Welcome to Gaia! ::

Depthless Imagination

Back to Guilds

semi-literate minimum roleplay and forum discussions (anime, literature, videogames, art, etc.) Looking for role players and ideas!! 

Tags: role play, fantasy, sci-fi, anime, vampire 

Reply Depthless Imagination
Guild Improvment: Games, Role Plays, Disscussions...... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What types of role plays do people prefer?
  Steampunk
  Mafia/Crime/Gang
  Vampire/Supernatural/Fantasy
  Adventure
  War
  Historical
  Relationship/School
  Pirates
  Mystery
  Other *please specify in a post*
View Results

Darth Ghranna
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Genius

14,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:25 am
This is the new thread for guild improvement.

This guild is mainly a role play guild but it is also a discussion guild. Once upon a time the discussion area was alive and well. Now almost no one seems to be using it. There forums I thought were broad enough to encompass most things: Poems, Lyrics and Art (creativity forum), Anime/Manga, Literature, Video Games and the more recently added Chatterbox where you guys can talk about whatever pleases you. I and other admin over time have tried to make these forums more compelling by adding polls. If nothing else this sis the best place in the guild to get free gold by visiting all the polls then chatting with other guild members about your favorite things.
The role play section of the guild often seems to enjoy a feast or famine existence. The admin of the guild tries to clean out the old rps and add new ones to keep the guild running smoothly. However we can not do this without input from you the members. If you want to see a certain type of role play please let the admin know by posting in this forum and/or pming us. We want to have a wide range of role plays so there is something for everyone. You are not supposed to feel that you are supposed to join every role play just the ones you like. And even if you do not have a subforum devoted expressly to the rp of your choice the guild welcomes you to take your idea to the One on One and Random Role Plays thread. Always remember the guild is as only good as its members and their ability to communicate their wishes to each other and the admin!
Lastly, I have wanted to add guild contests but sadly this is not my forte. If you want to see contests you will have to help me out by putting down all your thoughts and voting in the poll of the ideas for future guild contests thread.

All that being said I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing all your ideas. I can not promise you that all of them will become reality but the admin will do the best that it can.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:26 pm
not a role player but i suggest a "battle royale" RP just for the lols and awsomeness  

unlucky black tiger

Tricky Lunatic

11,900 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

IrisIrene88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:32 pm
I actually like a mystery or an adventure RP, that would be fun. I know a mystery RP can kind of be tough though =x!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:11 pm
Survival.  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

SykoShadowKnyght

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:32 pm
Alright- I am pretty sure I made this same post in the last improvement thread but you asked for opinions so here is mine again. I personally prefer modern-fantasy because it allows for more freedom. The ones that I am in for other guilds seem to fair well with them and we are sure to allow for all sort of differences by simply explaining that there are more than one breed of a species- like vampires or werewolves. An example is with vampires: we say there are Canites, Draculans, Corvinians, Carpathians, individually cursed vampires and so on. Doing so allows people to play the type of vampire they like without restricting others from playing the breed they want to play.

The fantasy aspect lets players choose from a multitude of species- fey, vampire, shifters, and whatever else they can think up. But the modern bit allows them to give the longer living or immortal creatures more complex backgrounds as well as letting the shorter lived ones more experiences to go through if the player wants. Of course it's all about taking the individual characters and finding a way to blend their backgrounds together- and not always peacefully character wise- but in a manner that is fun for the players. There isn't usually a set story to follow or an end goal to reach.

In any case it just my opinion- and one from past experience will most likely not be noticed but I figured I'd give it another try.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:49 am
SykoShadowKnyght
Alright- I am pretty sure I made this same post in the last improvement thread but you asked for opinions so here is mine again. I personally prefer modern-fantasy because it allows for more freedom. The ones that I am in for other guilds seem to fair well with them and we are sure to allow for all sort of differences by simply explaining that there are more than one breed of a species- like vampires or werewolves. An example is with vampires: we say there are Canites, Draculans, Corvinians, Carpathians, individually cursed vampires and so on. Doing so allows people to play the type of vampire they like without restricting others from playing the breed they want to play.

The fantasy aspect lets players choose from a multitude of species- fey, vampire, shifters, and whatever else they can think up. But the modern bit allows them to give the longer living or immortal creatures more complex backgrounds as well as letting the shorter lived ones more experiences to go through if the player wants. Of course it's all about taking the individual characters and finding a way to blend their backgrounds together- and not always peacefully character wise- but in a manner that is fun for the players. There isn't usually a set story to follow or an end goal to reach.

In any case it just my opinion- and one from past experience will most likely not be noticed but I figured I'd give it another try.

it might not be 'modern' but the fantasy/vamp rp is very open to different types of creatures.  

Darth Ghranna
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Genius

14,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Solomon Delacroix

Wealthy Businessman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:04 pm
We need to stop looking for "new" roleplays as that hasn't worked. The problem isn't the roleplays but rather the people. Once we start a new rp or restart one, it starts out fine with alot of people participating and then it dies. I have sadly been part of this, but had things in my life at those times so I won't apologize. I know I am not the only person who has things going on outside of gaia. But that brings me back to inactivity, half the people on this roster doesn't do a damn thing. Not the crews fault, you can't control what people do and it has nothing to do with the roleplays. We could have the greatest rp in the world and we would still be in the same boat. For the people who are trying...I give you an ovation. Downsize and start with people who you can trust and know will stay committed. Once that is established you can get the ball rolling and things will come together. And I typed this in a very agitated mood. As I didn't come back to sit on my a** and twiddle my thumbs. So I wil apoligize for doing this in an angry state. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:17 pm
Koboch
We need to stop looking for "new" roleplays as that hasn't worked. The problem isn't the roleplays but rather the people. Once we start a new rp or restart one, it starts out fine with alot of people participating and then it dies. I have sadly been part of this, but had things in my life at those times so I won't apologize. I know I am not the only person who has things going on outside of gaia. But that brings me back to inactivity, half the people on this roster doesn't do a damn thing. Not the crews fault, you can't control what people do and it has nothing to do with the roleplays. We could have the greatest rp in the world and we would still be in the same boat. For the people who are trying...I give you an ovation. Downsize and start with people who you can trust and know will stay committed. Once that is established you can get the ball rolling and things will come together. And I typed this in a very agitated mood. As I didn't come back to sit on my a** and twiddle my thumbs. So I wil apoligize for doing this in an angry state. biggrin

No reason to apologize for stating the truth. I know in the other Role Play Guilds I am in, part of our inactivity is due to the small size of our groups (we have less than 20 or 30 in two of them and I am not certain about the others) but in a guild of 150 members there really isn't any reason for it to be so stagnant around here. As I have stated myself in a couple different places I joined a while ago- can't remember exactly when- but I haven't done much because most of the RPs were undergoing construction and the ones that were active I wasn't interested in and If I hadn't found by the end of the year I would have left but I took a look at the Vampire-Fantasy RP and have submitted a character to play- now I am just waiting for enough people to join for us to start playing.  

SykoShadowKnyght

Darth Ghranna
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Genius

14,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:38 pm
Koboch
We need to stop looking for "new" roleplays as that hasn't worked. The problem isn't the roleplays but rather the people. Once we start a new rp or restart one, it starts out fine with alot of people participating and then it dies. I have sadly been part of this, but had things in my life at those times so I won't apologize. I know I am not the only person who has things going on outside of gaia. But that brings me back to inactivity, half the people on this roster doesn't do a damn thing. Not the crews fault, you can't control what people do and it has nothing to do with the roleplays. We could have the greatest rp in the world and we would still be in the same boat. For the people who are trying...I give you an ovation. Downsize and start with people who you can trust and know will stay committed. Once that is established you can get the ball rolling and things will come together. And I typed this in a very agitated mood. As I didn't come back to sit on my a** and twiddle my thumbs. So I will apologize for doing this in an angry state. biggrin
It is my guild and I assure you I am more angry than you. Pert of my anger is that on several occasions members PMed me about an rp then I set it all up and not even the people whose idea it was joined. I know its hard for you guys to wait around and I apologize for that. I want a good few rps up and going. I plan to clean out all inacitves soon unless someone gives me a specific reason why they are inactive now. You should see an announcement about that soon!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:23 am
Darth Ghranna
SykoShadowKnyght

it might not be 'modern' but the fantasy/vamp rp is very open to different types of creatures.

(I believe the vampire rp is pretty much the exact opposite of what he's talking about. I'm not saying I don't like it, but he's talking about freedom to make your character race however you want it to be. This isn't the case in the vampire rp at all. There are a handful of races to choose from and they all have very strict guidelines to follow that doesn't allow for a whole lot of customization or variation. Heck I was given hassle just for trying to make a half breed werewolf. So it is an entirely different kind of rp he's talking about.)  

pdragon619

Quotable Poster

Darth Ghranna
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Genius

14,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:32 am
pdragon619
Darth Ghranna
SykoShadowKnyght

(I believe the vampire rp is pretty much the exact opposite of what he's talking about. I'm not saying I don't like it, but he's talking about freedom to make your character race however you want it to be. This isn't the case in the vampire rp at all. There are a handful of races to choose from and they all have very strict guidelines to follow that doesn't allow for a whole lot of customization or variation. Heck I was given hassle just for trying to make a half breed werewolf. So it is an entirely different kind of rp he's talking about.)
That was my fault a massive brain fart on my part. I did wan a bunch of races, I had approved a were tiger, a lich, a centaur like spider creature but these individuals never posted their sheets in the character thread once they were give approval. My biggest concern is less race and worry about op. I love vamp rps personal as people could guess at my multiple attempts at making one work in this guild. If i alienated you a little I'm sorry I have just seen so many rps die from bs powers pulled out f the blue.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:42 am
Darth Ghranna
pdragon619
Darth Ghranna
SykoShadowKnyght

That was my fault a massive brain fart on my part. I did wan a bunch of races, I had approved a were tiger, a lich, a centaur like spider creature but these individuals never posted their sheets in the character thread once they were give approval. My biggest concern is less race and worry about op. I love vamp rps personal as people could guess at my multiple attempts at making one work in this guild. If i alienated you a little I'm sorry I have just seen so many rps die from bs powers pulled out f the blue.

(yes and I agree, but I can argue that with proper monitoring of how everyone is playing their characters, and making sure to keep a standard for how powerful a character can be, you can still keep things balanced even while giving everyone a wide range of options. I mean if someone pulls a bs power, you don't have to accept it. Sometimes you have to just tell people they can't do that and make them change it, even at the risk of making yourself look like a jerk. Now I mean that from a power standpoint, not a creative standpoint mind you.)  

pdragon619

Quotable Poster

Darth Ghranna
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Genius

14,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:42 am
pdragon619
Darth Ghranna
pdragon619
Darth Ghranna
SykoShadowKnyght

(yes and I agree, but I can argue that with proper monitoring of how everyone is playing their characters, and making sure to keep a standard for how powerful a character can be, you can still keep things balanced even while giving everyone a wide range of options. I mean if someone pulls a bs power, you don't have to accept it. Sometimes you have to just tell people they can't do that and make them change it, even at the risk of making yourself look like a jerk. Now I mean that from a power standpoint, not a creative standpoint mind you.)
I understand and I have played mediator and parent to the guild , but mostly on my own. Finding good guild staff that actually help moderate is hard. I try to clear out regularly I was up to ten pages of members but most never posted. You post well and I am glad you joined us. What this guild really needs is four or five more active people who post well. Unfortunately while I am good at coming p with ideas and setting up role lays I am not good at making recruit threads to get gains to come check the guild out. I have made most recruit threads b myself and my mods only help a tiny bit with judging if characters are too op.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:40 pm
In reference to the 40k RP, Orks seem to be a good threat to all the other factions, and I do agree that most people OP the heck out of Space Marines, especially considering how easily most Mary Sue the crap out of basic human beings. You could try Imperial Guard with approved Space Marine moderators, or the moderators could just take the roll of Commissars. Eldar could also be another choice, but they may be waaaay to easily Mary Sue'd. Your best option might be the Tau. Either way, I would specifically make a rule to limit how many items someone can carry so you don't have someone with five different kinds of guns and basically CoDing the heck out of it.  

Da Canuck

SykoShadowKnyght

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:01 pm
Darth Ghranna
pdragon619
Darth Ghranna
pdragon619
Darth Ghranna
SykoShadowKnyght

I understand and I have played mediator and parent to the guild , but mostly on my own. Finding good guild staff that actually help moderate is hard. I try to clear out regularly I was up to ten pages of members but most never posted. You post well and I am glad you joined us. What this guild really needs is four or five more active people who post well. Unfortunately while I am good at coming p with ideas and setting up role lays I am not good at making recruit threads to get gains to come check the guild out. I have made most recruit threads b myself and my mods only help a tiny bit with judging if characters are too op.

While the RP isn't what I was talking about I have joined it and so far I am having fun. I was able to make a unique and imaginative character while still keeping in line power wise. Yes he's powerful but he doesn't have complete control of it which keeps him balanced.

Although I still would like to see an open RP but I understand that it's hard to run a guild on your own- especially one this large so I can deal with the one RP. It's just unlikely that I will be joining any others...

Depthless Imagination

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff