Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Nanaki isn't doing so well right now.. UPDATED!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:36 am
As of yesterday Nanaki has been one sick puppy.

He's been throwing up a lot. It's dark brown and smells awful.

He refuses to eat things he'd normally take our fingers off for.

He is barely keeping his eyes open whether he's sitting, laying down or standing.

He doesn't really want to be held where normally he loves laying on my shoulders or lap.

When he drinks water, he throws it back up.

He's so lethargic. Won't even come when I call his name. Normally he's so jumpy and excitable.

He's going to the vet in a few hours. There was no way I could bring him to an ER vet unless I thought he really needed to go.

As it is... I don't know what I'm gonna do. Right now we are strapped for cash since the only working person in the house lost their job while the other two of us were in the process of looking for jobs.

I'm pretty well prepared to sell everything I own to save him. Next to my children... Nanaki is my baby. He's my best friend. I can't lose him. I nearly sent myself into a full blown panic attack laying in bed an hour ago. The vet opens in an hour and a half.

I'm assuming it's some kind of obstruction. He destroyed a toy while I was in another room and I doubt we found all the stuffing. He'd had things like this before like when our 2 year old gives him a pacifier and Nanaki runs off with it. He's ate the n****e part, puked a few times and it's come up. Aside from flakey (my husband described it as dark fish food type stuff) stuff...nothing has really come up for Nanaki,

Our vet is decent and we have one of those "wellness plans" for him but I keep hearing conflicting views on it...there's another vet that my in-laws use for their cats but our plan doesn't work there. They do, however, have like a financing option. So I guess if we need surgery we'll probably go there.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:21 am
/siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

His vet can't fit him in until 2pm unless I want to drop him off and they can maybe see him between appointments.

Waiting for another vet to open so I can see if there's room.  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:48 am
Brought him in to the vet and he swallowed a squeaker from a squeaky toy. It was 2/3 of the way through his small intestine and wasn't gonna go further. They're keeping him overnight :< Which makes me sad because I miss him.

$1200-1400 bill /sigh  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:02 am
I hope he passes it and gets better soon. sad  

CrissAngelLover12345

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:23 pm
Soo it wasn't a squeaker. Turns out our 2 year old gave him a pacifier and Nanaki chewed the n****e off. Now, this is something he has done which is why pacifiers are generally banned in all parts of the house but Adrien's room. But we live with his grand parents and when they take him out of his room they sometimes forget to take it away.

And then Adrien decides to share it with Nanaki. But again, Nanaki has eaten them before. He usually pukes them up or passes them out. This was the first time that hasn't happened.

The surgery went great. I was disappointed they kept him overnight but it was what was best for him. I hardly slept the past few days. I think it kinda sounds like I love him more than my son sweatdrop Of course I don't. But Nanaki is like one of my children.

Anyway. They kept him a little longer because he wouldn't eat but was doing just fine in everything else. He was pretty much back to his usual, bouncy self. The doctor decided he'd probably eat at home and his refusal to eat was because he is a Pomeranian and they are "snooty", she said. I agreed razz

He did eat a little while after getting home. First it was some of his dog food. And then I gave him a few bites of a hot dog to get him his antibiotic.

Now he's under the pillows on our bed. He'll have to sleep in his kennel for a few nights which is something we've never enforced. I'll be more upset about it than him because he's my snuggle buddy T^T

The vet we saw well... normally, I don't think much of her. She's a great vet but not very personable. But when she handed me her personal cell phone number and told me to call her if I needed anything... well, mega brownie points were handed out.

All in all, I'm going to be much more observant about what Nanaki is playing with. No more toys with stuffing or squeakers. Definitely no pacifiers. And he will either be with me at all times or be in his kennel when I cannot watch him.

$1300 for this trip. We sold all my Wii games. A lot of my DS games. A ton of XBOX games. Almost sold the PS3 but forgot the cables. My husband sold his High School class ring.... if I ever doubted that he loved Nanaki (and I have, believe me) I don't anymore. Grateful for the CareCredit thing, we were approved for $500 and have six months to pay that part off. We also have two weeks to come up with the other $400+ we have left to pay off. Hubby is gonna sell a gun or two but.. Nanaki is worth it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:24 pm
CrissAngelLover12345
I hope he passes it and gets better soon. sad
Thank you so much heart  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:51 pm
I wish the best of luck to having a speedy recovery for Nanaki. :3 Major kudos to your family-- I wish I could hear a lot more stories of people selling their things to save their pet than of people trying to avoid the vet. You're a wonderful owner, Nanaki is lucky to have such a loving home.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 pm
Celestial Fireflies
I wish the best of luck to having a speedy recovery for Nanaki. :3 Major kudos to your family-- I wish I could hear a lot more stories of people selling their things to save their pet than of people trying to avoid the vet. You're a wonderful owner, Nanaki is lucky to have such a loving home.
Thank you so much ^___^ It really means a lot to me!  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items