Submit

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:38 pm
I got my two goldfish a plant but they don't much care for it. But there is some algae growing on it. It's brown and slimy, easy to wipe off. I don't know if they're munching on it or not, don't think so. I have a fluorescent light over the tank.

The tank itself has been established for just over a month. I've had the water tested and everything is fine but the ammonia is a little high. Assuming that's partly because it's still cycling. Going to get it tested tomorrow.

Should I wait and see if it goes off on its own or perhaps buy a brighter/different type of light? Or something else entirely?

My fish are small still and in 10 gallon for the time being (plan to move to a 29gal+ soonish)...I think it's too small for too many more fish but what are my options for this algae?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:41 pm
I think I might be feeding them a tad too much. I usually feed them a small pinch of flakes when I wake up and when I'm about to turn the light off at night and a very small pinch of blood worms as a little treat once or twice a day. Should I cut back on the flakes or buy something else entirely?  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items