Calling All ATG SCHTSERV PSO Players! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:51 pm
Play With Us!

So, Kalsie, Jaft, and I are starting to play again, and moving through the ropes once more. Anybody else wants to join us?

If you want to, you just need to register for a PSO: Blue Burst account and download the Windows PSO: Blue Burst client from SCHTHACK Phantasy Star Online Private Server. The download is compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8, and has everything you'll need to play.

For now, we're probably just going to do some grinds, or maybe do some of the story quests. I'm hoping to get people interested in Challenge Mode (everyone starts out at predefined levels and equipment) and, later, Battle Mode, since those are very fun too.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:17 pm
Classes

Hunter (HU)

Hunters are the melee class of the game. They have the highest attack power of all the classes, and are one of the easier classes to start as a new player because the generally higher attack and defense makes clearing areas a little faster. Choosing a Human or a Newman Hunter also gives you access to Techniques like Resta (Healing) and Jellen/Zalure (Enemy Debuffs).

In a team, Hunters are designed to take heavy hits and deliver heavy hits. Depending on the weapon, they can manage some crowd control as well, hitting multiple targets at the same time.

Ranger (RA)

Rangers are the ranged class of the game. Their attack power isn't as high as Hunters, but their accuracy is higher than the other two classes. In early levels, Rangers are probably the easiest for new players because of their attack range; they can snipe away at targets from a distance, and move if targets get too close. Human Rangers get access to the same spells as Human or Newman Hunters, but CAST rangers get access to traps, letting them always freeze/confuse/damage targets in range once the trap detonates.

In a team, Rangers are excellent at crowd control. Most of their attacks, if they connect, will temporarily stun a target, giving a hunter a chance to attack or finish a combo without getting hurt; and their high accuracy guarantees a hit almost every time with a normal attack. They also get access to shot guns, which target all in range with an attack, stunning and, with heavy attacks, pushing them back.

Force (FO)

Forces are the mage class of the game. What they lack in attack, accuracy, and defense; they make up with their magical strength. They're the only class that can learn all the techniques: no others can learn Grants, Heavy Light Damage; Megid, OHKO; or Reverser, Revival; Rangers have no access to Jellen or Zalure, enemy debuffs; Hunters have no access to Shifta or Deband, ally buffs. However, getting all the spells is a slow process of either buying or finding technique disks, and buying items to refill your TP is expensive. Couple that with low attack, accuracy, and physical defenses, the Force is probably the hardest class to start out.

In a team, Force roles are varied. With the highest technique levels, and the ability to learn all techniques, Forces can buff, debuff, and heal far better than all the other classes, and their offensive spells can eradicate the targets that Hunters and Rangers find difficult to hit or damage. At higher levels, the Human Forces become competent enough to use melee weapons as well.

Races

Humans (Mar/Marl)

Humans are the most balanced race in the game, and can play as all the classes in PSO. Their ability to use techniques allows versatility during play, and that versatility makes them suited for beginning players.

CAST (Cast/Caseal)

CASTs are androids, and they're physically stronger and more accurate than the other races in the game. However, they have no magical ability, and thus cannot be Forces. Consequently, they can't use techniques either, limiting their versatility.

The benefits you get from being a CAST, though, is HP regeneration while standing still. Also, you're immune to pretty much all status effects, except for electric shock. In place of techniques, you get access to traps, which target all in range, and always cast the status effect they cause. They go off after a certain amount of time, or when targeted by your or ally's attack or technique. One last benefit is you can see traps in the field.

Newman (Newm/Newearl)

Newmans are a genetically created race made by combining human DNA with feline DNA. Weird, eh? This apparently decreases a newman's physical aptitude, but increases their mental and emotional capacity. That makes them good with techniques. Apparently, this increased mental and emotional aptitude makes it so that they can't be Rangers, unfortunately.

You don't get any immunity to statuses like CASTs do, but you get TP regeneration. Nifty, eh?  

Sentama Lin

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:21 pm
Game Modes

Normal

Normal mode is pretty much the standard game. Beat monsters, slay dragons, do quests for the city's citizens. The main story quests are available in this mode.

Challenge

Challenge mode still has the theme of beating monsters and slaying dragons (or, other bosses for that matter), but with set starting levels and equipment. The goal with each challenge is to get to the finish area in the shortest amount of time. Nobody in the team can die at any time, though everyone starts with a Scape Doll, which will revive you one time if you die. The more difficult a challenge is, the more Scape Dolls you'll start out with.

One of the biggest draws of Challenge mode is if all Episode 1 challenges are beaten in under 7 hours, you get an S-Rank Weapon of your choice from the list of Episode 1 choices, and you're allowed to customize it's name. Completing all Episode 2 challenges under 5 hours will get you another S-Rank Weapon of your choice from the list of Episode 2 choices. And, like the Episode 1 S-Rank Weapon, you get to name it, too!

Battle

Battle mode is like Normal mode, but it allows you to target your allies, too. You can either duel it out, or go into pre-arranged battle arenas with particular rules.

One Player

One Player mode is for one player, and has weaker enemies and less enemies on the map. It also allows you to play the story mode's side quests.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:17 pm
Team ATG

The main benefit of joining a team on PSO is it unlocks Team Chat, where all the online members can talk to each other regardless of what ship/block/game you are on. Other benefits include a team flag that will be shown in the lobbies next to your name, and teams can increase in rank by exchanging rare items (9-12 Star Ratings) for Team Points. The only thing Team Points are good for at the moment, though, is to increase member and leader sizes in the team.

Team Ship, Block, and Lobby

Hasn't really been set, yet, but let's make it Distance, Block 2, Lobby 15; yay Go-Go Ball!

Following tradition, Team ATG's game name format is "ATG - [Difficulty/Challenge Stage/Other Notes]" and the password is "heysav" .

Current ATG Players

• Jaft: Misohoney (RACaseal)
  • Sentama Lin: Clotho (FOMar), Lachesis (FOMarl), Atropos (RACaseal), Eirene (HUMar, Team Bank)
  • Kalstolyn: Haven't Seen Her Online Yet
  • Erverain: Erve (FOMar), Mechanoid (HUCast), Shortround (RACast)
  • Phaeton: Ai (RAMarl), Mayura (HUNewearl), Neith (FOMarl), Tori (RACaseal)

Team Events

• Pending

Team Bank

The Team Bank is a collection of items that anyone on the team can borrow or use. Feel free to donate items here that may be helpful to our members:

Current Team Bank Items
For Weapons, the numbers in brackets mean Native/Beast/Machine/Dark/Hit. For Armors and Shields, the numbers in brackets mean SLOT/LVL.

• BRIONAC [Weapon, Partisan, 0/0/0/0/0]
  • MAGUWA [Weapon, Partisan, 0/0/0/0/0]
  • CLUB OF LACONIUM +4 [Weapon, Cane, 0/0/5/0/0]
  • CLUB OF LACONIUM +4 [Weapon, Cane, 30/0/0/0/0]
  • LIEUTENANT GEAR [Armor, 0/101]
  • Devil/Battle [Unit]
  • Megid LV1 [Disk]
  • Megid LV6 [Disk]

Sentama Lin

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:53 pm
Wahoo!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:08 pm
I played Schthack Blue Burst from like summer 2007 to fall 2008. I tried to run it again but options doesn't work at all and I can't connect to the patch server. Apparently my account still exists though. That's nice.  

Phaeton

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:34 pm
Well, this would be a great way to pass the time until an english patch for PSO2 comes out...
Provided I can get the blasted thing to work. I'm having roughly the same problems Phaeton is having. Dunno if my account is still there, though. On the site it does say after 90 days of inactivity they're cleared...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:03 pm
The updated download links on their page has fixed most of the client issues for ones with older clients. I run Windows 7 and I was able to just install it and run it; Vista/7 is aware that it needs Admin rights and will ask for it if UAC is enabled.

@Erve: I thought my account would've been cleared, too, but apparently I still had my account. Odd.

@Phae: How I got Options to work is I just started the game as normal, without configuring options, just so the game can download the updated binaries. Options worked after that initial patch. Though, if the patch server's being loopy, not sure what to say about that; I haven't had any problems. My guess it was a server end and not your end.  

Sentama Lin

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:01 pm
Huzzah, things are in place once again. And my characters are all still there. Lovely.
Can't promise I'll be on often, but here they are if you want them:
Erve (FOMar 93)
Mechanoid (HUCast 49)
Shortround (RACast 40)
I've not touched them in months, so don't be surprised if you see me running into walls or lagging behind.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:34 pm
Curse you SUNBELT!

I don't know if I'll be on much, but here's my characters:
Ai (RAmarl 115)
Mayura (HUnewearl 193)
Neith (FOmarl 150)
Tori ( RAcaseal 50)

I don't think my 1337 PSO skills have rusted over too badly. Apparently I was a pretty good team player despite being a lone wolf for 75% of the time I played.  

Phaeton

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:55 pm
Done and done; everyone I know of is added to the team list! Hope to see you all there sometimes--and maybe we can all try Challenge Mode. X3  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:21 pm
My old account still exists, but I have lost my password and the email address I used to register has been wiped out, so I had to start from scratch. D':

So I now have a RAmar character named Kaven. Maybe one day I'll magically remember my password and get access to Lloransson and Telora and Kalstolyn again. crying  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:54 am
Oh, by the way, Erve. It's official, and PSO2 is going to be released to Western shores.

Now, all I need is a better PC... ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:09 pm
Yeah me too. It's surprisingly high end for a low end game. Sega would have been silly to not release it here with all the people here invading their ships during beta.  

Phaeton

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:14 pm
Sentama Lin
Now, all I need is a better PC... ninja

Ain't that the truth. With nothing else running and the visuals set practically to the lowest, my score on the performance benchmark is still a good 800 below the minimum. Though that could just be because I'm using a laptop with a wireless connection instead of a PC with a landline.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff