Reply Artist Corner
First try with color pencils.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

- - Inn0cence - - XxX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:36 am
Hello. I haven't posted in this guild in a while (I've lost my other post thread ._. )...that's because I haven't been drawing. >.< I haven't had much inspiration, but I finally decided, if I wanted to get better at drawing, I would just have to force myself. And so, I wanted to give myself a try at coloring. Of course, I'm not a techy person, so drawing and coloring on the computer is not my thing (though I want to get better at it). So, I colored using the basic of all coloring materials...color pencils. Now, this is my first time coloring, so it's not the best. And...it's been a while since I've drawn, so my drawings are bit...off, haha. Anyways, I would love critiques. I really would like to learn how to color.

Link

If you're wondering why is a bit gray-ish, I drew this and colored it in my sketchbook. And...I partially blame my scanner, lol.
There's a few marks on her face and I know...I sort of messed up. >.<
I didn't like the way how her mouth came out, but it's a little late to change that.

I will be adding more pictures...after I draw them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:08 am
I really like your style smile
The only thing I would have to suggest is to experiment with colour a bit, like using a different colour to add depth to your shading because if you just use one colour to shade it ends up looking a little bit flat~ heart  

Bitterwing

Timid Gawker

8,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100

- - Inn0cence - - XxX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:04 pm
@Bitterwing: Thanks.
Alright. I'll be sure to practice with that. =D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:23 pm
Very nice! Everything in art can be achieved with enough practice, so keep at it wink  

CynHimawari2828

Stellar Moonwalker

27,550 Points
  • I Voted! 25
  • Galactic Domination 200

Kai_Chi
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:20 pm
ou pretty ^-^  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:42 pm
Very nice! I also agree with Bitterwing - try using different colors to add depth to any highlighting and shading. It's a good start though!

I also feel that her mouth is slightly misplaced, or maybe it's just not in perspective with the way her head is turned. You already mentioned you didn't like the way it turned out though.  

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Noe Shu

Truthful Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:00 am
i think its really good maybe work on your shading  
Artist Corner

Manage Your Items