Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
I am Pantheist and Omnist :3 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kozmog

O.G. Conventioneer

14,175 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:52 am
Pantheism is when you believe God is teh nature and scientific explanation of how things work, and Omnism is when you have beliefs for all religions.

I basically feel like all the religions that exist today are all the same higher force, just viewed different based on different cultures. What are your thoughts on the two?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:13 pm
Your statements confuse me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you say you believe God is nature, but that every religion points to the same God, which is nature?  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

Kozmog

O.G. Conventioneer

14,175 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:11 pm
A Lonely Leaf
Your statements confuse me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you say you believe God is nature, but that every religion points to the same God, which is nature?
Okies, lemme rephrase. I should say that I have beliefs in both Panthiesm and Omnism. For Panthiesm I completely agree with it. But for my other beliefs of him having having humanlike characteristics, I feel all religions have some sort of notation that I can agree on, and despite if their gods are polytheistic or monotheistic, they're all the same force, just viewed in different perspective. Sorry If I'm not good at putting my thoughts into my own words, my brain is scribbly x3 I dont mean for it to seem like I'm contradicting myself, I just have beliefs in both.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:21 pm
Okay. I just wanted to be sure what you meant. If I may inquire, what do you say about the religions which have no belief in God?

Also, if you are including Christianity into this, I must make a correction. God is not humanlike for he is not Man. He is God. He is righteous. He is Love.

Anyway, go on please.  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

Grand King Adrian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:59 am
Just wanted to say that I don't like your beliefs. that's all smile don't get mad.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:00 am
Grand King Adrian
Just wanted to say that I don't like your beliefs. that's all smile don't get mad.

Adolf-Hitler1

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:36 am
I'm not sure I understand this Omnism(And I think you mean Monism anyway?)

I am a Christian, Evangelical Christian if you want to get technical.
I believe there is one God, and a lot of religions believe in multiple to hundreds of gods, how can these just be two different perspectives?
I believe Jesus is the Son of God and He died on the cross for everyone's sins, some religions believe in one God but not in His Son, so do you believe Jesus is God's one and only Son or just a man?
I believe that when I die (as a follower of Christ) I will go to Heaven and spend eternity with God. Some religions believe instead I will die then reincarnate (spelling?) into another creature and go back to live on Earth. And still others believe that if I am "good enough" I will be given by God my own world like Earth and be ruler over it. So which end times is correct?

How can things like these all mesh together to create one religion?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:12 pm
A Lonely Leaf
Okay. I just wanted to be sure what you meant. If I may inquire, what do you say about the religions which have no belief in God?

Also, if you are including Christianity into this, I must make a correction. God is not humanlike for he is not Man. He is God. He is righteous. He is Love.

Anyway, go on please.
Well I have agreements in Taoism, and they don't have a god.
And when I meant humanlike, I meant like personality like how you say "righteous" and "love".

Kozmog

O.G. Conventioneer

14,175 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brandisher 100

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:19 pm
Yeah, I was going to ask the same thing. Anyway, what makes one think that the God of the Bible and the other 'gods' are the same? The Bible is clear about this. And other religions deny the true god, whom is known only through the son Jesus Christ.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:41 pm
jesusgirl115

I am a Christian, Evangelical Christian if you want to get technical.
I believe there is one God, and a lot of religions believe in multiple to hundreds of gods, how can these just be two different perspectives?
I believe Jesus is the Son of God and He died on the cross for everyone's sins, some religions believe in one God but not in His Son, so do you believe Jesus is God's one and only Son or just a man?
I believe that when I die (as a follower of Christ) I will go to Heaven and spend eternity with God. Some religions believe instead I will die then reincarnate (spelling?) into another creature and go back to live on Earth. And still others believe that if I am "good enough" I will be given by God my own world like Earth and be ruler over it. So which end times is correct?

How can things like these all mesh together to create one religion?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnism

I used to always wonder what happened to the people who didn't believe in God because they were raised in a different religion(such as hinduism, with multiple Gods). Thats when I figured its B.S. to say they're going to hell just because they didn't know about Christianity. Then I began to think, maybe they'll go to their heaven and see our God but just as their multiple deities, in the way they perceived. Then I realized, "how do I know if me believing in God is right, and their religion is wrong, maybe its the other way around. So thats when I manifested thoughts of that all these higher deities in these other religions have to be the same person or persons, just appearing differently based on their culture. Thats when I steered away from being Christian into just believing into a mysterious higher force. And for religious beliefs coming in, I noticed that all these religions all have the same basic rules of life. So thus, my Omnistic views have been settled. xD

I'm not sure, I'm just waiting on the day for it to hit me so I can truly feel that way.

Thats the part which makes me question my Omnism, because I'm not sure which one is right. But I do know all religions(or the majority) want you to be good for whatever happens after life, which is something I can work with. Plus it feels good being good. x3  

Kozmog

O.G. Conventioneer

14,175 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brandisher 100

Kozmog

O.G. Conventioneer

14,175 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:48 pm
A Lonely Leaf
Yeah, I was going to ask the same thing. Anyway, what makes one think that the God of the Bible and the other 'gods' are the same? The Bible is clear about this. And other religions deny the true god, whom is known only through the son Jesus Christ.
I posted why in response to jesusgirl115's post (sorry I just didnt want to retype it all out x3).
And the other religions are no different from Christianity, because while they deny the "true god", we deny their "true gods". I'm sure if they were raised their whole life on their religion of course they would call Christianity wrong. Thats not their fault. :/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:11 pm
Adolf-Hitler1
Grand King Adrian
With Adolf Hitler being your username, your opinion has no effect. xD  

Kozmog

O.G. Conventioneer

14,175 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brandisher 100

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:14 pm
Have you actually tried these religions you talk about? The only way you're going to know is if you try it, like Christianity. One has to allow oneself to be open to the idea. Even if I was not Christian, it seems mighty odd than nonbelievers would somehow end up in their version of heaven to meet the one true God. It would be like inviting a complete stranger to your home, one who not only disobeyed, but somehow feels entitled to enter the home anyway.

And what basic rules of life do you mean? Christianity is about a relationship with God, not how we behave. Good deeds are good, but they do not bring salvation. Only Jesus can do that.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:09 pm
My apologies, Omnism is correct.

While God wants us to be "good", good acts aren't going to send you to Heaven.
God wants you to believe in your heart that He is the One and Only true God, love Him, and share His love and Word. Jesus died so you can spend eternity with God, you don't need to or should be nice to people just so you can go to Heaven.
You should be nice just to be nice, and to let the love of Jesus shine through you.

How do you feel about Wiccan or Pagan beliefs?

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kozmog

O.G. Conventioneer

14,175 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:31 pm
A Lonely Leaf
Have you actually tried these religions you talk about? The only way you're going to know is if you try it, like Christianity. One has to allow oneself to be open to the idea. Even if I was not Christian, it seems mighty odd than nonbelievers would somehow end up in their version of heaven to meet the one true God. It would be like inviting a complete stranger to your home, one who not only disobeyed, but somehow feels entitled to enter the home anyway.

And what basic rules of life do you mean? Christianity is about a relationship with God, not how we behave. Good deeds are good, but they do not bring salvation. Only Jesus can do that.
Don't get me wrong I'm very optimistic, I'm still looking for what I truly believe in. I haven't tried the religions, I've just did my research on them. So far I've been living my life mainly as a Christian, with some buddhist beliefs (living life to the fullest, being peaceful). But recently I've been wondering out of all these religions, who is truly right, and what if what I'm believing is wrong? It bothers me knowing that following one religion could end up being either pointless or completely wrongful in the end, especially when they all have some good points... >.<
And with those things religions can't directly prove, them just wanting you to believe doesn't make it any easier..

Christian friends

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff