Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shestval
Vice Captain

Bilge rat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:06 am
So this guild looks kinda dead, but I figured I might as well ask.

I greatly enjoyed the 100 day challenge last year and I would love to see it happen again. I'd be willing to put in a lot of work and gold in order to have it happen! Is there any interest in this at all (especially from Kai Chi and the other crewmembers of this guild)? Or are people doing something similar in another guild?

As I said, I'd be willing to organize the event and pony up a lot of gold. :3 I feel like we learned a lot last year about how to organize the event and it would be a shame to let it go to waste.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:51 am
Yes! Another 100 day art contest would be nice! biggrin I might actually be able to PROPERLY participate in it this time! I got Paint Tool Sai a month or two ago biggrin  

Lady Madelina

Premium Tycoon

8,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Kai_Chi
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:01 pm
hmm well I'm not opposed, I had something else in mind for next year but we could do another 100 day event instead.

My only concern is participation. As many of you may know these events are very demanding on the guild staff time, and I just want to make sure that if we do it again that its worth it. The last event we hosted because guild members requested it (guild comic books) out of several people who said they wanted it only 3 or so people ended up participating and if I recall correctly they weren't even the people who said they wanted it.

Usually something that helps motivate people to participate is gold, but I'm afraid I won't be able to put in as much gold this time as I did last time. But if you guys really want to do this event and are even willing to help out then I have no problem hosting another 100 day event : )  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:46 pm
I only lasted 25 days later year - haha..pretty awful but oh well it was fun - I'm expecting to be very busy this upcoming year so I probably either wont participate or do so sparingly..mmm..I remember having some days where the 'theme' was rather difficult and I ended up just doing a lot of freebies for people. (which is ok sometimes, but I think it kind of burns me out after awhile) I think it might be interesting to have an alternative to themes...maybe have daily themes and daily color schemes?

Either way if there's enough interest from people and this does get up and going let me know and I'll donate some gold as well. <3

Amandelie

CynHimawari2828

Stellar Moonwalker

27,550 Points
  • I Voted! 25
  • Galactic Domination 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:30 pm
I really did like the event (even though I didn't openly participate, I just did it for fun).
If you guys do another 100 day event, I'll try to actually post what I did this time around xp  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:49 pm
Kai_Chi
hmm well I'm not opposed, I had something else in mind for next year but we could do another 100 day event instead.

My only concern is participation. As many of you may know these events are very demanding on the guild staff time, and I just want to make sure that if we do it again that its worth it. The last event we hosted because guild members requested it (guild comic books) out of several people who said they wanted it only 3 or so people ended up participating and if I recall correctly they weren't even the people who said they wanted it.

Usually something that helps motivate people to participate is gold, but I'm afraid I won't be able to put in as much gold this time as I did last time. But if you guys really want to do this event and are even willing to help out then I have no problem hosting another 100 day event : )
Hey, sorry it took me a bit of time to get back to you, I don't check this guild regularly and I thought it would give me a notification if there were any new posts (it notified me when Lady Madeline posted...)

The 100 day challenge did have a fair bit of participation last year, right? As I mentioned, I'd be willing to put a lot of work and gold into the event... several million would be easy. (You'd have to bump me up to crew and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't do much ELSE in the guild, but when I'm invested in something I really do help with it.) While I think the gold helped motivate the people drawing, I don't feel like it was necessary at all for the people getting art. (They are getting art for free! Isn't that motivation enough?) And as far as extra incentives, they could be quite small and still be motivating. If you're interested, I can share some more of my thoughts on running it. :3

The one possible hiccup is that I MIGHT be moving at the beginning of the new year, which would make it more difficult for me to help out. But I am willing to do what it takes. The event was really fantastic for me last year, and I know some of the others felt the same way.  

Shestval
Vice Captain

Bilge rat

Nikkic87

Friendly Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:24 am
I am so VERY interested! I loved the event last year. I've drawn every single day this past year and I'm still going, thanks to that event. Speaking for myself, I'm more interested in the event than in the gold prize.

The only problem is, I might be starting college next year and if I do, I have no idea how much time I'd be able to put into the event. D=  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:29 am
Kai_Chi

You're right. It was partially my idea, too. x__X;; But I got all busy and distracted and then I completely forgot all about it! >__< Sorry!

What was your idea for next year?  

Nikkic87

Friendly Vampire

Kai_Chi
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:27 pm
@ Shestval : Alright then : ) I'll be sending you a pm soon, lets talk, and see what we can do!

@ Nikkic87 : this year was going to be a sort of guild calender, new themes every month and if people participated and handed in a drawing every month they'd get a prize at the end of the year : )  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:40 am
I'm pretty sure I won't be able to participate but I'd be willing to send some gold over for the pile. Could raise some quickies for this.  

augizzle

Sparkly Ladykiller

10,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Kai_Chi
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:05 pm
Thank you for the offer : ) but I think we should be able to come up with something, I'm even willing to start an art auction to help raise some funds if necessary.

But good news everyone, we will be having another 100 day event, at the start of next year, most likely starting the second week of January 2013. But nothing is official yet, stay toned for more information regarding the next 100 day event : )  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:31 am
Kai_Chi
Thank you for the offer : ) but I think we should be able to come up with something, I'm even willing to start an art auction to help raise some funds if necessary.

But good news everyone, we will be having another 100 day event, at the start of next year, most likely starting the second week of January 2013. But nothing is official yet, stay toned for more information regarding the next 100 day event : )

yay! Awesome! biggrin Will try participating in this one properly! sweatdrop  

Lady Madelina

Premium Tycoon

8,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:08 am
Even though I'm working and hardly have much spare time between work and house chores, I'll participate on the days I do have time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:55 am
No promises, but the second week of January would be much more convenient than the first! (at least for me x3) I'll be looking for a new apartment in another country during the first week. @.@;;  

Amandelie

Kai_Chi
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:04 pm
emotion_yatta  
Artist Corner

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items