Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Got myself a new phone!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:26 pm
Just got my new HTC droid DNA a couple days ago. So far I'm loving the smoothness of the phone. Blows the gs3 right out of the water. This thing is just an absolute beast. Plus I get an amazing plan through Verizon at only 30 per month. In addition to amazing hardware, the phone just looks frickin sexy. http://media.gdgt.com/img/products/474/a69y/a69y-300.jpg for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Imo it is the best phone on the market right now. optimus g and nexus 4 just can't compare. All written and sent from my DNA on Verizon's 4G LTE network.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:07 pm

Ooo, how lovely~ Grats on the new phone! :3

Setsunasa

Inquisitive Ally

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:14 pm
I think HTC is a very underrated brand. To this day have not seen a single phone released by HTC that wasn't amazing in some aspect. The biggest gripeI've heard about HTC phones is their sub par battery size. However recently, namely in the droid DNA, battery efficiency has been markedly stepped up. The 2020 milli amp hour battery may seem small, but it actually out lasts the American galaxy s3. Previously in the HTC EVO and HTC One series, build quality was always well above average. However, sales were eclipsed buy the Samsung Galaxy series and the iPhone series of smartphones. Personally I've always preferred HTC phones to pretty much every other manufacturer. the only other manufacturer that I felt could be comparable to HTC was Nokia but that's a different story. IPhone designs are bland and boring, Samsung designs feel like recycled water bottles, LG designs feel like boxes rather than phones, most other manufacturers such as ZTE and Kyocera are even more boring than iPhones. I suppose HTC has had much more experience in terms of design than most other manufactures simply because they did have their own UMPC devices in the HTC Shift. Then again, Sony also had their own UMPCs and they didn't turn out very well. Perhaps they would have done well in the smartphone arena had they invested more time into designing a solid phone. But I digress. The only HTC phone I was mildly disappointed with was the evo design. For some reason HTC decided to put the internal antenna right in the middle of the phone so even turning the phone upside down would yield a weak signal. This was opposed to other phones such as the galaxy s2 of whom you could simply turn the phone upside down for better reception since the antenna is located in the bottom of the phone. But so far the DNA seems to be the jack of all trades. Great battery for its size, incredible reception considering its Motorola rivals, lightning fast speed, and sleek design put it right up there. I would recommend this phone to anyone even old ladies lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 am
Perfect timing! I was also planning on getting a new phone...it's an Android, right?

Also, do you live in Maui? Island buddies!  

Paradoxismminant

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:32 pm
Paradoxismminant
Perfect timing! I was also planning on getting a new phone...it's an Android, right?

Yes I do. Yes it is android. So far it seems to brew a great phone. Only downside is that Verizon decided to block HTCdev on this phone. But it does come with an unlocked SIM slot so you can use it in any gsm carrier if you by it outright.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:56 am
▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

Congrats on your purchase! (^O^)
Embrace the android within you xD

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Paradoxismminant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14 am
maui boy no ka oi
Paradoxismminant

Yes I do. Yes it is android. So far it seems to brew a great phone. Only downside is that Verizon decided to block HTCdev on this phone. But it does come with an unlocked SIM slot so you can use it in any gsm carrier if you by it outright.
I ended up buying the HTC One VX. I have AT&T though  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:42 pm
Paradoxismminant
maui boy no ka oi
Paradoxismminant

I ended up buying the HTC One VX. I have AT&T though
The one series of phones is good as well. You really can't go wrong with HTC (unless you get the droid incredible 4g lte). They've all got something amazing about them. The efficiency and ingenuity of their design is just so much better than its Samsung competitors. Also just so you know, the DNA comes with an unlocked SIM card slot so I can hop on at&t whenever I felt like it lol.

@koromyst: Also thinking of getting a phone from sprint. Thinking of getting the optimus g.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items