Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
False heat in recently sayed cat?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

imderanged

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:31 am
We were finally able to get my brother's cat spayed earlier this month. He had been wanting to do it for a while but he's been unemployed, but we a spay clinic that would do it a lot cheaper than our regular vet. She healed up and everything seemed fine...but tonight I've heard her howling like she usually did when she was going into heat! We've checked on her and she seems fine, not hurt or anything... I'm concerned that she is having a false heat or that they didn't get everything out the should have or something? I know I'm being paranoid...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:20 pm
Well, apparently I was just being paranoid... I didn't know this yesterday but my brother had gone out at like 3 am and locked her in his room and THAT is why she was crying. She hasn't been doing it today and has been acting completely normal, not displaying any of the other "heat" behaviors. She just doesn't like to be alone!  

imderanged

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:44 pm
It IS possible and has happened though usually in unexperienced vets and immature cats. A cat that has never had a heat has very small ovaries. It's possible that they can get mistaken and...left behind.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:20 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
It IS possible and has happened though usually in unexperienced vets and immature cats. A cat that has never had a heat has very small ovaries. It's possible that they can get mistaken and...left behind.

She's 4 years old and she had a litter of kittens when she was young stressed . She was spayed at a clinic where all they do are spays and neuters. I remembered hearing that it was possible, I just wasn't sure how common it was. I really think I was just getting nervous about nothing though, she seems fine now, apparently she has just realized she can YELL to get what she wants from us (in or out of a room, attention, a cheeseburger...) Our pets have us pretty well trained... rolleyes  

imderanged

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:57 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Ooo I didn't know that. That certainly explains why one of our cats was fixed but had kittens.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:59 pm
Kithy Kitty
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Ooo I didn't know that. That certainly explains why one of our cats was fixed but had kittens.
that shouldnt have happened, the take the uterus out, so while a female can go into heat (with just ovaries) there would be no where for the eggs to attach.  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:37 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
Kithy Kitty
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
that shouldnt have happened, the take the uterus out, so while a female can go into heat (with just ovaries) there would be no where for the eggs to attach.
Then the vet must have lied. They gave us paperwork saying she'd been spayed but had three kittens.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:41 pm
Kithy Kitty
Cowgirl-with-heart
Kithy Kitty
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Then the vet must have lied. They gave us paperwork saying she'd been spayed but had three kittens.
yea, unless they didnt do it right >.<  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

imderanged

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:30 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
Kithy Kitty
Cowgirl-with-heart
Kithy Kitty
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
yea, unless they didnt do it right >.<

I think it is possible attempted a tubal ligation rather than an ovohysterectomy and in that case if something was not done correctly it might be possible for pregnancy to occur ...  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games