Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Convincing my mom for a dog?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:22 pm
My mom and I have been casually discussing dogs, and how much I miss having one. The other day, my mom and I were taking a little glance at Petfinder, and we kept coming back to this particular dog. He's local, an adult, and an Aussie mix. What's more to love? The only thing holding us back is Piper, the goddamned cat. He doesn't like dogs (he's never really been around them, but he's gotten over every thing that he's had a problem with before. He didn't like other cats, water, a particular toy, all sorts of stuff. Now he has no problem with them. Maybe if we did a meet and greet between Parker and Piper, our problems would disappear. What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:56 pm
It cant hurt to try, I think he looks more like an ACD mix than a Aussie myself xD  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:54 pm
You could do a meet and greet prior to adopting the dog but cats and dogs generally won't hit it off right away. My dog and our cats don't get along at all and they've been together for over a year.

Even if they don't become friends they may learn to just avoid each other entirely. I'd be more worried if the dog were possibly aggressive to cats than your cat not liking the dog.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:00 am
my cats have never been "dog people" and they were pretty pissed when i got stowrm. but they learned to live around her. they still dont like her but they have learned to avoid her if they want and i have 2 rooms blocked off just for them if they dont even want to look at her anymore. there seems to be peace in my house  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items