Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mischa Tolstoyevski

2,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:21 am
*stands up* Hi, my name is Athena, and...*deep breath waving hands in front of face*...I promised myself I wouldn't cry....*composing self*...I'm an origami fanatic.

Seriously.

The cuter the better. If it's Hello Kitty or Anime related, all the better. I make origami flowers, stars, modular, you name it.

Does anyone else here share the passion or am I the only origami nerd on here? *hears crickets* Anybody?

*whispers* I wish this one was mine. *points down to image*
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:11 am
Mischa Tolstoyevski
*stands up* Hi, my name is Athena, and...*deep breath waving hands in front of face*...I promised myself I wouldn't cry....*composing self*...I'm an origami fanatic.

Seriously.

The cuter the better. If it's Hello Kitty or Anime related, all the better. I make origami flowers, stars, modular, you name it.

Does anyone else here share the passion or am I the only origami nerd on here? *hears crickets* Anybody?

*whispers* I wish this one was mine. *points down to image*
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I do appreciate the art of origami. In college for an assignment called a "process piece" I made an origami flower bouquet. The only thing I bought was the book, and some crystals for a little bit of personality. But all the paper I used came from my collection or from family and friends. Around the winter holidays I usually make origami boxes, because I can make them the exact size I want. I've done a crane a couple of times, but they are hard. If you have any websites, please share.  

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

Mischa Tolstoyevski

2,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:09 pm
Most wonderful! heart

Yes, you can use any kind of paper (dollar bills, wrapping paper, copy paper, scrapbook paper, metal sheets, tinfoil, you name it!). There is even a wet paper type of origami, but I've always been scared to try it because I know what happens to paper when it gets wet.

Websites:
English Origami Club with some nice Beginner Designs
One with a Multitude of Folds, including step by step and video instructions for the Crane
Resource Center
A Personal Favorite of Mine, Paper Kawaii!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:20 pm
Mischa Tolstoyevski
Most wonderful! heart

Yes, you can use any kind of paper (dollar bills, wrapping paper, copy paper, scrapbook paper, metal sheets, tinfoil, you name it!). There is even a wet paper type of origami, but I've always been scared to try it because I know what happens to paper when it gets wet.

Websites:
English Origami Club with some nice Beginner Designs
One with a Multitude of Folds, including step by step and video instructions for the Crane
Resource Center
A Personal Favorite of Mine, Paper Kawaii!

Here is one of my additions. After I gave my presentation, I gave similar directions. Can't find the exact one, but this is close enough. It's easy enough and interactive. I have mild ADD and so do many art students.... giving them something to do during a presentation- bad... after presentation- stick in their head a little better.

http://web-japan.org/kidsweb/virtual/origami2/exploring01_06.html  

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

BagaSherry

Friendly Citizen

12,150 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:34 pm
I haven't made any origami in years after i'm working =w='''
oh~~~ i miss the old day that i crazy all about origami stuff