Welcome to Gaia! ::

xXx ~ The Feeders of Stein ~ xXx

Back to Guilds

An Offical Home Base for the Feeders of Stein, the force behind Stein's climb in Pie Hard and his bronze medal! 

Tags: Stein, The Feeders of Stein, Role-playing, CrosStitch 

Reply The Common Room (Our Chatter Box)
Welcome to Christmas Event 2k12 Planning! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Red of Hawkswin
Captain

Durem Lover

15,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Nerd 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:56 pm
Hello Feeders!
A select few of us have been working very hard to plan out the Christmas event, and here are the results of our labor! We will be combining the Halloween's voted theme of twisted fairytale with a Snow Gala! The result is a twisted version of the Nutcracker.

How this will work is you will read all the content below, and then give your feedback (on the plot and about additional contest ideas) by the end of the week (December 1st).

Plot:

We all remember the tale of the Nutcracker. A classic Christmas time fairytale in which the young Clara was bestowed by her godfather a lovely nutcracker prince who, when the clock struck midnight came to life and engaged in a battle with the Rat King and his minions in the ballroom of Clara's manor. Having saved the prince from being killed by the King of Rats, the prince whisked Clara away to the Land of Sweets, where after being made the princess, she woke up in the parlor with her tiara and her nutcracker doll beside her. She fell asleep thinking it was all a dream, but her godfather knew better. And for good reason...

Many years have passed; our dear Clara has moved on, and we are only left with that whimsical, heartwarming tale of adventure and romance. But deep within the grand mansion that the Feeders of Stein have rented for their First Annual Snow Gala, sits a hidden room with a very dark secret. Within the room, stand two life sized Tin Soldiers crafted by Drosselmeyer to stand guard over Clara's doll-which has long since turned dark and dangerous looking. Little does the world know that when Clara left the Land of Sweets as a child, it wasn't because she had a choice.

Upon the Rat King's last breath, he cast a very dangerous curse on their lands that caused the souls and powers of every being in the world to switch vessels with their oppose equal. The Nutcracker Prince was transported to the Rat Prince's body, while the Queen of the Sugarplum Fairies was put into the body of the Queen of the Soul Faes, soul-stealing faries who dominate the marshes of the Land of Rodents. The Rat Prince then took the body of the Nutcracker Prince, and the Queen of the Soul Faes and her court took the bodies of the Sugarplum Fairies. The Land of Sweets and the Land of Rodents went completely Freaky Friday.

However, that was many, many years ago. By now, all souls have grown accustomed to their new bodies, even going as far as to change the physical appearance to reflect their inner beings. The Rat Prince has changed his humanoid body- and the shell of the doll that exists in the Land of Humans- to become twistedly dark, while the Nutcracker in his rat body is neatly groomed and is looking more humanoid than usual.

But the most important thing, is that the warning of the curse has long since been forgotten with Drosselmeyer's passing and the old tin soldiers protecting the evil nutcracker are rusted and of no good use to the wandering soul who happens to stumble across the secret room and is tempted into opening the nutcracker's display case- unleashing the curse upon the entire mansion and all of its guests.

A new battle begins as all the decorations and presents in the mansion become pawns for the nutcracker to use, and this time it is the Rat Prince that comes to the rescue of ourselves and our guests. After retreating back to the Land of Rodents, we will then begin our quest to break the curse and return all souls to their rightful vessels and restore life to the Land of Sweets.

This is a roleplaying event, and we will need a crew of several people to keep it up and running.

Crew Characters:
Hosts and Gala-goers (as Mods)
The Nutcracker Prince (in his rat body)
The Rat Prince (The Evil Nutcracker: ???)
The Queen of the Sugarplum Faries (in her soul fae body)
The Queen of the Soul Faes (in her sugarplum body)
NPCs

You will need to dress the part.

Contest Ideas:
A Coat Drive-Raffle:
Participants will donate items they no longer need, at the end of the event they will be granted random prizes according to the number of items they donated to our drive throughout our user-run event.

A Raffle for a Valuable Item:
Participants will pay for tickets to enter a raffle for an item of great value. At the end of the Christmas event we will use random.org to determine our winner.

TekTek contests:
Throughout our roleplaying event, we will hold tektek contests in which participants will create a tektek to be turned into an NPC that will serve as a random encounter throughout our journey to dethrone the Evil Nutcracker.

Progress through the event will be marked by landmarks (based off of certain dances from the original ballet) that we pass by on our way to the Evil Nutcracker's castle.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:16 pm
Reserved for Additional space.  

Lady Red of Hawkswin
Captain

Durem Lover

15,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Nerd 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Sol Cur Lun

Fuzzy Inquisitor

8,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:34 pm
For the coat drive. How do you plan on keeping track of all the items? Will you have a list that keeps track of everything?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:18 pm
Sol Cur Lun
For the coat drive. How do you plan on keeping track of all the items? Will you have a list that keeps track of everything?

We'll have a list keeping track of how many items each person has donated.

Battery Acid Included

BAI, I'm going to need you to take over with the refinement period. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for the Northern Woods to attend my grandfather's memorial service later this week...  

Lady Red of Hawkswin
Captain

Durem Lover

15,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Nerd 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Battery Acid Included
Vice Captain

Wild-Haired Crimester

28,550 Points
  • Craziest Hair Award 1000
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Champion Cardholder 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:54 pm
The Red-Tailed Hawk
Sol Cur Lun

We'll have a list keeping track of how many items each person has donated.

Battery Acid Included

BAI, I'm going to need you to take over with the refinement period. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for the Northern Woods to attend my grandfather's memorial service later this week...
All right, no problem. Hopefully we get some suggestions and I'll work off of those from there.

So far everything looks really great with the information we have.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:25 pm
Any suggestions at all, guys? This ends by December 1st, so if anything is confusing or you want to know more about, please don't be afraid to speak up!  

Battery Acid Included
Vice Captain

Wild-Haired Crimester

28,550 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Black Witch of Ra

Greedy Shapeshifter

18,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:11 pm
Are the characters mule-accounts or are the for dress up?
I don't have any ideas or suggestions to be honest.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:20 am
Black Witch of Ra
I believe from my understanding, we hold tektek contests where people get to create what the NPCs will look like, and then they are used like that in the RP. So I don't think it'd be a mule account necessarily, I think the avatar itself would be posted with the script that goes with it?

If I'm wrong I'll let you know, I will check with Red to make sure this is correct.

Battery Acid Included
Vice Captain

Wild-Haired Crimester

28,550 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Lady Red of Hawkswin
Captain

Durem Lover

15,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Nerd 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:48 am
Battery Acid Included
Black Witch of Ra
I believe from my understanding, we hold tektek contests where people get to create what the NPCs will look like, and then they are used like that in the RP. So I don't think it'd be a mule account necessarily, I think the avatar itself would be posted with the script that goes with it?

If I'm wrong I'll let you know, I will check with Red to make sure this is correct.

I'm going to extend this until the 3rd because I've taken so long to get back to you on this- I'm sorry. It's been really busy here.

We will have people playing the NPCs, I had originally signed up for the Evil Nutcracker Prince as I had already created the avatar that goes with it. As far as how they are played or look, it's up to their players. I do like the idea of just creating a tektek and having it present with the script, though I imagine that would get tedious after a while.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:42 am
Ok since I am sick and confined to bed, maybe I can actually use this time to be a helpful crew member (since I have been very MIA as of late)

I can make graphics if they are still needed, but what would the thread be called? "Nutcracker Nightmare" is fitting, but it does not sound nice. "Return to the land of sweets?" ><

I just read the synopsis on wiki, and I think I will try to find a version to watch or something, because it was not very detailed, did not mention the fae.

Would part of the RP involve trying to somehow repair the tin soldiers, so they are able to help get things back in order?

Edit: Also for something different, I tried to make a realistic composite image thing. I can make something else if no one likes it.

User Image  

Madame Mae
Crew

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100

Battery Acid Included
Vice Captain

Wild-Haired Crimester

28,550 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:18 pm
Madame Mae
That image, hahaha that is great! I love the evil little eyes. And putting the title on the banner is a legit idea. So hmm... I kind of like the idea that it says something about the Nutcracker, or that it's a darker note but still sort of...cheery?

Could do something like...

The Nutcracker: Bittersweet

The Twisted Tale of the Nutcracker

Lost in the Land of Sweets

I'm not good at this. XD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:35 pm
Battery Acid Included
That image, hahaha that is great! I love the evil little eyes. And putting the title on the banner is a legit idea. So hmm... I kind of like the idea that it says something about the Nutcracker, or that it's a darker note but still sort of...cheery?

Could do something like...

The Nutcracker: Bittersweet

The Twisted Tale of the Nutcracker

Lost in the Land of Sweets

I'm not good at this. XD

The bittersweet one is awesome! I was trying to think of one having to do with suite, and did not even think of sweet ><

I'll try it out on the banner!

Edit: okies, here it is!

User Image

So I watched a nutcracker ballet that happened to be on on demand, and it was. . . long. I realize now the fae is just for the RP.

If you guys still need another person to play a character, I am willing to. I work until 7pm pst & do not usually get home until 8pm pst, so I am on a bit late. Maybe it would be better to play which ever character is less important to the story/not needed as much? I assume that is the fae or sugar plum fairy. If someone who is on more often wants the parts, I am ok with that too~  

Madame Mae
Crew

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100

Magnificent Moonbeam

Crew

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:48 am
I like the bittersweet title idea. I only work from 8:30am-11am for 5 days. Though I'm not really good at RPing as I would forget lines easily. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:32 am
Ooooh that looks so fancy! You're awesome, Mae.

And yeah, I think you could probably do the fae! I wouldn't see much of a problem with it.

And Moon, you can always pick a minor character if you wish. Or be a host/guest to help keep things in line. I imagine the hosts might end up being the guild mules, but we can always tweak this if necessary...

Battery Acid Included
Vice Captain

Wild-Haired Crimester

28,550 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Magnificent Moonbeam

Crew

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:52 pm
Battery Acid Included
Ooooh that looks so fancy! You're awesome, Mae.

And yeah, I think you could probably do the fae! I wouldn't see much of a problem with it.

And Moon, you can always pick a minor character if you wish. Or be a host/guest to help keep things in line. I imagine the hosts might end up being the guild mules, but we can always tweak this if necessary...
Whatever seems comfortable. I won't mind being a host to keep things in line.  
The Common Room (Our Chatter Box)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff