PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:47 am

Whenever my dog sees someone outside, she barks like crazy
and doesn't stop. Sometimes, she barks at nothing! She gets
plenty of socialization and is always friendly around strangers
and friends. I mean, she barks at only certain people. For example,
a random kid from another neighborhood is skateboarding past
my house. My dog doesn't bark. A very chubby jogger lady jogs
past my house. My dog barks like crazy and doesn't stop. Even
when the lady is out of sight, she keeps barking and barking.
How can I get her to stop? I don't wanna use one of those barking
collars or whatever, because I still want her to bark if there is an
intruder in the house one day. Does that make sense? emotion_sweatdrop And I
would like an answer as quickly as possible, because right now,
as I am posting this topic, my dog is barking at nothing. She is looking
out the window to my backyard, and barking at nothing. She's been
doing this for at least an hour. What's wrong with her? What does she
see? There are no people or animals that I can see in the backyard.
I'm getting sick of it. Oh, and she is a Maltese Pomeranian. That shrill
bark of her's = very annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:07 am
How much attention and exercise does she get? A tired dog is a good dog. A bored dog is a destructive dog. (ground rules. VERY SITUATIONAL STATEMENT)  

Azusanga

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:01 pm
It's definitely the Pom part, at least. My Pom barks at dust. It's annoying but... I can't take him outside right now when it's 100 every day and sunny and the pool has dust.

For me at least it's all the animals around the area, other people and the construction at the school across the street.

But that bark.... I know what bark you refer to. It is awful.

Sorry I can't give advice but take comfort in knowing you are certainly not alone sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:18 pm
Azusanga
How much attention and exercise does she get? A tired dog is a good dog. A bored dog is a destructive dog. (ground rules. VERY SITUATIONAL STATEMENT)

She gets lots and lots of positive attention everyday, as for exercise.... I take her on long walks once a week. By the end of the walk, she is extra tired, and falls asleep almost immediatly after we arrive back at the house. Since she's a small dog, she doesn't need a lot of vigorous exercise... at least that's what I read online.  

with patroclus

Phantom

with patroclus

Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:19 pm
Kithy Kitty
It's definitely the Pom part, at least. My Pom barks at dust. It's annoying but... I can't take him outside right now when it's 100 every day and sunny and the pool has dust.

For me at least it's all the animals around the area, other people and the construction at the school across the street.

But that bark.... I know what bark you refer to. It is awful.

Sorry I can't give advice but take comfort in knowing you are certainly not alone sweatdrop

Thanks. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:30 am
pup720
Azusanga

She gets lots and lots of positive attention everyday, as for exercise.... I take her on long walks once a week. By the end of the walk, she is extra tired, and falls asleep almost immediatly after we arrive back at the house. Since she's a small dog, she doesn't need a lot of vigorous exercise... at least that's what I read online.

That's your problem, right there. She's bored. She needs lots of vigorous exercise- she should be so tired she falls asleep immediately EVERY DAY. This will help keep her in great shape, and she won't be so bored all of the time. Small dogs need as much exercise as big dogs. If it's so hot that you can't take her outside, then do indoor activities- play games with her, do indoor fetch (if you have enough room), hides treats for her to find.. etc.  

Azusanga

with patroclus

Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:49 am
Azusanga
pup720
Azusanga

That's your problem, right there. She's bored. She needs lots of vigorous exercise- she should be so tired she falls asleep immediately EVERY DAY. This will help keep her in great shape, and she won't be so bored all of the time. Small dogs need as much exercise as big dogs. If it's so hot that you can't take her outside, then do indoor activities- play games with her, do indoor fetch (if you have enough room), hides treats for her to find.. etc.

Oh! I had no idea. emotion_sweatdrop Okay, I'll do that. Thanks so much! : )  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games