to apply as a Cook at La Petite Fantaisie

The things I love about this shop are: learning new recipes, getting free food, having others enjoy the food I make, the elegant atmosphere, and the kitchen gossip.

The things I hate about this shop are: having to remake dishes due to customer complaints, the grueling work, working long hours, working in a hot kitchen, and being on my feet all day.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I was part of the Culinary Cub at Hogwarts for all seven years, and I was the Captain for my final year.

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:39 pm
Employee Application

Hello, my name is: Andrea Hart

I would like to apply as a Potioneer at J. Pippins Potions.

The things I love about this shop are: Interacting with people, Experimenting, Helping people, Putting my potion skills to use, and Organizing shelves.

The things I hate about this shop are: Potion mishaps, Being rushed, Gross Ingredients, Not having what I need, and Temperamental Shoppers.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I've had potioneer experience for most of my life. Got back into it more in 2045 so that's about 6 years current experience. (Time of application 2051)

Essy ze Ninja

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:14 pm
kiska166
Owner Application

Hello, my name is Yvonne Spencer

I would like to purchase Madam Primpernelle's Beautifying Potions

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I purchased it.

The things I love about this shop are the satisfaction that comes with removing acne, learning about advancements in skincare, helping others feel confident, working with beauty products, and the shop's aesthetic.

The things I despise about this shop are clients that try a potion once and claim it doesn't help, dealing with side effects from potions, defective products, clients that joke about inappropriate "facials", and clients that don't listen to my recommendations.

Quote:

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:15 pm
kiska166
Employee Application

Hello, my name is: Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

I would like to apply as a Cook at La Petite Fantaisie

The things I love about this shop are: learning new recipes, getting free food, having others enjoy the food I make, the elegant atmosphere, and the kitchen gossip.

The things I hate about this shop are: having to remake dishes due to customer complaints, the grueling work, working long hours, working in a hot kitchen, and being on my feet all day.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I was part of the Culinary Cub at Hogwarts for all seven years, and I was the Captain for my final year.

Essy ze Ninja

You're Hired!  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:23 pm
murruelecreuset
Employee Application

Hello, my name is: Andrea Hart

I would like to apply as a Potioneer at J. Pippins Potions.

The things I love about this shop are: Interacting with people, Experimenting, Helping people, Putting my potion skills to use, and Organizing shelves.

The things I hate about this shop are: Potion mishaps, Being rushed, Gross Ingredients, Not having what I need, and Temperamental Shoppers.

Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: I've had potioneer experience for most of my life. Got back into it more in 2045 so that's about 6 years current experience. (Time of application 2051)

Quote:

You're Hired!  
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas