Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Polyamory Guild

Back to Guilds

Polyamorous education, discussion, support. 

Tags: polyamory, polyamorous, poly, nonmonogamy 

Reply Gaian Polyamory Guild
Coming out experiances

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RabidDove

Clean Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:43 pm
Recently I've found that people are not at all surprised that i'm the center of a poly thing, i have 2 boyfriends and a girlkfriend and they are not seeing eachother nor anyone else.

Before I would get people who would accuse me of cheating, now, people ask me how they can get in on that. after i assure them that my end of things are closed they bemoan never being able to do poly because of lack of willing partners/trust/too much effort... life goes on as normal.

anyone else experiance this new broad acceptance??  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:12 pm
There wasn't a whole lot of "that makes sense". My mom and dad told me to make sure to communicate; since it's important in most relationships; it's even more so in poly. My younger brother isn't that thrilled about it, but isn't "you're ruining your life".

James' parents were on the fence about it; but his mom loves Eevee and reminds her of this every time she sees her, which I think Eevee needs.

I've been told by her parents and her aunt {which hurts worst than her parents honestly} to never come around. I've known them since I was in high school; so it stings a little bit. Such is life though.

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

Tirpse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:30 pm
Well, I haven't told my parents. Somehow the topic came up this past weekend, and my mother's reaction to it was enough to convince me not to touch the subject with a ten-foot pole. Anyhow, my parents still think I'm bisexual, and they've yet to really accept that. In reality, I identify as a panromantic grey-asexual. But that seems like a mouthful.

My roommate doesn't really care. If he thought I was cheating on my partner(s), then he'd definitely smuck me upside the head and tell me to smarten up.

The couple of girls I've "come out" to on my rugby team don't seem to care, after I explained to them about the importance of consent from everyone, and how I can't really have anything other than an open relationship, since I recognize that my partner(s) will want sex at some point, and that they won't be getting it from me.  
Gaian Polyamory Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games