Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
ℓε∱ŧ ∱σŗ đεąđ (Blood and Cadenza) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lurkers!
  +1
View Results

Cadenza of the Heart

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:44 pm
Feel free to creep, but please don't post, this space was not made for you.

↘↘ We've got a situation here..

It was a nice normal day for the world. Earth was spinning, sun and moon were shining, life was going on. And then nature decided it was time to eff that up. On July 26th, 2012, at exactly 11:38am PST, all of Earth's surface plant life released a deadly toxin into the air, killing anyone who inhaled it, before sucking it back up eight hours later. The only people saved were those at sea, in planes, or away from all vegetation for the full eight hours. They've now returned to their homes, loved ones now turned into mindless "zombies". Many have probably succumbed to bites or suicide, but there are those who are stronger, and are fighting back.

Those infected have lost many body functions. No signals from sensory nerves in the skin, very little muscle activity or sometimes too much, causing spasms. Low brain function, just enough to keep them moving, seeing, hearing and smelling. There are large numbers, and they will gather in packs. The toxin still remains in their saliva and blood, so get either of that into your system and you're toast. The process is quick, your body is instantly shut down while the toxin moves through your blood stream, waking up only some functions. As former humans, their muscles and minds will still need rest, though not as much as normal humans. The digestive system is mostly shut down, so they will not be able to excrete wastes or properly digest anything consumed, but they still feel the need to obtain energy via food. Once a victim is caught, they are slowly ripped and bitten apart, then whatever was unable to be digested is brought back up.

For the survivors there is hope. Food is all over the place, supermarkets full of packed goods and uncontaminated meat, houses with freezers and fridges full. Wouldn't trust the veggies though, just to be safe. Waiting out the infection is possible, but will take a long time, for the zombies deteriorate very slowly. Though they don't know what happened, and cannot predict the near future, they are smart, and they will figure it out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:48 pm
↘↘Survivors
xxxxxA general introduction, and in case we want to take on more characters

[imgleft](100x100 pic)[/imgleft][size=11][align=left]♣♣♣[color=COLOR1]▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇[/color]♣♣♣
[color=white]⇉⇉⇉[/color][b] [color=COLOR2](Name, whatever you want it to be)[/color] [/b]
[color=white]xxx[/color]◕ [i]But I like to be called[/i]: [b](nickname or formal title)[/b]
[color=white]xxx[/color]◕ [i]I'm now[/i] [b] (age) [/b] [i]years old![/i]
[color=white]xxx[/color]◕ [i]It's rather obvious, but I'm[/i] [b](gender)[/b]
[color=white]xxx[/color]◕ [i]Sometimes I can be[/i] [b](three traits, more if you want)[/b]. [i]Just deal with it![/i] [/align]
[align=right][color=black]⇗⇗⇗[/color] [color=COLOR2] (username) [/color][/align][/size]

User Image
♣♣♣▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇♣♣♣
⇉⇉⇉ Vanessa Robyn Cooper
xxxBut I like to be called: Vanna, or Coop
xxxI'm now twenty-four years old!
xxxIt's rather obvious, but I'm female
xxxSometimes I can be sassy, clever, chill. Just deal with it!

⇗⇗⇗ Cadenza of the Heart

User Image
♣♣♣▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇♣♣♣
⇉⇉⇉ Theseus Odetta O'Rourke
xxxBut I like to be called: Copper
xxxI'm now Twenty-five years old!
xxxIt's rather obvious, but I'm Male
xxxSometimes I can be Smart, resourceful, protective. Just deal with it!

⇗⇗⇗ Asbloodrunscold

Cadenza of the Heart

Inquisitor

Cadenza of the Heart

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:25 pm
asbloodrunscold

User Image

I'm gonna fight 'em all. A seven nation army couldn't hold me back. They're gonna rip it off. Taking their time right behind my back

m̅̅y̅ ̅̅n̅̅a̅̅m̅̅e̅̅:Vanessa Robyn Cooper ̅̅m̅̅y̅ ̅̅m̅̅o̅̅o̅̅d̅̅:̅ hurt and confused m̅̅y̅ ̅̅l̅̅o̅̅c̅̅a̅̅t̅̅i̅̅o̅̅n̅̅:̅ on the floor the crashed plane

User ImageVanessa groaned loudly, consciousness just returning to her. She felt pain everywhere, especially her head and legs. Looking around her she saw the interior of a plane, but for the life of her couldn't remember what had happened. She tried to think back to the last memory in her mind. She was in Rome for two weeks on vacation, got on the plane to go home after almost missing it. Flight went fine, she even took a nap. Went to the washroom, pilot announces that they're about to land so she goes back to her seat to get buckled in, and on the way back she gets thrown to the floor. Emergency landing is what she hears, problem at the airport. She gets tossed around some more before finally she's knocked unconscious.

User Image

User ImageAround her she can hear voices. Children and adults crying, people asking loudly what happened, others shouting about help. Yeah that sounded like a good idea, help. She needed some help getting up because she realized just then, she couldn't move her legs. Somehow a chair broke and fell on her, and she was too disoriented and hurt to get it off herself. Vanna mustered what strength she had and called out. "Help, can somebody help me?" Man that was weak. She cleared her throat and tried again. "I can't move. Help. Somebody. Anybody."

Don't want to hear about it. Every single one's got a story to tell. Everyone knows about it. From the Queen of England to the hounds of hell

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:50 pm
User Image

Theseus Odetta O'Rourke

Theseus slowly opened his eyes and held his head as he immediately began to hear a loud ringing. His head hurt as did a lot of his body now but he couldn't tell why. He cleared his vision and saw that he was still on the plane from Rome to New york. He groaned and turned himself around until he was on all fours and slowly stood up but he instantly fell against the wall. The cries of the people reached his ears very fast and he tried to move to help the ones closest to him but it took a second to gain a hold on himself. He coughed "Hold on, I'll be right there." he said. He was supposed to help people being who he was and that's what he would do. He went over to a woman trapped under a chair and lifted it off her "There you go." he said and went on helping others up. He couldn't remember how they ended up here but he knew they were just landing but obviously something happened in the c**k-pit. He shook his head trying to figure out what happened but right now they needed to get off this plane and outside.

He looked at Vanessa who he had saved first "Excuse me miss are you alright?" he asked her wanting to make sure. She looked worse than most of the other females on the flight. Many kids started crying or asking questions. The man were trying to get out of here. He sighed and looked around for his luggage and pulled a gun out of his bag. He had managed to get it on the plane due to his position on the force and pulled out a holster before placing it on his waste.

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50

Cadenza of the Heart

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:22 am
sweet, a cop >3 you can also click on the top and bottom rows of icons for what she's wearing, and her song.
and btw, she's got a concussion ;3 I'm totally destroying her, poor girl.

User Image

I'm gonna fight 'em all. A seven nation army couldn't hold me back. They're gonna rip it off. Taking their time right behind my back

m̅̅y̅ ̅̅n̅̅a̅̅m̅̅e̅̅:Vanessa Robyn Cooper ̅̅m̅̅y̅ ̅̅m̅̅o̅̅o̅̅d̅̅:̅ hurt and confused m̅̅y̅ ̅̅l̅̅o̅̅c̅̅a̅̅t̅̅i̅̅o̅̅n̅̅:̅ on the floor of the crashed plane

User ImageVanna was relieved to have the weight off her legs, and she was lucky she hadn't been passed out for long, otherwise the circulation would have cut off. She had sore spots all over, and knew they'd turn into bruises, and there were cuts as well. She reached to her forehead, which had knocked against the side of a chair, and felt the skin was split open. Sticky blood smeared under her fingers, but it wasn't serious. Vanna was lucky nothing had been broken, but her jeans were going to stain red. Not even the chain on her necklace had snapped, what luck.

User Image

User ImageA deep voice was saying something to her though, and she looked up to meet the chocolate eyes of her savior. "Excuse me miss, are you alright?" he asked her. She nodded. "I didn't get to my seat in time and was tossed around, but I think I'm mostly okay. What happened? Is everyone else okay?" Using an armrest, she pulled herself to her feet, biting back the pain. The stewardesses were probably jostled around too, and God knew what had happened to the pilot and co-pilot. "We gotta...gotta help the people up front. Gotta get out of this bird and find outside help." Vanna used the tops of seats as crutches and pushed herself forward, heading for the cockpit. It was hard, she felt like crap and all she wanted to do was lay down and sleep. She was just so sleepy...

Don't want to hear about it. Every single one's got a story to tell. Everyone knows about it. From the Queen of England to the hounds of hell

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:10 am
User Image

((I can tell but we'll get her some help soon ^^ Yeah mine's still in a suit just without the bade.))

Theseus Odetta O'Rourke

Theseus took a minute to look at the condition of the woman he rushed over to help her so she didn't collapse. He led her away from the cockpit "You should go out with the others, I'll check out of the pilots." he said and set her at the door "Someone help this woman please!" he said and one of the other men came over and led her outside. Theseus pulled out his gun and slowly made his way towards the cockpit and opened it slowly but what he found inside was...unpleasant to say the very least. He closed the door and covered his mouth with the back of his hand before placing the gun in his holster. Once outside he looked around, the place was filled with planes which he didn't understand, there shouldn't have been this many planes on the runway, it was on wonder they crashed. He looked around, this place looked a mess but he couldn't figure it out. He placed his hands on his hips "I take one vacation and this place goes to hell." he said mostly to himself though.

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50

Cadenza of the Heart

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:53 am
User Image

m̅̅y̅ ̅̅n̅̅a̅̅m̅̅e̅̅:Vanessa Robyn Cooper ̅̅m̅̅y̅ ̅̅m̅̅o̅̅o̅̅d̅̅:̅ hurt and confused m̅̅y̅ ̅̅l̅̅o̅̅c̅̅a̅̅t̅̅i̅̅o̅̅n̅̅:̅ outside the plane

User ImageOnce outside, Vanessa took a look around. What she saw shocked and confused her. There were planes strewn about the airport, one even crashed into the terminal. At least she knew why they had crashed. How did this chaos happen was the new question. She looked long and hard at the windows of the building in case there was a hostage situation, but she didn't see people with guns, she saw lots of shuffling forms. Why hadn't it been radioed to them that it wasn't safe to land? Dammit, Vanna had family waiting for her, what had even happened to them? Were they okay?

User Image

User ImageThe man that had helped her exited the plane, looking none too pleased. She noticed he carried a gun, must be an important figure to get to do that on a plane. Van hobbled over to him. "Do you have an idea what happened here? Someone would have contacted our plane if it weren't safe to land, right? Why haven't they?" By this point she was seeing stars, but she shook them away. Now was not the time to pass out. "I thought I could see people inside the airport, we should go ask them what's up."

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:17 pm
Fixed  

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:49 pm
User Image

Theseus Odetta O'Rourke

"Do you have an idea what happened here? Someone would have contacted our plane if it weren't safe to land, right? Why haven't they?" he turned towards the source of the question and sighed "I don't know." he told her simply as he was unable to come up with a serviceable answer to the woman. There must have been a large accident or something right? Why else would they be allowed to land when other plans were here and why had another crashed into the terminal. None of this actually made sense to him and he was undeniably confused about it all. He grabbed her hand gently "I thought I could see people inside the airport, we should go ask them what's up." he heard this and began to pull her. If he had his phone he would have contacted the station to demand an answer but in the crash it had been flung from his pocket and now was not the time to search.

He gently guided the girl to the airport "We need to get you some medical attention miss." he said to her. His thinking was that while they attended to her wounds, he could get some answers and maybe enough evidence to warrant investigation to see if this was an attack or a freak accident. He looked around, there were unused luggage every as well but he ignored it and kept going desperately trying to get this woman some help.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:19 pm
User Image

m̅̅y̅ ̅̅n̅̅a̅̅m̅̅e̅̅:Vanessa Robyn Cooper ̅̅m̅̅y̅ ̅̅m̅̅o̅̅o̅̅d̅̅:̅ calmer m̅̅y̅ ̅̅l̅̅o̅̅c̅̅a̅̅t̅̅i̅̅o̅̅n̅̅:̅ heading inside

User ImageShe followed the man, not really having a choice as he had a grip on her hand. He was right though, she wasn't fairing so well, and really needed to get some ice on her pounding head. Reaching up with her free hand, she still felt the wound on her head bleeding, and it had run down onto her sweater, and was matting down some of her loose, wild hair. As they headed towards the airport terminal, she looked off to the side and noticed someone sluggishly walking around, almost aimlessly. They didn't look so good themselves actually. "There's someone right there, I think they might need help too."

User Image

User ImageHe was awfully concerned about her, with her being a complete stranger and all. Plus the gun at his hip. Must be some sort of cop to have his head straight at a time like this. But no badge, and why was he on a flight back from Rome? In a suit even. At least someone ready for emergencies was with her, if she had to take charge she wouldn't have been at all good at keeping panic down and getting people help.

User Image

Cadenza of the Heart

Inquisitor

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:35 pm
User Image

Theseus Odetta O'Rourke

Thesus proceeded inside and looked around, the people looked lost but he had no time to wonder why. He proceeded to weave through them to get to the one of the stations and pulled out a first aid kit. He began to tend to the wounds he could "Bear with me alright?" he asked. He was skilled with first aid since he spent OS much time helping the wounded.

(9My mind is dead))  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:18 pm
User Image

m̅̅y̅ ̅̅n̅̅a̅̅m̅̅e̅̅:Vanessa Robyn Cooper ̅̅m̅̅y̅ ̅̅m̅̅o̅̅o̅̅d̅̅:̅ concerned m̅̅y̅ ̅̅l̅̅o̅̅c̅̅a̅̅t̅̅i̅̅o̅̅n̅̅:̅ about ready to leave the airport

User ImageVanessa winced as the man cleaned out her cuts and began to bandage them. To distract herself from the stinging she looked at all the people in the airport, and gasped. "Hey um, why are they all looking at us? And heading this way?" Every person they had passed by was now slowly walking towards the first aid station, and they didn't look good. Their skin was all greyish, and not one was seeming to be associated with another. She could see plenty of children, but without a parent by their sides, looking just as dead as the others. "They don't look right to me, I have a feeling we should get out of here, before they swarm us."

User Image

User ImageVanna got up from where she was sitting, pulled the first aid materials from his hands and shoved them inside their box, holding said box under her arm. She held her hand out to him to take. "Let's go and get back to the others from the plane. You're either with me or not Mr."

User Image

Cadenza of the Heart

Inquisitor

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:58 pm
User Image

Theseus Odetta O'Rourke

Thesus continued to patch up the wounds to where they at least would heal up if given time and wouldn't bleed all over. He was about to put the finishing touches on her most obvious wounds before she stopped him and warned him about the approaching people. He turned in their direction and nodded how they all looked lifeless. He had no idea why they moved towards him and the woman but he pulled out his gun though he would never pull the trigger on a civilian unless he really had to. The sight of the gun did not stop them and they continued their advance which made Theseus cringe. This was not a good situation and he could tell. He fired a shot at the ceiling but no luck and. The first aid he was carrying was taken from him and placed into another box by the woman he was helping who then tried to rush them out and with good reason.

He took her hand "Detective O'Rourke." he said and followed after her to get away from these guys. His head was calm even though in this moment he probably shouldn't have been. It was like they wee zombies.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:38 pm
User Image

m̅̅y̅ ̅̅n̅̅a̅̅m̅̅e̅̅:Vanessa Robyn Cooper ̅̅m̅̅y̅ ̅̅m̅̅o̅̅o̅̅d̅̅:̅ considerably freaked out m̅̅y̅ ̅̅l̅̅o̅̅c̅̅a̅̅t̅̅i̅̅o̅̅n̅̅:̅ outside

User Image"Vanessa Cooper, charmed I'm sure." These people were giving her the creeps, and the more that noticed them as they hurried along, the more that started to follow. "This is not right at all.." She looked for, and found, the closest door that lead outside, making a beeline straight for it. She did her best to weave through the crowd of grey faces, but got too close to one and was grabbed by the arm. She let out a surprised shriek and pulled back quickly, moving away even faster. "I don't think these are people anymore. That one was ice cold, and his eyes... Look at them! There is no light behind their eyes. It's like they're all dead!" She pushed through the door, feeling her heartbeat speed up with fright. If they were dead, why were they walking around? What had happened.

User Image

User ImageBeing outside though, she could finally hear the screaming. "Ohmigod, the other passengers are in trouble!" Vanna let go of O'Rourke's hand and tried to run, but her ankle reminded her that wasn't a good idea, so she hopped as fast as she could to their crashed plane.

User Image

Cadenza of the Heart

Inquisitor

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out