Submit

Blood Pop

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:59 pm
To start off, I am in no way an expert in fish. I know very little about them, actually. This was my Father's fish, but he suddenly passed away in February last year... So I took in the fish, whose name is Lincoln.

Anyway, he's a few years old, maybe 3 or 4 years old. (Mom and Dad found him in a fountain a couple years ago, where some jackass had apparently just dumped him, and a few other fish like him, off. All the others had died in that water, and Lincoln was the only one still alive, so Dad took him to his house to keep.)
I can't really remember what his eyes were like before, but now he's got this weird black stuff near the outside, and it looks like it's inside his eyes.
And, to top it off, it looks like his eyes are bulging out a little more than they used to, and I'm really scared of him losing them!
I'll post up a few pictures of him that I took today.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Trying to show the "eye bulging"...
User Image

User Image

If anyone has any ideas what could be wrong with him, and knows what I can do to treat it, please let me know!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:43 pm
Well, I have almost no experience with fish, but a Google search brought me to the following articles, which explain some of the symptoms:

http://www.fishyportal.com/cgi-bin/pub/diag?c=v&id=49

http://thegab.org/Illness-and-Treatment/what-is-wrong-with-my-fish.html#Popeye  

Ailinea

Blood Pop

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:17 pm
Thanks for posting those links. None of the things listed in them really match what's wrong with Lincoln, but it's nice to know that fish can be treated for health problems.
For some reason, I didn't think they could be... "> A >

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:19 pm
I have seen a lot of goldfish with eyes with black around them, they look pretty normal....  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items