Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Looking for an experienced Mapmaker Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeathAdams

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:39 pm
Does anyone here have time to make maps? And would be willing to do it for 10k Gaia Gold apiece?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:00 pm
What kinda maps we talkin 'bout here chief ninja  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

DeathAdams

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:44 pm
Modernish maps. Generally Battlemaps. I need at least three for the starting session of my campaign. The rest we'd work with as they came.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:00 pm
I've been making battle maps for a loooong time.

Sample 1
Sample 2
Sample 3
Sample 4
Sample 5

I can do world maps too.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

DeathAdams

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:32 pm
Wow.... You're pretty Damn Good.
Should we set up a Price system?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:14 pm
Callsigncaboose
Wow.... You're pretty Damn Good.
Should we set up a Price system?

10k per map is fine with me. World map, battlemap, whichever, they're both about the same amount of work. World maps have more detail but battlemaps need the different pieces moved around all the time. A flat rate'll just keep it simple.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

DeathAdams

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:49 pm
What if I don't need tokens and just the maps?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:13 am
Callsigncaboose
What if I don't need tokens and just the maps?

JUST the battlemap and no tokens? Maybe 5k for battlemaps then? And then world, area, or dungeon maps would still be 10k if you needed any, as those still require more work.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

DeathAdams

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:58 am
Sounds good.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:15 pm
Got two prospects for you Ill.  

DeathAdams

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:19 pm
Fire away  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:24 pm
First is a battle map. Space port, with plenty of small corridors, and a shuttleport, which is fairly bare, and dusty.

The second is a dungeon map. The details I'll leave to you, but it'll be the remains of an old mine, and three paths exist to the "boss chamber, which I'd like to be a Un-Mined Cavern.  

DeathAdams

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:40 pm
Callsigncaboose
First is a battle map. Space port, with plenty of small corridors, and a shuttleport, which is fairly bare, and dusty.

The second is a dungeon map. The details I'll leave to you, but it'll be the remains of an old mine, and three paths exist to the "boss chamber, which I'd like to be a Un-Mined Cavern.

I'll need a bit more than that to go off of.
Are the space port and the shuttle port part of the same map? And what dimensions did you want each one to be?

Same goes for the old mine. Are these three paths just tunnels? Or did you want chambers to be along each path? If so, how many chambers, how big, etc. I also need to know how big the boss room needs to be.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:50 pm
What would be most helpful, would be if you could tell me what encounters are meant to take place on these maps. Like, tell me what all needs to fit in the space port for that battle and I can design the map around it.

Same thing for that mine dungeon map. Give me an encounter list and then I can make sure everything has a place.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

DeathAdams

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:35 pm
The encounter at the Spaceport entails a gun war between the party (hopefully three or four people.) They would've just arrived so the shuttle would've just arrived. Also I'd need plenty of cover spaces in the hallway, but the in the dock the only cover would be the shuttle itself. And remember, I don't need tokens.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff