Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Citadel: A Mass Effect Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for fans of mass effect. We focus mainly on discussion, but roleplaying is also good. 

Tags: mass, effect, citadel, shepard, sci fi 

Reply The Citadel: A Mass Effect Guild
Insanity Playthrough

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:22 pm
Just wondering how everybody here tackles their insanity playthrough. Maybe provide some tips for those who haven't

Mass Effect 1:
Class: Vanguard
Strategy: Level 60 with the best armor and the spectre shotgun. Just tear the enemies apart

Mass Effect 2, just finished this not too long ago. A good challenge but not impossible with the right strategies. Swapped class to Sentinel
Class: Sentinel
Strategy: Versatility is the key to success here. Warp/Overload deals with barriers, armor and shields. Tech armor provides a solid defence while instantly cooling down your teammates powers. Keeping your team alive makes most encounters relatively easy.

Mass Effect 3.
Edit: Finished Insanity Run
My advice: Your teammates can actually fight in ME3 compared to just dying instantly in ME2. Garrus+Widow=Game over. James is a walking tank. The only real concern is phantoms and banshees.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:57 am
Dont die

blaugh

Everythingmasseffect

Partying Genius

soren_alenko

Crew

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:16 pm
Kulaan Do Tiid
Dont die

blaugh

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:56 pm
Kulaan Do Tiid
Dont die

blaugh

First 5 minutes of ME2.  

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

Everythingmasseffect

Partying Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:08 pm
soren_alenko
Kulaan Do Tiid
Dont die

blaugh

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:09 pm
AdvanceEX
Kulaan Do Tiid
Dont die

blaugh

First 5 minutes of ME2.
Lol Im working up to Insanity. Right now im on Normal. ^w^

Everythingmasseffect

Partying Genius

A Wild Nazara

Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:33 am
I remember trying Hardcore on ME1. Never finished it.
I mainly play through the games on Normal. On Easy if I'm feeling lazy. emotion_awesome

Right now I'm going through ME3 on Hardcore as Lv. 60 Engineer, pushing through with Mattock X and Paladin X.
I think I'm willing to try an Insanity run on ME3.

And now that I think about it, I still need that achievement, The Hard Way. Complete the Shadow Broker Mission pack on Hard or Insanity. Along with several ME1 achievements. emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:32 pm
I've started playing on Insanity but stopped after some time because I couldn't be bothered.

It's actually sort of easy, but only if you're patient and have a lot of time to spend hiding behind cover and picking enemies one by one and dodging grenades forever.

I was playing Sentinel for the extra shield, but I heard the best class choice for Insanity is Soldier.

:B 'Tis all I can say, sorry.

Fluffernerd

Invisible Poster

9,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Befriended 100

OtherWorldShukumei

Cluttered Cat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:13 am
I've only completed ME2 on Insanity so far. Used the Sentinel for his god-send Tech Armor.

But now that it's not the same in ME3... I'm using my Vanguard with Energy Drain as the bonus power, I think. I avoid her Charge like the plague, but otherwise I seem to be surviving. I'm up to just before the last mission on Rannoch; probably going to throw things at the screen while a Reaper beams me to death a billion times over.

I tried ME1 on Hardcore, and guh, does it suck. Well, I started up a new character and realized what I bad idea that was. So, one day I'll restart my Vanguard to start up Insanity at level 59 and eventually get maxed out at 60. ^-^  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:13 pm
I beat ME2 only once on Insanity and I have no desire to ever do it again. I played as a Infiltrator. Cloak was a major help as well as good aim with the Mantis sniper rifle [the only one I use regularly] My squad was almost no help [I think Miranda is part fainting goat or something] and I let them die repeatedly. Rarely used heavy weapons; it's easy to rely on them and then get into a jam where you don't have any ammo left. End game was the easiest part, of course, because by then you have a lot of upgraded weapons.

Haven't gotten good enough [by my twitchy reflex standards] to attempt a real Insanity play of ME3 but I'm working up to it.  

Jaiden`

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:56 pm
I've finished ME3 on Insanity! Honestly, it wasn't much of a challenge as I was expecting it to be but maybe thats just me. I can legitimately say that I have all achievements for all Mass Effect games (and Dragon Age games as well) until DLC is released.  
The Citadel: A Mass Effect Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games