Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Calling all gameless players! (Add yourself to my wait list) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:30 am
2/6/13 Edit: The guild has recently seen an influx of members, and this thread is getting hits again. There are enough people on my wait list right now to make a fresh party, so I'm contemplating starting a new game. Even if you are not on my list yet, I don't know how many are still interested. Feel free to apply within.

2/11/13 Edit: All spots for the new game have been filled. This goes back to a waiting list thread.

There are so many people who are gameless, I am hesitant to try to run something that would accomodate all of you. So I'll run TWO somethings! (God help me...)

One game will be focused on new(ish) players. Anybody who is either new to 4e, new to forum-based tabletop gaming, or just plain new to the guild can come roll characters in a thread I will title "In the Name of Experience."

The other game will be for more experienced players. You may roll your characters in a thread that will be titled "Scales of War."

In both cases, I'll only pay attention to you if you first posted in this interest thread. That way I can keep track of the people who are legitimately gameless.

Edit: Since I'm still getting new people bumping this thread to the top, all I can say is that I'll add you to my short list of people who I will poke when an opening occurs in one of my currently running games. Outside of that, it's a crying shame that there are so few active games around here.

Are you new to the guild like me? Are you new to tabletop gaming in general? Most importantly, are you a member here (or maybe not quite yet) who hasn't had the courage or interest to join any games yet? Then I'd surely like to hear from you.

I am willing to lead a game, Game Master, Dungeon Master, whatever term you prefer. But I'll only accept you if you have no other games in which you're participating. If you have applied to a game that hasn't started yet, you can still apply to this one. Or maybe the last game you played died (or seems to be dead). That's okay, too.

What game you ask? Whatever you want. I have tons of resources, and I've had experience with more systems than I can think of. So come post in this thread and start talking about what kind of game you want to play. At the very least, decide on a system to use. Whatever you decide on, I can run it. (probably)

It can be a homebrew or even a published campaign. If there's anything you need help with, whether it's character creation or rules, I'm pretty good at deciphering all those tricky books by now. I've been doing this for quite a while. I'm even sorta kinda good at this storytelling thing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:45 pm
I'd be down for a 3.5e or 4e DnD campaign.  

Gideon Commando

gistofeverything

Explorer

4,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:43 pm
WhimsicalXellos

Gideon Commando

I'm most comfortable with 4e DnD  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:49 pm
gistofeverything
WhimsicalXellos

Gideon Commando

Works for me, I don't have any particular experience in either.  

Gideon Commando

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:44 pm
gistofeverything

As a side note, if you're familiar with 4e, and if you don't mind building an Arcane class with some restrictions, my other game, Tower of the Bright Ones, needs one more player. It won't prevent you from joining this one as well if you think you can manage more than one game.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:52 am
I'd be interested in a 3.5e campaign, provided the setting is interesting. :3  

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

Rikku DarkHeart KH

Versatile Hunter

4,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:50 am
I'm down for a 4e campaign  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:15 pm
Looks like it's leaning toward 4e at the moment. I'm gonna give a day or so more for other people to post interest before I call it, though.

The important part is: Is anyone unable to participate if it ends up being 4e or 3.5? Those seem to be the top choices so far.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:06 pm
Myself and my husband Kowsauni would love to find a game that survives its first combat encounter! We've joined many and enjoyed the opening RP, but they always seem to peter out right afterwards.

We're interested in 4e most, then Pathfinder; we have no experience with 3.5.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:14 pm
There's the tower of the bright ones. I'm sure Whimsical will allow a extra player besides the 4  

DeathAdams

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:22 pm
AlphabetFish
Myself and my husband Kowsauni would love to find a game that survives its first combat encounter! We've joined many and enjoyed the opening RP, but they always seem to peter out right afterwards.

We're interested in 4e most, then Pathfinder; we have no experience with 3.5.

Indeed, I have pm'd you to keep this thread uncluttered. But you are free to still apply here, as well. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:39 pm
Okay, it's pretty much overwhelmingly in the 4e ballpark, so I'm gonna call it here.

I don't usually, but I'm gonna start it at level 1, unless there are objections. I'll be sifting through my published campaign resources to make it easier on myself (leaning toward the Scales of War adventure path). At this point, you can use any books you want. No restrictions on resources. Can't imagine I'll need to change this.

STATS:
Roll 4d6 and drop the lowest. You get one chance to reroll 1's. May the dice have mercy on your souls rolls. xd  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:56 am
I personally don't really like 4e, and I've never tried Pathfinder nor do I have access to the *.pdf files for the guidebooks. 3.5e is my baby. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:04 am
I'm waiting on another RP to open up the next chapter, and would like to RP in the mean time.

Something fun and easy would be nice.

4th or 3.5ed is fine with me.

Any type of characters you're looking for?  

BegrudginglyGood

Avurus

Malevolent Aggressor

1,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:28 am
I can do 4e or Pathfinder, I'd do 3.5 but I don't have the rulebook and I've kinda forgotten the rules.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff