Reply Community Lounge
Blogging! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:07 pm
Hello all. I have gotten into the writing a public dairy fad. I learned that if I get enough hits I could actually end up making a bit of money off of it. Plus it's a decent way to vent or just talk about random a** crap and not be throwing it in people's faces.

Anyone here blog at all? I know of at least one other ATGer who does.

Spoonfeed: Talk about anything blog related

Shameless plug: In case anyone wanted to venture over to my blogs:

http://godrapedme.xanga.com/
http://grimtheunknown.blogspot.ca/

They both have the same content, just depends on what one you wish to view, if you already have one on one of those and wish to follow as well.

GO!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:43 pm
I... can't... READ gonk  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:04 pm
Pourquoi?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:05 pm
I do the lazy man's blog. I have a tumblr and know of at least 3 other ATGers that use tumblr and follow them. It's pretty easy to blog with which is good for me because I'm so busy these days.

Mine is www.elmalo.tumblr.com

I used to have a xanga and made a blogspot one at one point for a class that I never use nor do I remember.

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:11 am
Interesting, I may consider making another blog spot. GTR suggested we do a review type of blog... perhaps That's what that one will be...

Do more people use tumblr than other ones?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:36 pm
I have no clue, possibly. It's not really a blogging kinda blog site if that makes sense. It's a lot of picture sharing really. I feel like it's kinda like the love child of the rest of the internet.  

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:32 pm
I use blogspot for my personal blog, and recently started an unofficial work-related blog. I'm always interested in seeing what other people write about.

My favourite blog to follow has to be Teacher Tom's blog. I like his reflections on life in general and life with preschoolers specifically.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:04 am
I have many blogs.

Poetry Blog

Tumblr!

Running Blog  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:40 am
I get discouraged when writing because the whole thing through all I can think is, "Does anyone really care?" I know I get a few family and friends who read it, but I think if I was to stumble across one of my blogs I wouldn't be overly interested in reading it so why would others be?

The ones that have received the most views are about deaths! I'd like to get my views up, but holy hell I don't want to have to talk about people dying all the damn time!

Is there a secret?

GTR and I have actually though about making a blog together doing reviews on stuff, it would probably be a broad range of things too. Is that overdone though?

Also, I love all this sharing of blogs! ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:43 pm
God-Raped-Me
I get discouraged when writing because the whole thing through all I can think is, "Does anyone really care?" I know I get a few family and friends who read it, but I think if I was to stumble across one of my blogs I wouldn't be overly interested in reading it so why would others be?

The ones that have received the most views are about deaths! I'd like to get my views up, but holy hell I don't want to have to talk about people dying all the damn time!

Is there a secret?

GTR and I have actually though about making a blog together doing reviews on stuff, it would probably be a broad range of things too. Is that overdone though?

Also, I love all this sharing of blogs! ^_^

My most successful blog to date has been my running/Couch to 5k blog. It was just a niche people were interested in. I have gotten almost 3,000 pageviews since it began at the very end of June 2012.

Reviews are tough because a lot of people have done it. Although death is somewhat depressing, there's obviously a niche for it.  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:55 pm
I have a tumblr, but I don't exactly blog thoughts

I reblog stuff I like sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:31 pm
wakusei
I have a tumblr, but I don't exactly blog thoughts

I reblog stuff I like sweatdrop

Following!  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:39 am
I used to write a book review blog called On the Bookshelf. It can be pretty time consuming to read books, write the reviews, and promote the website and eventually I just had too much going on to keep it up. It still gets a 100+ hits a week without any current promotion from me though. I've been considering picking it up again but if I did I would probably be looking to monetise and try to get some money back on all of my time.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:41 pm
Wow, I get happy when I see like 18 hits on a blog. gonk

Kaz, that's what I thought when I saw all the hits too... I just don't think I could write a blog about death every week. I wonder if it's about the death or if it's about the reflection. I plan on doing some more reflection type of posts and seeing how they do... I'm really hoping it is the reflection that people enjoy reading!

Terra, I don't blame you for wanting to try and get paid a bit for it! I can spend a good hour just writing up a blog, I couldn't imagine how much time it would take to try and read and post regularly!

We were thinking about reviewing things that we already use often and go out and get regularly... Which in our case is sexual related things. We were thinking that we would do a how it felt to both use and have it used type of review... I can tell you that if someone had told us that the fleshlight was like 15 freaking pounds we would NOT have spent the money on it!

I just don't know what the demand for something like that would be, or appreciation either. I know personally I would love reading reviews on things like that though, not just toys either, lingerie, robes, outfits... Basically anything we end up buying would be getting reviewed! No videos though.....  

God-Raped-Me

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:47 am
God-Raped-Me
Wow, I get happy when I see like 18 hits on a blog. gonk

Kaz, that's what I thought when I saw all the hits too... I just don't think I could write a blog about death every week. I wonder if it's about the death or if it's about the reflection. I plan on doing some more reflection type of posts and seeing how they do... I'm really hoping it is the reflection that people enjoy reading!

Terra, I don't blame you for wanting to try and get paid a bit for it! I can spend a good hour just writing up a blog, I couldn't imagine how much time it would take to try and read and post regularly!

We were thinking about reviewing things that we already use often and go out and get regularly... Which in our case is sexual related things. We were thinking that we would do a how it felt to both use and have it used type of review... I can tell you that if someone had told us that the fleshlight was like 15 freaking pounds we would NOT have spent the money on it!

I just don't know what the demand for something like that would be, or appreciation either. I know personally I would love reading reviews on things like that though, not just toys either, lingerie, robes, outfits... Basically anything we end up buying would be getting reviewed! No videos though.....

Just sayin', I would totally read that.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces