Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
How it all ended. First time released PM

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

_xX Es-One Xx_
Captain

8,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:14 pm
Ahhhh, remember when the DMv2 site shut down? Feels like yesterday. LOL

I remember when I woke up, checked my inbox, and BOOM, PM form Lanzer.

Well, for the FIRST TIME SINCE, I will now release the contents of that PM.

Quote:
Hello Greg,
I would like to talk to you about Booty Grab and some changes we are about to make moving forward.

First of all, I really appreciate you for spending time serving the needs for many Gaia users who love playing Booty Grab, and being a part of the active Booty Brab community. Spending the time and money to put together a site is a lot of work and I'm sure that it's not just me who thanks you for all the effort.
As much as we enjoy seeing Gaians having fun with different features, we are also working on solving concerns from other users. In particular, recently there had been a major inflation issue occurring on Gaia. After looking deeper into the issue, we realized that a lot of what is happening has to do with the fact that Booty Grab is giving away far too much gold than it is supposed to. It's hard to imagine one game causing an entire economy to be affected, but when a lot of players start making a thousand times more gold than other players, the math quickly starts to add up.
There are reasons behind why Booty Grab is affecting the economy. There are some bugs related to Booty Grab and the behavior of fishes themselves, but some of the biggest imbalance comes from the fact that Booty Grab was designed as a hunting game where users stumble across glowing tanks as side bonus for using the forum. Kind of like a rare event, or maybe an Easter egg hunt, each user would encounter glowing tank during different parts of the day. Earn out was also designed for this type of gameplay in mind.
With the introduction of external sites that aggregate glowing tanks, a user could potentially earn a lot more gold than what the game was designed to give out. Kind of like taking the "hunt" out of an Easter egg hunt. I'm sure you're no stranger to the fact that normally Gaians earn about a thousand gold or two per day posting or playing other flash games such as zOMG. The difference between players playing Booty Grab with external sites such as Dolphin Mania is staggering.

So with this imbalance, we are forced to make some changes to the game so that we can level the playing field and also stop the economy from inflating the way it has.
Including the changes that we make as bug fixes, we will need to make changes to how Booty Grab is played, and that probably will include the game not working with external sites such as yours.

For the time being, I would like to ask if we can work out a plan so that you can provide a different service other than listing glowing tanks for Booty Grab. I respect that you've made your service to serve other Gaians, so I'd like to give you the heads up in advance and support you in the transition moving forward.

Please reply right away to let me know if you've received this message, and if you'd like to talk on the phone, I'd be happy to do so.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:45 pm
Followed by a text to me to let me know. And our(squeakers and I) drive out to be with you for the day.  

The Defective Detective
Vice Captain

_xX Es-One Xx_
Captain

8,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:46 pm
Sacred Flowers
Followed by a text to me to let me know. And our(squeakers and I) drive out to be with you for the day.
I was quite distraught. LOL  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:47 pm
_xX Es-One Xx_
Sacred Flowers

That is why we were determined to hang out with you and cheer you up the best we could that day.  

The Defective Detective
Vice Captain

Et Folium

Star-Crossed Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:16 pm
_xX Es-One Xx_
Sacred Flowers

With good reasons though. You had spent a lot of time and effort into making DolphinMania and then had it torn from under you. It's good to see you back though c:  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:42 am
I do remember you saying you may one day release that PM that was sent to you and it's nice to see it. I do find it funny how Gaia didn't really think BG through. If they truly wanted it to be something of a rare occurance they should have not let any fish give out more than a max of 100 gold. So even with a full tank of 17 your max play would only be 1700 gold. That's still a lot, but I'm starting to digress now. So thank you for sharing the information. Much appreciated.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

Kitsune Prisoner

6,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:53 am
did anyone else notice Booty Brab?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:54 am
_xX Es-One Xx_
Sacred Flowers

Are you back? ; - ;  

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

iShining Armor

Devoted Defender

9,925 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:35 am
So this is what happened.