Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Henshin Imperium

Back to Guilds

Where the worlds of Power Rangers and Tokusastu (Sentai and Kamen Rider) collide. 

Tags: Role Playing, Kamen Rider, Sentai, Henshin, Tokusatsu 

Reply Imperium HQ
Official Kamen Rider Wizard Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr Jes
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:04 pm
"Mahō, sore wa seinaru chikara! Mahō, sore wa m..." Dammit, wrong series. ><

Anyway here's official thread for the twenty-third Kamen Rider series, Kamen Rider Wizard.

Not really much else to say accept Enjoy and Post!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:34 am
Mr Jes
"Mahō, sore wa seinaru chikara! Mahō, sore wa m..." Dammit, wrong series. ><

Anyway here's official thread for the twenty-third Kamen Rider series, Kamen Rider Wizard.

Not really much else to say accept Enjoy and Post!

Haha, I really need to get into Magiranger....can't seem to get past episode 7...

Anyways, the newest look of Kamen Rider reminds me a little bit of Kiva. I certainly *hope* that this series is a little bit more darker in context. I love the dark KRs. Not saying that I didn't like the infectious Gen in Fourze, but the OOO's anti-hero of Ankh, or Kiva's 22 year flashbacks, or Den-o's Imagn made it quite interesting.

Eh, I am not making sense. Let's put it this way, I like the dark stuff with LOTS of back history in the story line. When there is depth, I am greatly interested. When it is light, I forget it quickly.

So I really HOPE that KRWizard has Depth in the storyline, and perhaps, dark, too.

Just my two cents.  

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Itami
Vice Captain

Celestial Sentai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:52 pm
It is looking like an interesting series so far. Definitely hoping they pull back the reigns on trying to be humorous as well and go more for a darker/serious storyline with it. It is hard to tell pre-show if it will go that way though.

I'm amused at two things so far. First, they are keeping with the numbering idea started with Double. Double = 2, OOOs = 3, Fourze = 4 and now Wizard who has the 5 motif in that they are using rings and a hand/five finger gimmick.

Second is that they revealed seven forms already (with the eighth being a given) So that is quite a hefty number of forms well before the show has even begun. It makes me question how many forms this rider will end up with if that is the case. I'm hoping if they give him a lot of forms and rings that they can do a decent job juggling usage of each thing and not just go the route of "Hey something new and flashy, it beats this monster" then drop it for the next shiny power up.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:31 pm
Itami
It is looking like an interesting series so far. Definitely hoping they pull back the reigns on trying to be humorous as well and go more for a darker/serious storyline with it. It is hard to tell pre-show if it will go that way though.

I'm amused at two things so far. First, they are keeping with the numbering idea started with Double. Double = 2, OOOs = 3, Fourze = 4 and now Wizard who has the 5 motif in that they are using rings and a hand/five finger gimmick.

Second is that they revealed seven forms already (with the eighth being a given) So that is quite a hefty number of forms well before the show has even begun. It makes me question how many forms this rider will end up with if that is the case. I'm hoping if they give him a lot of forms and rings that they can do a decent job juggling usage of each thing and not just go the route of "Hey something new and flashy, it beats this monster" then drop it for the next shiny power up.

I agree, it's definitely a series to watch for. Looking forward to first couple of episodes and yes it is a bit of fresh air to see a darker series once and a while. It's all about balance.

That also caught my eye on the whole "number" gimmick thing that newer series seem to take... which also means I guess I owe ya'. ><

Well it's not that surprising. Before either Double or Ozu's respectfully aired, they revealed most of the forms aside from the "final" ones. Anyway, we'll have to wait and see how each form, or power, is used. Again in both Double and Ozu each form/powers we're used strategically, but were used often enough by themselves at least until the upgraded forms were obtained. Fourze, however, seems to only select few switches outside of the "switch of the week." Something that really upset me and something you were right on about.

The eighth form? I was only aware of the first seven.

Nadira

Haha, I really need to get into Magiranger....can't seem to get past episode 7...

Anyways, the newest look of Kamen Rider reminds me a little bit of Kiva. I certainly *hope* that this series is a little bit more darker in context. I love the dark KRs. Not saying that I didn't like the infectious Gen in Fourze, but the OOO's anti-hero of Ankh, or Kiva's 22 year flashbacks, or Den-o's Imagn made it quite interesting.

Eh, I am not making sense. Let's put it this way, I like the dark stuff with LOTS of back history in the story line. When there is depth, I am greatly interested. When it is light, I forget it quickly.

So I really HOPE that KRWizard has Depth in the storyline, and perhaps, dark, too.

lol It's okay, once you get into it Magiranger is a really enjoyable series to watch. Nice blend of seriousness and softness. (Though it tended to be more humorous for me ><)

To be honest, it would to a little refreshing now to have a serious/dark series for a change. It just feels time for change and while I like Fourze enough I've had as much "Uchū Kitā" crap as I can handle.

Yes you are. Dark series tend to have more depth and storytelling then lighter ones. ^^

We can only wait and see.

---
Despite the first episode being a few months away, do have any theories on what to expect?  

Mr Jes
Captain

Itami
Vice Captain

Celestial Sentai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:49 pm
Mr Jes

I agree, it's definitely a series to watch for. Looking forward to first couple of episodes and yes it is a bit of fresh air to see a darker series once and a while. It's all about balance.

That also caught my eye on the whole "number" gimmick thing that newer series seem to take... which also means I guess I owe ya'. ><

Well it's not that surprising. Before either Double or Ozu's respectfully aired, they revealed most of the forms aside from the "final" ones. Anyway, we'll have to wait and see how each form, or power, is used. Again in both Double and Ozu each form/powers we're used strategically, but were used often enough by themselves at least until the upgraded forms were obtained. Fourze, however, seems to only select few switches outside of the "switch of the week." Something that really upset me and something you were right on about.

Indeed. Balance is a key. I won't mind humor in it, so long as it isn't as thrown out there as it has been. I'm sure it will be though since Kamen Rider has been going that route over the past few years. I blame Den-O doing so well with it.

Owe me?

Double had a few beyond the base ones including the final one. OOOs had quite a number of them he used and we didn't know ahead of time even with people haxoring the toy. Fourze people correctly guessed on having four, though he's had a lot tossed in outside of that too with movie-gained forums. So we'll probably have even more with Wizard here. Ones obtained both in series and movie ones that might appear once or twice in the series.

There is Flame, Hurricane, Water and Land. They revealed upgraded forms with Flame Dragon, Hurricane Dragon and Water Dragon. Unless they have some reason not to (which I don't see why they would given how similar each form seems to be in design and they love making as many toys as possible) they will have a Land Dragon form as well. So that is eight forms already.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:09 pm
Itami
Mr Jes

Indeed. Balance is a key. I won't mind humor in it, so long as it isn't as thrown out there as it has been. I'm sure it will be though since Kamen Rider has been going that route over the past few years. I blame Den-O doing so well with it.

Owe me?

Double had a few beyond the base ones including the final one. OOOs had quite a number of them he used and we didn't know ahead of time even with people haxoring the toy. Fourze people correctly guessed on having four, though he's had a lot tossed in outside of that too with movie-gained forums. So we'll probably have even more with Wizard here. Ones obtained both in series and movie ones that might appear once or twice in the series.

There is Flame, Hurricane, Water and Land. They revealed upgraded forms with Flame Dragon, Hurricane Dragon and Water Dragon. Unless they have some reason not to (which I don't see why they would given how similar each form seems to be in design and they love making as many toys as possible) they will have a Land Dragon form as well. So that is eight forms already.

Possibly, I've been wrong about it before. We'll just have to ride it out and see. Den-O? lol Probably.

Indeed. You called it.

Individual forms aside from the base one, you mean? I was only going by show only forms at first, using Double as an example. But yes, newer riders do tend to have more forms with forms gained in the movie. I blame Double. With both Fourze and Double, I was pleasantly surprised to see the movie only forms (and riders) make an appearance and become canon.
((However this also means the movie with Kamen Rider Core is canon. Unless you want to just deny its existence, like I did.))

Forgive me, reading that bit about "the eighth already being a given" somehow made me miscount. I completely forgot about Land Dragon, but yes it entirely to silly for all the other forms to get an upgrade while it itself doesn't. Though this is something that I like about Wizard. It's very Kyuuga in the way it has upgrades for forms. Makes you wonder what else the show creators/writers have in store. ((That and if even his final form gets its own upgrade. ))  

Mr Jes
Captain

Itami
Vice Captain

Celestial Sentai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:55 am
Mr Jes

Possibly, I've been wrong about it before. We'll just have to ride it out and see. Den-O? lol Probably.

Indeed. You called it.

Individual forms aside from the base one, you mean? I was only going by show only forms at first, using Double as an example. But yes, newer riders do tend to have more forms with forms gained in the movie. I blame Double. With both Fourze and Double, I was pleasantly surprised to see the movie only forms (and riders) make an appearance and become canon.
((However this also means the movie with Kamen Rider Core is canon. Unless you want to just deny its existence, like I did.))

Forgive me, reading that bit about "the eighth already being a given" somehow made me miscount. I completely forgot about Land Dragon, but yes it entirely to silly for all the other forms to get an upgrade while it itself doesn't. Though this is something that I like about Wizard. It's very Kyuuga in the way it has upgrades for forms. Makes you wonder what else the show creators/writers have in store. ((That and if even his final form gets its own upgrade. ))

Well, by base I mean the ones they start off with in a show and don't typically have to earn in any way, just use down the line. I'll count a movie based forum if it is used in the show as well and not just shown during a movie in a one shot sort of way. I'd say Den-O started the trend (again) since it had Wing form in the movie, then later in the show.

I am enjoying the Kuuga-like qualities so far as well. Multiple base forms all with upgrades. I'm hoping it also means we get to see a form of Wizard which isn't powered up, like Kuuga had the white form or Den-O's Plat form.

--

A 1 minute video from the promotional event showing off Wizard is online now. A new game is also out with Wizard as a hidden character (this happened with Fourze last year too) who has a few attacks and both have sounds from the driver if anyone is interested in hearing the belt early.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:25 pm
Itami

Well, by base I mean the ones they start off with in a show and don't typically have to earn in any way, just use down the line. I'll count a movie based forum if it is used in the show as well and not just shown during a movie in a one shot sort of way. I'd say Den-O started the trend (again) since it had Wing form in the movie, then later in the show.

I am enjoying the Kuuga-like qualities so far as well. Multiple base forms all with upgrades. I'm hoping it also means we get to see a form of Wizard which isn't powered up, like Kuuga had the white form or Den-O's Plat form.

--

A 1 minute video from the promotional event showing off Wizard is online now. A new game is also out with Wizard as a hidden character (this happened with Fourze last year too) who has a few attacks and both have sounds from the driver if anyone is interested in hearing the belt early.

Ah, I see. I'd say Flame Style is probably going to be that said state since it's been shown in all the materials released/leaked so far. I tend to agree, at the rate Toei is going, it is good chance we will see such a form appearing in the show. Though not all the Rider shows have shown this pattern.

It could be argued that Growing Form was form preceding Mighty Form. At this point, I honestly doubt we'll see a form like that. However that doesn't exclude the possibility of a "movie-exclusive" form. But I use "movie-exclusive" rather lightly.

I saw the video a couple of minutes ago as well. Like Fourze, the sounds of the Driver and GunBlade annoy me, but I'll have to see them in action before I make a final judgement. Heck, Fourze's countdown actually grew on me after while. It was nice change of pace.  

Mr Jes
Captain

Itami
Vice Captain

Celestial Sentai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:23 pm
Mr Jes

Ah, I see. I'd say Flame Style is probably going to be that said state since it's been shown in all the materials released/leaked so far. I tend to agree, at the rate Toei is going, it is good chance we will see such a form appearing in the show. Though not all the Rider shows have shown this pattern.

It could be argued that Growing Form was form preceding Mighty Form. At this point, I honestly doubt we'll see a form like that. However that doesn't exclude the possibility of a "movie-exclusive" form. But I use "movie-exclusive" rather lightly.

I saw the video a couple of minutes ago as well. Like Fourze, the sounds of the Driver and GunBlade annoy me, but I'll have to see them in action before I make a final judgement. Heck, Fourze's countdown actually grew on me after while. It was nice change of pace.

Well, of course Flame will be his primary/main form he will use. That is pretty well given since like you said it is their focus on all the released information.

It might be doubtful to see a sort of underpowered base form, but I still would like to see it eventually. I think it is safe to say we will get a handful of movie based forms, with one or two being seen in the series a while after the first movie or two comes out.

I like the driver sound so far myself. I at least liked it more previewed in the game, it seems like there was unnecessary added noise during the video from the conference though that could be annoying if it is something his driver does a lot.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:36 pm
Itami

Well, of course Flame will be his primary/main form he will use. That is pretty well given since like you said it is their focus on all the released information.

It might be doubtful to see a sort of underpowered base form, but I still would like to see it eventually. I think it is safe to say we will get a handful of movie based forms, with one or two being seen in the series a while after the first movie or two comes out.

I like the driver sound so far myself. I at least liked it more previewed in the game, it seems like there was unnecessary added noise during the video from the conference though that could be annoying if it is something his driver does a lot.

Not saying I wouldn't either. It would be nice, but we haven't seen such a form since Kuuga, unless you count something like Den-O's plat form or even beginning states/forms in general. However that would indeed be stretching things to far.
Like you said, there's a trend where movie based forms eventually appear in the show. So yes, I agree we'll be seeing them soon; though those forms would probably appear in later episodes towards the end of the series.

So far I'm against. It just sounds like there's to much going on. However if something was added into the preview then that affect my judgement. In which case I hope not. Part of what I heard sounded really cool.  

Mr Jes
Captain

Itami
Vice Captain

Celestial Sentai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:27 pm
Mr Jes

Not saying I wouldn't either. It would be nice, but we haven't seen such a form since Kuuga, unless you count something like Den-O's plat form or even beginning states/forms in general. However that would indeed be stretching things to far.
Like you said, there's a trend where movie based forms eventually appear in the show. So yes, I agree we'll be seeing them soon; though those forms would probably appear in later episodes towards the end of the series.

So far I'm against. It just sounds like there's to much going on. However if something was added into the preview then that affect my judgement. In which case I hope not. Part of what I heard sounded really cool.

Yeah, it hasn't been done in a while. Now would be a good time to have such a form though I think so I will keep my fingers crossed for at least a one time appearance of such a thing. Like he gets all his magical energy drained or something.

The preview on the stage show was a bit much. I am thinking it is part of a song or something. Hoping anyways.
Here is a video of Wizard fighting in the recent PSP/DS game All Kamen Rider Generation 2. You can hear his belt noise for two attacks, and while the person spams the attacks they seem better than the noise spam from the preview.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:36 am
Itami

Yeah, it hasn't been done in a while. Now would be a good time to have such a form though I think so I will keep my fingers crossed for at least a one time appearance of such a thing. Like he gets all his magical energy drained or something.

The preview on the stage show was a bit much. I am thinking it is part of a song or something. Hoping anyways.
Here is a video of Wizard fighting in the recent PSP/DS game All Kamen Rider Generation 2. You can hear his belt noise for two attacks, and while the person spams the attacks they seem better than the noise spam from the preview.

Same here, it would pretty cool to see a rider's powers taken away from him/her again. Doesn't happen all that often unfortunately. ((And Meter doesn't count. ><))

Now that's more like it. I'm hopping you're right about the noise at the preview just being some background music or whatever. The attack sounds from the game seem more "natural" in that they seem to match Wizard's apparent motif: Basic. Which I like and look for in a series.

The Henshin noise in the Preview actually sounded decent, though I think it's something I'm going have to get used to/see in action.  

Mr Jes
Captain

Itami
Vice Captain

Celestial Sentai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:12 pm
Mr Jes

Same here, it would pretty cool to see a rider's powers taken away from him/her again. Doesn't happen all that often unfortunately. ((And Meter doesn't count. ><))

Now that's more like it. I'm hopping you're right about the noise at the preview just being some background music or whatever. The attack sounds from the game seem more "natural" in that they seem to match Wizard's apparent motif: Basic. Which I like and look for in a series.

The Henshin noise in the Preview actually sounded decent, though I think it's something I'm going have to get used to/see in action.

Well, perhaps it isn't like that at all. Another video is out with clearer noises and it seems like all that junk noise is from the belt. Video here. We just have to wait and see I guess.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:32 pm
Itami
Mr Jes

Well, perhaps it isn't like that at all. Another video is out with clearer noises and it seems like all that junk noise is from the belt. Video here. We just have to wait and see I guess.
Well the Henshin Sound is okay and the "Hi Hi Hi" (sound of the elements) noises are interesting, but the "Shaking your hands" bit is way to much in my opinion But yes, we'll have to wait and see. Though I dread getting used to it every time he does a finisher. Like Fourze's "Space is here!" bit.

BTW I should really thank you now for sharing all these videos with us thus far, man. It's appreciated. ^^  

Mr Jes
Captain

Itami
Vice Captain

Celestial Sentai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:19 pm
New trailer for Wizard is out.
View it here

It looks like it might be a pretty good series.

As an off topic note: Gaia really needs to uniform it's code. Pretty annoying to have a youtube embed button that doesn't work because guilds works different than the forums.  
Imperium HQ

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff