Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
(4e) Scales of War Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:46 pm
I suppose I could join up, if there is still room. I'll make a Storm Sorcerer and a Battlemind, choosing one based on party needs.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:13 pm
Dion Necurat
I suppose I could join up, if there is still room. I'll make a Storm Sorcerer and a Battlemind, choosing one based on party needs.

Oh, haven't seen you around before. (I'm fairly new.) Well, assuming everyone who said they were interested sticks around, you'll be number 6. That's about as high as I'm comfortable going, so you're still safe. smile  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:13 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Dion Necurat

Oh, haven't seen you around before. (I'm fairly new.) Well, assuming everyone who said they were interested sticks around, you'll be number 6. That's about as high as I'm comfortable going, so you're still safe. smile

Alright, cool. I'll just wait to see what everyone else is making, unless you know for sure?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:25 pm
Dion Necurat
Alright, cool. I'll just wait to see what everyone else is making, unless you know for sure?

Well, so far we have a Monk (psionic melee striker), Warlord (martial melee leader), Vampire (shadow mid-range striker), and some kind of Arcane class. Haven't heard anything about the fifth character yet.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:40 am
Would it be alright if I use standard point buy rather then roll for my stats. I would sort of prefer that with this character.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:56 am
Kowsauni
Would it be alright if I use standard point buy rather then roll for my stats. I would sort of prefer that with this character.

Well, sure, if that's what you prefer. Since the standard 22 is a bit sparse, you can use 25 to compensate for the rerolls everyone else is getting.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:09 pm
Ok, here is the character sheet for my vampire Bryony, minus her background and theme I will add then soon though.

Edit: added theme and background. I'll write her full background soon.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:25 pm
Kowsauni
Ok, here is the character sheet for my vampire Bryony, minus her background and theme I will add then soon though.

My sources say that Vampires get 12 + Con HP at first level. How'd you get to 32? Other than that, everything checks out.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:57 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Kowsauni

My sources say that Vampires get 12 + Con HP at first level. How'd you get to 32? Other than that, everything checks out.

It's because of the background he picked. Born Under a Bad Sign's benefit is that it lets you substitute your highest ability score for Con for the purposes of determining hit points. It's from Dragon Magazine 366.

He's also added in his written background, BTW; he just e-mailed it to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:17 pm
AlphabetFish
It's because of the background he picked. Born Under a Bad Sign's benefit is that it lets you substitute your highest ability score for Con for the purposes of determining hit points. It's from Dragon Magazine 366.

He's also added in his written background, BTW; he just e-mailed it to me.

Ah, mystery solved then! Didn't know backgrounds could give those kinds of benefits. I'll have to look that up later.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:34 pm
WhimsicalXellos

Ah, mystery solved then! Didn't know backgrounds could give those kinds of benefits. I'll have to look that up later.

According to the character builder, it's tagged as being part of the Scales of War adventure path. Is that the same as the one we're going to be doing?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:44 pm
AlphabetFish
According to the character builder, it's tagged as being part of the Scales of War adventure path. Is that the same as the one we're going to be doing?

Oh, why yes it is! That is certainly a handy benefit.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:43 pm
WhimsicalXellos

Oh, why yes it is! That is certainly a handy benefit.

Yay, great! I also picked a Scales of War adventure path for my character. I also chose to do point buy (25) like you allowed Kowsauni to do. I actually rolled up two sets of stats initially, but the first was painfully low (3 stats at 10 or less--one was a 7) and the second was way too good, and I didn't feel comfortable using either of them, so I point bought my scores. Is that okay?

The sheet (in progress) is here: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=395752 It should be about done except for the back story.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:04 pm
Kowsauni

If she so much as sparkles, so help me...  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:14 pm
Dion Necurat

You are likely in the clear to make a character. Avurus is indisposed for a couple weeks.

AlphbetFish

As for your stats, that's fine. If I let one person use the point build, it wouldn't be fair of me to deny it to everyone else.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff