Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
(4e) Scales of War Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:50 pm
I am running this based on my interest thread, "Calling all gameless players!" If you did not post there, you must do so before posting here. This is the game for more experienced players.

[ Character Sheets ]

1] Iska Riveet, Githzerai Monk by BegrudginglyGood
2] Bryony, Halfling Vampire by Kowsauni
3] Anton Bloodbriar, Vryloka Warlord by AlphabetFish
4] Desair Wynn, Elf Fighter by Rain Yupa
5]
6]
7]

[ Premise/Foreword ]
xxxScales of War is an Adventure Path that was released in Dungeon Magazine a few years ago. It drags a party of characters all the way from 1st to 30th level. If you have the ability to read ahead, it'll just make the gameplay less interesting, so I'd rather you didn't do that.

[ Setting Information/Background ]
xxx"The world has never been a safe place. Bastions of civilization populate a dark, menacing world—islands of order and reason exist in a land otherwise overrun by dark cults, vile monsters, creatures from the dark edges of the imagination, and worse. As deadly as the world is on a normal day, something has begun to stir on the fringes of the civilized Elsir Vale. Formerly the site of an attack by an army known as the Red Hand, the Vale has known several years of peace since brave adventurers stormed into the teeth of the approaching Hand and sent them scurrying back into the darkness."

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
xxxThe town of Brindol was once the unenviable focus of the Red Hand's attacks. Now, approximately a decade later, there are whispers that the Hand stirs once more. Your characters will be starting in a tavern in Brindol late in the afternoon.

[ Character Creation ]
xxx

Available Sources: Anything goes.
Banned Resources: Try to stick to official literature.

ECL: Characters begin at level 1.
Wealth:
Races: Any, but keep in mind that certain monstrous races carry stigmas within most civilized regions.
Ability Scores*: 4d6 drop the lowest.
xxxxxxxxxxx*You have one chance to reroll 1's.
Hit Points: It's 4e.
Alignments: Preferably no CE.
Pantheon: Whatever. I guess that depends on your sourcebook. The game world will mostly be using the standard PHB deities, so any other ones will likely be treated as minor deities.
Backgrounds: Have one or no, it adds to the roleplaying aspect if you do.

[ House/Optional Rules ]
1] If you have access to them, feel free to utilize themes and/or backgrounds to add flavor to your characters.
2] I am fully willing to allow power re-writes which alter cosmetic or minor mechanic features.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:08 pm
I know you recommended me for the other game, but I'd like to try this one out. I usually play a arcane character and I might accidently botch the rules a couple of times, so you might have to correct me.  

Avurus

Malevolent Aggressor

1,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:12 pm
Avurus
I know you recommended me for the other game, but I'd like to try this one out. I usually play a arcane character and I might accidently botch the rules a couple of times, so you might have to correct me.

Ah, yes, you can switch to this one, or you could even roll a character for both. Just know that the other one is meant to be more of a learning experience type of game, at least to start.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:51 am
Do you prefer we use a different character?  

BegrudginglyGood

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:44 am
BegrudginglyGood
Do you prefer we use a different character?

Oh, well, hmm... I don't suppose you'd need to roll a different one unless you wanted to. The character creation guidelines are the same for both games after all. (Just don't mix up which exploits happened in which campaign, haha.)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:04 am
Good point, how about sister monks!

Sent to different lands, but trained as twins...does this sound like I'm just trying to avoid extra work, lol.

I'll stick to the other RP for a while, but if you need a monk to help out in a bind, M'narr's sister, Iska can help you out.  

BegrudginglyGood

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:22 am
BegrudginglyGood

Sent to different lands, but trained as twins...does this sound like I'm just trying to avoid extra work, lol.

I'll stick to the other RP for a while, but if you need a monk to help out in a bind, M'narr's sister, Iska can help you out.

Certainly. I would have said that at the very least you would have obviously needed to keep two different character sheets. They wouldn't take damage at the same rate or use daily powers the same way. Also, in one campaign you may want to take a specific power over another one when you level, so by the time they're both say level 5, they could be two completely different characters.

And so far I haven't gotten any sheets for this one, though I'm pretty sure I should see something by the end of the week at least. So this party might be kind of sparse if you didn't join this game, too. sweatdrop In a bind I may just have to open it to not just the gameless players.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:45 pm
Hey, I have a friend, who, for some reason (IDK) can't use gaia online, so I was wondering if he could make a character, except what he would be doing would be posted under my avatar.  

Avurus

Malevolent Aggressor

1,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:28 pm
Avurus
Hey, I have a friend, who, for some reason (IDK) can't use gaia online, so I was wondering if he could make a character, except what he would be doing would be posted under my avatar.

That... is a very strange problem. One question. If he can't use Gaia, how is he still able to post using your account?

If it's just a matter that he got hacked once upon a time and can't access his old account, he could always just create a new email and create a new account to link to it.

Otherwise, I welcome another body. If this actually happens, he would need to use a header of some kind at the beginning of any post he makes to indicate it's him instead of you.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:05 pm
Okay, thanks, him and I are kinda technological noobs, I'll tell him you said that.  

Avurus

Malevolent Aggressor

1,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

DeathAdams

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:55 pm
WhimsicalXellos
BegrudginglyGood

Certainly. I would have said that at the very least you would have obviously needed to keep two different character sheets. They wouldn't take damage at the same rate or use daily powers the same way. Also, in one campaign you may want to take a specific power over another one when you level, so by the time they're both say level 5, they could be two completely different characters.
You know.... Speaking of Game filled players.... I like making NPC's.
And so far I haven't gotten any sheets for this one, though I'm pretty sure I should see something by the end of the week at least. So this party might be kind of sparse if you didn't join this game, too. sweatdrop In a bind I may just have to open it to not just the gameless players.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:17 pm
Avurus
Okay, thanks, him and I are kinda technological noobs, I'll tell him you said that.

Just go to gmail.com and create an account, I use them because the don't close accounts like hotmail does for inactivity.  

BegrudginglyGood

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:19 pm
Callsigncaboose
WhimsicalXellos
BegrudginglyGood

Sister monk it is!

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=447935

I've just got to add in background etc. But I think I've added all the modifiers and stuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:38 am
Callsigncaboose

Funny you should say that. Roilvn offered essentially the same thing just last night, haha.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:41 pm
Making mine. Kowsauni and I will be a Vryloka Warlord (me) and a Halfling Vampire (him). That's a leader and a striker.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff